main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    It's the soft Rubber one,Zero.It's just that when worn,it'll be extremely noticable that it is a rubber mask.

2. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Most likley we'll just have both (or all three if Carrie's coming) camera's totally pointed at the characters, and none at the ground, at least for that shot.

Something else just occured to me: all of the cameras must be totally steady during this shot, or else the bluescreen will not work. Any jiggle will be picked up and render the shot usless (at least that section, we can use camera cuts to make the rest fit).

Also remember that if we use the bluescreen, we'll need to shoot Roan alone pretending to talk with them, without the cameras moving.

For this shot, we'll set up everyone on a tripod, angle the camera's and just walk away. Don't even touch them until the end of the day, becuase everything needs to be at the exact same angle when we shoot it a second time.

3. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Just to confirm...

We're meeting tommorow at the same Loews at the same location at 1:00PM?

Who can stay afterwards? Do you think that after filming (to celebrate our creation) we should go watch a movie? There are a lot of good movies playing next weekend (Head of State, Anger Management, and The Core to name a few), it might be fun to watch a movie as a SWAP event.

The only problem I can think of at this point are prices, which may get rather high. I may be able to pay for a ticket or two for someone else if needed.

4. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    I think I have a sheet that is blue. That might work if it is pulled tight and had no wrinkles.
    Bring that, and also bring something that will make it stick to the wall, such as a staple or nail.

5. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    *sorry for putting so many posts in a row, here...*

I'm editing a rough draft of what we have to bring with me tommorow, and I'm at the point where GC introduces the Stormie award.

Wouldn't it be great it we could have a little title at the bottom of the screen with "Little Known facts about the Stormie". We could have a blast with this, there's got to be something funny we could come up with about the original origin of the Stormie or something.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The first person to ever win the award was actually a Stormtrooper, thus, each award given thereafter resembles a Stormtrooper... or something along those lines.

Anyway, just make sure you shoot the blue ghosty scene once without the bluescreen in case it doesn't work.

7. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm back, not to the group, just back, I'll answer your questions:

1. No I am not taking SAT's

2. No, i am not going to be maul

3. No you can't use my outfit

4. Thanks for replacing me without even asking

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I can't do anything afterwards this week, I'm helping my brother paint tomorrow night.

Edit: Welcome back Chad! :) Have a good time in Florida?

9. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    ^_^ I can't wait to see the final cut- Poor Chad! Did you get sunburnt like Tony from all that makeup?

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hello everyone, I'm Roan Jivers with the latest update on Titanic Productions newest film, The Stormie Awards!

The weather co-operated with beautiful sunny skies as Titanic Productions, under the direction of ZeroCool, wrapped up principal shooting on Saturday. Despite earlier uncertainity as to their participation due to contract disputes ;) Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul did make their appearances, looking absolutely fabulous! Unfortunately, technical difficulties resulted in the abandonment of the planned bluescreen effects for the Jinn-Maul scene.

The special cameo appearance of "Uncle George" concluded filming, with the last minute addition of a high speed chase by security.

Cast and crew were treated to a rough cut of the previous filming by head camera co-ordinator Orekal. Reports are that responses were very favorable.

Afterwards, some of the cast and crew headed to Eat-n-Park, for a nice dinner.

Next Friday will be a special advance viewing of the rough cut at the "Movies & Munchies" held at Noble_Kale's room at the Pittsburgh comicon.

This is Roan Jivers, thanking you for tuning in!

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm very glad to here that things went well on Saturday. Thanks GC or is that RJ for the update. Now it's (the film) in the hands of our editors (Allen/Oreckel and Terry/Rox). I look forward to seeing this "masterpiece". ha ha j/k ;)

Well, at the least I hope everyone had fun.

12. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Do we have an ETA for the rough cut viewing?

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Well, I guess I know now how close some people read my posts ;) :)

Next Friday will be a special advance viewing of the rough cut at the "Movies & Munchies" held at Noble_Kale's room at the Pittsburgh comicon.

14. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Estimated TIME of Arrival, not Estimated Date of Arrival ;)

I was wondering if anyone had a proposed meeting time- I did catch that it was on friday :p

<------- Reads good :D

15. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I am very curious to see how that comes out. I would like to be part of the next film. Has there been any discussion about the next one?

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    For the Survivor: Endor film I am in the process of selecting a location, which can be discussed on that thread. Everything else is still in the early planing stages but PM me if you want to know more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.