main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    :eek: They gave him Jango's face! Awesome! I was planning on only picking up one to keep carded, but now I gotta have a loose one for display.:D

2. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Here some pics of Kit fitso's jedi Starfighter.
    Looks like it is a ATOC/Cloen Wars style fighter as opposed to the ROTS style fighter

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Kit_Fisto_Jedi_Starfighter_Boxed_99211.asp

3. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I gotta hand it to Hasbro on the Endor soldiers variation. Nice touch. (And check out those cool backpacks!)

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm a bit bummed that The Saga Collection is ending so abruptly. Hasbro's been putting out so many lines in recent years that its frustrating they can't find something to stick with. Lines like OTC, POTC, Clone Wars, ROTS, and now TSC don't have the longetivity that older lines such as POTF2, Episode I, POTJ, and the original Saga line had. I'm thinking Hasbro's original intention was to keep this the running line for a few years, hence the triple digit numbering system. Then they decide to change that after new developments occur. I can understand them wanting to put out a 30th Anniversary Collection, but that doesn't mean they have to stray from the current look of TSC. I love the look of the line and wouldn't mind them holding on to it for at least another year or two. If anything I hope they decide that the 30th Anniversary Collection only puts TSC on hiatus, and resume it once that collection is over with. I seriously doubt that, though. Plus I have to wonder what the 30th Anniversary series will consist of... we've gotten peaks at several 2007 waves, so most likely the line will have characters from the entire Saga, but if that's the case I think they should just stick with the current look and call it what it's supposed to be... The 30th Anniversary Collection, but at the same time, leave it as part of TSC as they did with the Episode III Heroes and Villains and Greatest Battles.

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I completely I agree. I love TSC. Best card design ever, and I like the way the waves are done. I really hope they keep it going. I'd prefer for the 30th anniversary they just add something to the existing cards to commemorate it.

I can't help but laugh at the pic of the Rebel soldiers they use on the card. Could those guys look any less threatening? With the way they're posed next to each other, it looks like they're friends or know each other. I wanna see a sitcom about these two sharing an apartment or something.:p

7. no1amidala_fan

no1amidala_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    I just got my endor wave from toywiz.com today! I love online shopping, screw Target and Walmart they are completely worthless, I would much rather pay the extra fees that online shops carry than go to those retail shops that have 500 Lushros Doane figures and another 300 Ki Adu Mundi Holographic figures. With the price of gas being so high these days I don't know why a lot of people bother hitting up these shops, because in the end I end up spending the same amount of money with everything taken into account, and I hate waiting 2 months for a wave that has already been released to hit the retail stores!

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ Welcome to the boards!

Hasbro's weekly Q&A round-up

Here

&

Here

9. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Same answers every week it seems.I-) I think the only real newsworthy thing to come out of this so far has been the confirmation of the Galactic Marine.

10. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    Any word on when the "new" packaging is going to hit the shelves? I wonder if the EU stuff is going to be packaged like that as well?

11. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Some hi res pics of Vader's Sith starfighter-

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSCsithfighter1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSCsithfighter2.jpg

I think it looks really good for the most part. The red tinted canopy is a nice touch, but I don't like the giant Imperial emblems on the wings. I plan on picking this up as soon as I see one.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That looks really good. I think this design lends itself to a lot of different paint schemes. I'd like to see one in white ala the ANH Tie-fighters.

BTW, anyone else think they're overdoing this whole Mace Windu purple stuff? OK, so Sam Jackson asked for a purple lightsaber now Mace has a purple ship, purple Clones and a purple astromech droid. This has quickly gone from a signature to a fetish :p

13. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Ha, yeah, I think so too. The purple astromech is for his starfighter though, so it can slide. But the purple clone battalion is a little much. I'm still getting all of it though.:p

14. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    haha- this made me laugh. its true, and funny. but ill probablly get those clones.
    Purple is a regal color.

Has anyone seen the new endor wave in stores yet. i havent, but i heard rumors of someone spotting a 3PO in my toys r us. im really looking forward to this luke in Endor Poncho. as a kid i always wanted it, but never got the vintage. And i think the hard goods version is pretty lame. this looks great.

im also excited for Cheif Chirpa, i think he looks great.

im glad the saga line is being extended with all some releases in November.
    I really think this has been a great line

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

I haven't seen it yet... The Tatooine wave has come & gone from most places around here and now all that's left are stragglers from other waves like Vader & Lushros Dofine. Plenty of peg space just waiting for some nice Endor figures!

16. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I found the Endor Wave at the Wal-Mart on Archer Road in Gainesville, Florida if there are any collectors looking in that area. I bought only Moff Jerjerrod due to $$$ and frankly he doesn't look like the guy at all, but oh well it's him and I doubt we get another sculpt of him again. The figure looks really angry and younger than his movie counterpart. Which is unfortunate, I was really looking forward to this one.

17. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I just got the figure today and I was pretty happy with it, but the more I looked at it the more I have to agree that the likeness is a bit off. I can definitely see the angry bit, between the facial expression and his stance he just looks pissed.

To me that makes for a great Imperial officer figure for some scenes...but you're right, not quite as good considering it's supposed to be Jerjerrod.

18. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Ive still seen no sign of the Endor Wave here in NYC...
    but ive only been to KB and Toys R US
    hopefully they start showing up soon. Its awfully hot to walk the 15 blocks during lunch...and the subway is worse!
    :p

19. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    The Endor wave seems to have come and gone here, and now we're getting crazy clones. Today Wal-Mart was packed with Scorch, Cody, Sandtrooper, and Utapau clones. There must be some crazy all-clone assortment going around. There had to be at least a dozen of Scorch.

20. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    I've seen the new AT-AT at TRU in central MN. I stopped getting many of the vehicles a few years ago, but I've never had an AT-AT, so there is some nostaglia involved here. I usually figure a way to let others buy my big ticket items for me, so this'll be going on the X-mas list. ;)

21. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    The Endor Wave is available on the Hasbro Toy Shop Website.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=364&ID=17693&PG=1

22. RockUlikeVader

RockUlikeVader Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    I got Jerjerrod or Jerry as I call him. I agree he looks unhappy. He's not all care-free like General Veers.

I got 2 sandtroopers also. They look cool but their articulation is not that great. They have pointy shoes like Robert Smith. The holsters suck. I hope that their will be an orange shoulder pad variant.

23. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    yeah, the holsters do not hold the gun...i was disapointed with that.
    I wonder if they are even supposed to be holsters...if so, the designer failed with that one.

I picked up Chief Chirpa and C-3PO from the endor wave.

Opening the Ewok and Diety C3PO with throne made me feel like a kid again.
    i really liked how C3PO's knees bend and I found his leg (hip joint?)articulation better then i expected. he looks great in the chair on display

Cheif Chirpa looks wonderful. Standing on my shelf he is an excellent figure. A great size, great detail make this a wonderful figure.

i will make one complaint. because of his Ewok hood (which looks great)- you can not lift Chirpa's arms up in a "touchdown" arms/hands in the air pose. the vintage Chirpa had the same problem(i think).
    Now, Chirpa is the Cheif,and may not be in the heat of battle, but any other Ewoks Hasbro makes (and i hope they make more like this) should be given more arm (shoulder) freedom from the hood, to allow for attack poses (spear raised, bo and arrow, stick, knife rock throw, etc.) Also, id love to set up a group of Ewoks carrying C3PO, and if they are all like chirpa, its impossible with out removing the hood, or cutting it.

Hoodless, Chirpa has decent articulation for the tiny figure he is. But hopefully future ewok
    hoods will allow the arms better movement

24. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    For those curious, the Hunt For Grievous is back in stock at TRU http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2298497

Funny, the flat out cancelled my order for this two weeks ago claiming it was sold out. Guess it was too easy for them to keep my order open and just SHIP IT WHEN YOU RESTOCKED

25. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm gonna have to join the people criticizing the Jerjerrod figure, as not only does he have a bad pose (why are legs spread so far apart?), he's missing gloves! Eh, the second gripe isn't so bad considering 90% of his poses have his arms behind his back. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.