***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC/TSClogo-tn.jpg]

Instead of creating threads for the various waves and so forth in the upcoming saga collection I thought of creating one thread for all discussions to take place on the line spanning through 2006.

Please feel free to talk about anything to do with the saga collection including what I like the most those variants, some pictures would be nice ;)

I shall start the thread off :D

First variant which was reported today over on the rebelscum site which has been given the name of "the egyptian vader", as you can see below behind the bubble is vader in the standard pose which looks alike to the votc vader pose.
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSChoth13.jpg]
    and heres the egyptian vader pose
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSChoth5.jpg]

2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Just a note that this Official thread has mod approval (before everyone jumps on Skywalker!).
  3. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been haivng a hard time finding Saga figures at the stores around me lately. Target had nothing but the new titanium ships and some of things as well. Toys R Us had nothing buy Voice Changing Vader Helmets and lightsabers.

I think i'm considering buying them online before it becomes too hard to locate them.

I'm only getting Vader stuff, so all the Vader figures are what I'm looking for.
  4. Odowan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have everything I need from the Carkoon wave, now. The only one I'm passing on is Boba. I really have no need for that figure at all. Holograms I got are:

Han: Rebel Trooper
    Leia: Obi-Wan
    Chewbacca: Yoda
    Barada: Sidious
    Bib Fortuna: Maul

I'm overall pretty pleased with these so far. I already have a version of this Chewie, but the paint apps on this one are far better and the chain is attached to allow his use in my new Jabba's Palace diorama. My favorite of this wave is definatly Leia, even if the Leia likeness isn't that great (But seriously, has Hasbro ever made a good Leia likeness?)Bring on the Hoth Wave. I want Veers so bad!
  5. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
    This collection has some really good stuff in it, but I doubt I'll be able to find even half of what I want. So far I've only seen two figures from the Carkoon wave. I know it's still early, but I have a feeling that's how it's gonna be around here. I'll give it some more time, but if it becomes too much of a chore I'm giving up on action figures and focusing on Koto, MR and GG stuff. That said, the Hoth wave looks really cool, even the figures I don't want.

I read a report on Rebelscum the other day about possible repacked vehicles from ROTS for the Sgag collection. It wasn't listed in the report but hopefully they'll put some more Gunships out there for everyone who didn't get one. I hoping for a BARC speeder myself, as I passed on it a few times and then it dissapeared before I could get it.:oops:
  6. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    I have yet to see a Saga figure in the stores. I never even saw the Seperation of the Twins. It's so depressing.

The "Eqyptian" Vader makes me laugh! If I ever see that one I might pick it up and keep it packaged.
  7. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    From the sound of things, Saga seems to be a rare line. I have 2x targets and 2x walmarts i hit with great frequency. Over the course of the last 2 weeks, both targets have put out at least 6 cases of Saga 1 apiece. There are pegwarmers a full week after i bought my set. The two walmarts put out 3 cases (that ive seen) between them both, and have sold out within a day. Now today, I scored 4 out of 8 of the Hoth wave at Target. I missed out on vader, ATAT driver, R2 and the power droid. At first i thought Saga would be easy to find, but so many people on the boards are having a tough time finding wave 1 stuff, and they're already shipping wave 2. That likely means no more shipments of wave 1, and a lot of unhappy collectors out there.

Does anyone have any info on this vader variant? Was this a running change like the Mquarrie stormtrooper, or are they both relativly easy to find. Im a vader fan, so i already need 1 for my vader shelf, and 1 for my collection, and now i need a third for the variation. Argh.

onward
  8. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    The SAGA line is flying off the pegs locally, even at Target & K-Mart for $6.99. Pegs are already empty and ready for the Hoth wave everywhere I went tonight. Can't wait to find them :D

There was a report on Rebelscum of someone finding the Hoth wave in Indianapolis a few days ago, so it's starting to leak out.

9. NewWorldOrder Jedi Knight

star 3
    i want the republic commando trooper and orange clone. plus i need a jango

http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=4445
  10. SithAboveAll Jedi Master

star 4
    since i'm pretty new to collecting figures, i'm excited about this line. i dont have the problem's of caring about them being repacks or new, because they're all new to me (except rots figures). so...cant wait. :D
  11. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far, there's nothing I realy, really want in this line. I am, however, looking forward to Sora Bulq, Scorch, Cody and the 212th Attack battalion (Utapau) Clone trooper. Hopwfully we'll get pictures of the Coruscant wave soon, as I'll probably want Foul Moudama aswell.

I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't see a new Anakin Skywalker Ghost figure (probably an exclusive) this year though.
  12. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't started lookin yet cause I'm poor right now, But I can't wait to get started on them. But if i can't find them around here ill proberly get mine online.
  13. Master_Jedi80 Jedi Master

star 3
    I havent seen any signs of the Saga Figures here in Manhattan.
    Im waiting to see them in person to make a decision.
    In general, the Utupau Clone and Cody are my main goals of this line.
    i am also interested in the Ewok sculpts slated for later this year...

SO i just gotta wait until they start showing up around here...
    Im hoping they do re-release soem vehichles as well...
    and how about some cool new playsets
  14. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    in a desperate effort to find the last 4 hoth wave figs before the geonosis wave hits, I drove to 3 DIFFERENT targets this morning. and nothing. So, on my way home, i was like "what the hell, why not" and went back to the same target i found hoth at yesterday. I doubted they'd have put out more after only a day, but i figured i'd make my failure complete. I get there, and dont even hurry inside (normally i walk fast) like i said, I was expecting nothing. i get there nonchalantly and my jaw drops :eek: I have a complete hoth wave. Snagged the only vader and power droid, as well as an atat pilot and r2. I got the "egyptian variant" vader i wanted most, so i didnt even check the holo fig. So im in my truck driving home, and i stop at a light, so i pull out the vader, and casually check the hologram, and its VADER! [face_dancing] Not only did I get the vader i wanted, but i got the holo fig i wanted (still need a vader with boba and the standing variant) so my search is complete except for the other 2 vaders i want.

rant over

onward
  15. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Have noticed over on another forum they are mentioning the different numbers on han's weapon they are finding but to be honest the explanation behind it is, the number represents the machine it's running on I suppose so any problems with a weapon they are able to track it to the particular machine.
  16. darcphoenyx Jedi Master

star 4
    I pity the fool who decides they need packaged versions of Han with all possible holo and staff number variations.
  17. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    ditto. thats like 13 variations. I think hasbroke does that on purpose.

onward
  18. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    To be honest spread over the course of 2006 the whole line will be next to impossible to get hold of in some stores as they will just be kept in a small section, kind of sad in a way that we may never see a large area devoted to star wars in a toy store again like rots.
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Just a heads-up on a packaging variant for Boba Fett. You can see the story and pics
    here on Rebelscum. I checked my two - both have the flames behind the legs.
  20. pretender Jedi Master

star 2
    Our Target had the Hot wave out, I got an At-At- Driver with a holo-Stormtrooper. I checked through them until I found one with the stormie. Passed so far on the other ones, maybe if I find a Fett with a Fett, but I already have Bobas and should save my money for the new Clone Troopers (I didn't already have the At-At driver).

Target had a lot of Boush and Bib-Fortunas so I'd guess the rest of that wave sold out. Other stores here either haven't gotten any in or sold out of it all.
  21. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    So we have another variant available to us then, the votc collection figures that were listed on rebelscum were actual images of the canadian version which will have Pour 4 ans et plus at the top of the card like the vintage canadian kenner cards, then the american ones will have the standard ages 4 and up so pretty good on hasbro's side of things, I always dream that they should one day have a whole year of kenner style cards including potf with the coins and maybe do a few creatures and vehicles in the kenner style packaging.
  22. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    It's disappointing that TRU has nothing with the new Saga line. My only luck so far has been Target. I'm thinking about going to the walmart that's not too far away to see what I can get there. If not I'm just going to have to order this stuff online. I think what I'll find most of though is the Unleashed Battle packs, which are pretty nice and I wouldn't mind collecting those instead of the Saga figures, since those are no where to be found.
  23. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, new VOTC figs! And I thought I only had to find Lando, Chewie and R2!
  24. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    You need to find lando??? When I was over in california I have never seen a pegwarmer as big as votc lando they were everywhere especially disneyland I saw a whole display full of them.
  25. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Lando and Sly Moore were pegwarmers in my local Entertainer. I don't know if they have any left though. They still had Sly Moore last week when I was there.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.