main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

I've wondered that myself. Now that the movies are over, you wonder if Hasbro will settle in for a while like they did during the POTF 2 years. Since 2007 is the 30th anniversary, they might incorporate a logo or something, but I bet they stick with this basic look for a while.

2. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    You just answered it. The 2007 collection will be heralded as the 30th Anniversary Collection, or something similar to that.

Great thinking there, Juke-Skywalker. =D=

3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

*Bows* Thank you. No flash photography please :cool:. Usually when people say that to me it's dripping with sarcsam, so I'll take it.

4. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_TIE_Fighter_Joins_The_Saga_Collection_99010.asp

Looks like another vehicle I'll be picking up. I need a TIE Fighter, and I passed on the Target exclusive one last year because the only time I saw it I didn't have the cash for it. Just wish this one came with a more recent pilot figure.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum have posted up a list of upcoming attractions for late 2006/2007 (30th Anniversary). You can check the list out here.
    My immediate reactions? A new Fett that isn't a Carkoon repack would be great, and I hope the Holiday Special Boba is better than the Vader from last year. And for EU fans who want a Yuuzhan Vong figure, your prayers have been answered.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, that's an interesting list. It certainly seems that Hasbro is trying to be all things to all collectors, so everyone will have something to look forward to.

I'm psyched about the "Concept" figures... 3 in one wave it looks like (Though I'm sure the RM Stormtrooper is a re-pack) and a Holiday special Boba is a cool (And unusual) choice.

Here's an inetresting note taken from one of the Q&A columns...

Q.) Based on the overwhelming response to the current TSC-style cardback, are there any plans to depart from this style once the 2006 line has ended?

A.) We are looking at a different line look for 2007, which we'll be showing at Comic-Con.

So, looks like new cardbacks for 2007 & that Hasbro plans to show off some new stuff at Comic-Con.

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am looking forward to the battle packs and those EU figures.

8. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Wow, there is a lot of great stuff to look forward to. Lot of surprises in there.

9. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    As much as I'd love to focus more on the high end collectibles, this list has some highly tempting items for me:

Wave 1: ROTS
    Galactic Marine
    (Mace Windu)
    (Clone Trooper) (don't see what they can improve on #41)
    Super Battle Droid

Wave 2: ANH
    Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
    EU Chewbacca (McQuarrie Design)
    EU Stormtrooper (McQuarrie design)
    EU Boba Fett (Johnston Design) (SWEET!!)

Wave 3: ROTJ
    Oola w/Chain

Wave 4: AOTC
    (Mace Windu)
    (Clone Trooper) (can't see how they can improve the EE exclusive version)
    EU Yuuzhan Vong (Yuuzhan Vong in AOTC???)

VOTC figures:

ANH
    Jawas

TESB
    Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) (wooohooooooo!!!)

3 3/4" expanded Universe 2-Packs:

MARVEL
    Darth Vader & Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Stormtrooper & Tarkin
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise & Chewbacca
    Luke Stormtrooper Disguise & R2-D2

Dark Horse
    Republic #55 (Clone Wars) - Obi-Wan & Alpha Arc Trooper
    SW Tales: Twilight #1 - Quinlan Vos VS. Vilmarh Grahrk

I want all of those comics EU figures, especially the Marvel ones, because of the extremely high nostalgic vaule for me. I literally read those comics to pieces back in the 80s. And yes, Hasbro should expand on that, making Hoojibs, Dani & Rick Duel, Huhks, Kiro, oh man, too many to name!!

10. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    This points me in the direction of I need more figures!!!!!

11. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    Here is a little something to wet your appetite.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=120

click on the small pics to see up close.

New Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca. The pilot who found Luke and Han on Hoth! Nice sculpt.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/100.jpg

enjoy!

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Anyone else having problems with the links above? I'm getting a 'website not found' on both. Maybe the site is having server problems..

13. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    No problems with the links.

Woohee, that's a cool vehicle, by the way!

14. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Hmm, no it shows up fine for me. It looks amazing in the package. I'm kinda wishing they wouldn't make these look so nice boxed, because I open all my vehicles. It's the same with the upcoming Dagobah X-Wing. It's gonna be tough to open these.[face_worried] And the sculpt for Zev looks great.

15. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Buy two then.

16. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    For $45? No way. That's how much the X-wing is going to go for. Snowpseeder will probably be around the same.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Still not working for me. I've also tried the main site and I get a 'not found' on it also. Weird. I checked the Norton Security and can't find anything obvious to block it.
    Somebody else was having a similar problem with the Dark Horse comic site and posted about it in Lit - we could all get to it fine and he/she couldn't. This sounds like the same type of problem. It finally cleared up after a few weeks for that user.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    =P~ Wow, and it comes with a new figure! (Anyone else think the Zev figure looks a little bit like Bill Murray?)

I love Snowspeeders. [face_love]

19. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    Yay! Finally a Yuuzhan Vong figure! Now I will not be sad if Nom Anor isnt the winner of the fan's choice contest!

20. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    so i'm late to the party on this but, how is his leg dirty but shoe clean?

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC/tsc037sandtrooperfront.jpg]

21. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    That Snowspeeder with Zev look sgreat. That looks like the first accurate Hoth pilot uniform sculpt too. I'm glad they changed the tail gun back to the 80's version rather than the oversized POTF firing missile version.

I never got the POTF version and I missed the one with Dack packed in, so I'll have to hunt for this.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I still haven't found a Sand trooper... I hadn't noticed the clean feet before... His Mother must be a lot like mine.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
  24. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Not sure where to post this but from the Jawa.com :ToyFare issue # 109 is due to hit the magazine racks any day now, and with it come the results of the most recent of Hasbro's Fan Choice Polls. This poll is unprecedented, as Hasbro has always conducted their polls online through their official website at http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/, but it was always plagued with fan accusations of hacking and limited choices. So this time around, Hasbro has partnered with ToyFare and the field was opened to every and any character in the Star Wars universe.

But what about the results? We can't tell you the winner. You'll have to buy a copy of ToyFare to find that out. Rather, we got some very intriguing revelations from ToyFare's Managing Editor, Zach Oat.

First of all, while there is one winner, there won't be just one figure to come from this year's Fan Choice Poll. According to Zach "Hasbro is making the number-one vote getter, as well as the number two."

Zach also added that "The voters were overwhelmingly in favor of the expanded universe characters, and not the minor characters from the original trilogy. Hermi Odle, for instance? Not a winner." Sorry to rain on the parade of all the stalwart Ice Cream Maker Guy supporters.

Bearing that in mind, here are the remaining EU characters that are in the running. We're not including Kir Kanos since that figure has already been confirmed as part of an Entertainment Earth exclusive 2-pack.

Many thanks to Zach Oat and everyone at ToyFare for their hard work on the poll and the help in the preparation of this article.

I think Quinlan won

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Naboo half of the wave loose, carded & in hi-res.

rebelscum

And someone found the Endor wave at retail already :eek: and there's a bit of s surprise with one of the figures...

Galactic hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.