Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well,after a whirlwind weekend I finally got my butt in gear to post that I WILL be down to do the Fan Film on the 19th-next Sat. Good to hear (and see? WOW! Thanks Oreckel!)that all went VERY well and was also much fun.Pics are great.
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Allen, terrific job with the pics. I don't think anyone expected you to do that and with such timely efficiency.

Many thanks again to all those who could participate this weekend. Here's hoping the weather holds out for next weekend. Early indications are good.
  3. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    The pictures look great! Thanks for posting them!

I'm very glad to have been a part of this, and I hope it all works out next weekend!
  4. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wonderful that our Qui-Gon will be able to make it on Saturday the 19th.

Now all we need to do is make sure we have a Darth Maul. Chad did say he was going to do it, but then there was much confusion concerning whether or not there would be any shooting on the 19th. As Chad is currently in Florida and won't be back until the 16th, contacting him is a little bit of an issue, to make sure he still wants to do it.

Also, has anyone aquired a Darth Maul mask/skullcap with horns and the face makeup??

And duct tape. We will need a roll of duct tape to go around Maul's middle.

And my sunburn still really really hurts. And it has blistered [whine whine whine :_| ]
  5. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Are Maul and Qui still going to be blue ghosties or are those effects to much for the equiptment Terry and Oreckel have?
  6. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Uh...

Here's the thing. For them to be ghosts, we need Roan to be talking alone - without Maul and Qui on the set. She needs to pretend that she's that she's talking to them when they really aren't there. (Don't you just love acting?)

Then we need to film Qui and Maul against a BlueScreen at a later (or eariler) date. If this is too much trouble, we'll just do it the normal way, by having them on the set with Roan and not being ghosts.

Rox-
    Do you have a Blue Screen? I don't, and we're obviously going to need one.

Worst case scenario - I can probably get a sheet of plywood and paint it blue, but since it would only need a little bit of paint, we'd have most of a can of paint leftover.
  7. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I would suggest using money from the SWAP fund to buy something that will work. That way we can use it for future SWAP film projects that may require more effects.
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think I have a sheet that is blue. That might work if it is pulled tight and had no wrinkles.
  9. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    What about just doing something like a blue outline, for simplicity's sake?
  10. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I have a Maul mask BUT it's full face and I'm not willing (actually Welling)to hack it up,sorry.
  11. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    What about just doing something like a blue outline, for simplicity's sake?

You mean just a blue outline around Maul/Qui? That takes just as much work, as you're still required to tell the computer exactly where the person is in every shot. While you're doing that, it's just as simple to just drop the opacity a little bit and you have a ghost.
  12. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah- hence why I am not on the crew ;)
  13. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How about we shoot Qui & Maul's scene just normal for a 'backup'

Then, take Rox's sheet, duct tape it (from the roll that SOMEBODY needs to volunteer to bring) to the brick wall behind the area we are filming in, and then shoot the seen 'bluescreen'. So, if the sheet 'bluescreen' works and Qui & Maul look like blue ghostie guys, Yippeee! IF it doesnt' work, we have the backup to use.

So what about Maul's makeup and horns???

14. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Then, take Rox's sheet, duct tape it (from the roll that SOMEBODY needs to volunteer to bring) to the brick wall behind the area we are filming in, and then shoot the seen 'bluescreen'. So, if the sheet 'bluescreen' works and Qui & Maul look like blue ghostie guys, Yippeee! IF it doesnt' work, we have the backup to use.
    That's the idea, yes. :)

And I'll try to bring a roll of duct tape, but I'd like to encourage everyone to try to bring one - I'd hate to have a single person forget it, hence, ruining the shot.
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    This I know can be bought at any Party City store. They still have black and red face paint as well as horns. You'll need spirit gum and spirit gum remover to attach/detach the "appliances" (that's what the horns would be called in the business). Pretty simple actually. Just be certain the person who is doing Maul doesn't get makeup or spirit gum/remover in their face. that can ause an irritation as evidenced by mine last Sat. The person doing the make-up for Maul should have at least a good 2-3 hours for a rough facsimile. More time would be better but that amount should do for our project. If you need a bald cap as well for the head the spirit gum works with this to. You need to have scissors to cut down the cap to about 1/4 to 1/2 in. past the hairline so you can adhese this to the skin. Blend the make-up from the face onto the baldcap. The horns should stick to the bald cap as well but the cap need to be snug if your going that route.

Boy, I wish I could be there to do this. Anyway I hope this helps. If not Party city MAY have a Maul mask. Other wise maybe someone can purchase a black cloak and have Maul's back of the head hidden by the cloak. Again, Party City should still have CHEAP ones to use for this.

Good Luck, looks like the weather is going to hold out for this. Supposed to be in the 60's last time I checked.
  16. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    For whoever's going to Party City for us...

See if you can pick up some white/gray temporary hair color at party city. I checked, and my local Bilo (grocery store) only sells hair color around halloween, and everywhere else sold permenent hair color...

We would use this for Terry's costume: George Lucas. Maybe we could even get a wig, instead - and something else for the beard.
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm growing my beard so I think we can just fill it in with a makeup pencil. I shave me goatee down so it isn't so bushy too.
  18. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    folks, all this "somebody' and 'whoever' is doing Maul's makeup is NOT a good! Its now Tuesday evening. The shoot is Saturday morning, we need to KNOW exactly WHO is doing this, like NOW!

If worse comes to worse, Tony would you be willing to let Maul wear your mask? And have a masked Maul instead of a painted/make up Maul? Most definetly NOT as good, but unless someone real quick volunteers to get the stuff for the make up . . . its better than nothing.
  19. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    No problem on my part.It is a full face mask,I was concerned that when he speaks his lines,his mouth will not be moving.And even though it is a cheapie I'd not want to compromise the mask I have by altering it,but that's not sayin it can't be used.
  20. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You need somebody to play Maul yet? I'll do it I'll be there on Saturday.
  21. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Why don't you shave your head and use makeup so that the mouth moves when Maul talks... afraid are you?
  22. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Josh, wouuld you be willing to shave your head, beard and stache (moustache) for that?

Or do you just plan on using Tony's mask?

In either case, study the script and remember your lines.....

Your it bud.

Thanks for volunteering.

Since we weren't sure about Chad taking the SAT's on that day you'll make a fine replacement.

Do you have an outfit? Ask Chris if she can get Chad to led his to her for the weekend.

Your the right size to in comparison to Tony, so this can really work.

Thanks again and good luck all. I should be able to check in from Em's mom's place to see the progress.

Still looks like the weather will hold out but just for Saturday. Lucky us......
  23. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure if we need a Maul or not, Metallijedi. Darthdahc was originally scheduled to play the part, but he won't be back from Florida until tomorrow. If he comes to school, I'll ask him . . .

Perhaps you could be the 'understudy' and learn the part, just in case. Do you have a Sith outfit???

thanks for letting us use your mask, Master Fenn. Still, make up would be better. Isn't there anyone who could come up with a skullcap with some horns superglued to it :(

Oh, by the way, I managed to acquire some white hairspray in a game of chance. Some gray hairspray, also. :)
  24. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have an outfit just yet. Yony is working on Jedi robes for me right now. If he has any of them done by Sat. I should have something if not then perhaps somebody has a cloak I could use.
  25. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry to be gone for so long again(I hate the internet sometimes).
    As far as the Maul thing goes:
    If there is no wayy we can do the horns, I think I remember someone saying they had a black robe(was that you Terry? I remember the one you let me borrow that day at the IMAX) and we could have him wearing that over his head, thus covering the horns. Cause, follow my thinking here, the only time he took his robe off was when he faught Obi-Wan Qui-Gonn. Every other time, he had it on. And seeing as how it's an award show, he would kind of be dressed up. It makes some sense to me anyways. Does it make sense to anyone else? Also, what kind of mask is it. Is it the soft plastic like one that goes over the head, or is it the hard plastic one that just covers the front of the face?

Oh yeah, and I'm off Sat, so I will be there as long as it all takes this weekend.

Alan, how close to the blue screen would the people have to be? My only worry is that if we duct tape the sheet to the wall, would we get the ground peeking behind them? Or their shadows on the sheet messing it up? Or do you think it would be easier to have it between two poles, and have it move behind them?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.