main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ Jerjerrod isn't the best likeness, but he makes a good generic Imperial officer I think... Maybe he's leader of the Dewback riding Sandtroopers with that pose :p.

Hi-res pics of the OT tins.

GH OT Tins

I know, the figures are recycled but these things are cooler than a glass of lemonade. :cool:

2. RockUlikeVader

RockUlikeVader Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    How dare you! Jerry is a MOFF. MOFF = no gloves (check your Tarkin). He does not need to get his hands dirty w/ ewok blood.

3. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/jc/icons/returnofthejedi/ROTJ-MoffJerjerrod-ask.gif]

What are those black things coming out of his sleeves?

4. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    i got my moff jerr yesterday.
    he is really angry with his Death Star Crew.

I think the angry face mold is actually of a scene we didnt see in the movies. The one where Moff Jerr tells his men, if we dont get back on schedule the emperors gonna sick Vader on my @$$

5. RockUlikeVader

Oct 23, 2005
    I picked up Vader's tie fighter this weekend at target. It's ok, I wish it had sound effects.

I'm just say'n, LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE TILL ......

Ewoks breed w/ wookies.

6. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Im still in search of a DS Gunner.
    Ive seen the Endor wave, but never the Gunner.

im also glad to see the Saga line continuing on, and really looking forward to the
    Kashyyyk Trooper, and sooner the Luke on Endor.

when is that wave (endor luke/vader/Reep/Pod Racers/Endor Soldier) due out. Oct?

7. RockUlikeVader

Oct 23, 2005
    Hey,
    That Death Star gunner is one of the best clone figures ever.
    I picked up a pair on e-bay, totally worth it.

Does anyone have those lightsabers w/ sound effects? (not the master replicas) They are $20 at target. They seem like they might be short?

8. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Hasbro has updates with blurbs and pictures of the next two waves Here

9. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Can't be too happy or unhappy with this news, more repacks and repaints with only 2 new figures. [face_plain]

Darth Maul Sith Training, Chewbacca w/ 3P0 and Kit Fisto all look like repacks. Maul and Chewie from the AOTC waves, and Kit from the Clone Wars wave. Cody looks just like the normal Cody, just now in the ultra cool holo plastic! Same with the Obi-Wan. Battledroids and 3 SA Clone repaints, granted Appo comes with the nifty shoulder pauldron! A repainted Scout Trooper, but will it be the one from the OTC Saga line or the Endor AT-AT with flip up visor? Looks like the OTC Saga line version to me. The Combat Engineer looks like he's a repainted Evolutions Clone, the arm band kind of gives that away. Repainted Astormechs, because the Entertainment Earth packs just didn't do it for all the droid lovers! Finally a new AOTC Padme, but does she look kind of,....I don't know,....Butch?! I hope this is a prelim design, because her head sculpt looks nothing like Padme, and she seems kind of "chunky"! Yarael Poof. Yeah, he's a winner, but at least it is a new Jedi Knight! :)

Looks like out of this group I'll be cherry picking the Clones and the Battledroids, because I'm a sucker for repaints and more troops is a good thing for me! I'll also get the Holo Cody, because it's Cody! I'll also get Yarael Poof to add to my Jedi's and Padme, but only if they fix her sculpt. right now she's too "Business Class"! :D

~DZ

10. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    It looks like the Endor/Episode I Wave is hitting stores!
    I cant wait to get my hands on a Luke w/ poncho.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Figures_Found_100018.asp

11. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Some stores anyway... The only thing I've found from the first Endor wave is a Jerjerrod. The pegs are utterly packed with other ROTS reissues. I don't think Target is distinguishing between the saga and the reissue lines.

12. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Yeah, the pegs are toppling over with Padme, 3PO and Chewie rereleases.

I finally saw all of the endor wave (1) in stores, and picked up another Death Star Gunner.

I also picked up the new Saga Tie fighter (with huge wings)
    i really liked this ship, and its very compact for storage.

The Tie -Pilot included, has knee joints and a swivel wrist on his right arm.
    is this an all new Tie Pilot????

13. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    He's the Saga one from 2004.

14. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    No, he's the TIE Pilot from the KB Toys exclusive TIE Fighter. This figure has never been released as a carded figure. It's basically the POTF2 figure with articulated knees.

There is a variation with this item... some people have found the POTF2 figure without the jointed knees, while others like Master_Jedi80 seem to be finding the articulated knee version.

15. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    It's basically the POTF2 figure with articulated knees.

Really? I didn't know that. The sculpt still holds up really well then. I was looking at one today at TRU and really wanted to get it, but I'll have to wait until next payday.:(

16. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    The POTF2 TIE Fighter Pilot is one of the absolute best POTF2 figures. The Saga version isn't even all that much different from him aside from better scale and more articulation.

17. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Well, those are pretty good improvements. You're a tough collector. :p

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    The POTF2 TIE Fighter Pilot is one of the absolute best POTF2 figures.

I agree. I remember being blown away by it back in '96 when I first got it. I haven't seen one in person for a few years, so I had forgotten how it looked. I'm going back for that TIE Fighter and the Dagobah X-Wing within the next week or so. Both are too cool to pass up, plus I need a TIE and an X-Wing anyways.

19. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    I've actually never gotten a TIE Fighter or X-Wing since I started collecting ten years ago last month. I think I should make up for that by getting the Dagobah X-Wing. ;) I've been wanting it since I first saw the pictures, but I just don't really have the space (or the money) at the moment. They'll probably carry it up through the holidays, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get one by then. I'd like to get that TIE also, but again, no space and not enough money.

20. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Heh, I knew I wasn't crazy.

I saw the SAGA one in one TRU last week, but did see the PotFII in a different TRU today. Weird. :p

21. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    Interesting. You are correct. [face_blush] While I haven't seen the item myself at TRU, I've heard of the two aforementioned versions appearing in this set... so if that is true, then that would mean there are three variations. I guess we'll wait and see, but until then, I stand corrected.

22. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Does anyone know of a list of which Saga figures have been released with both blue and red holographic mini-figs? I've seen a few characters with both, and I'm curious if all the figures that were originally released with the blue mini-figs were re-released with the red variety.

23. RockUlikeVader

Oct 23, 2005
    ok,
    I was at the toys r us in San Rafael, CA. They had the AT-AT walker w/ two clones for $89. Republic gun ship for $44 (w/ the cool shark teeth grafic from clone wars cartoon).

I feel this thread starting to heat up.

24. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I think the Carkoon was rereleased with red holograms, but that's all I've seen so far.

25. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    My TRU had only one last Endor AT-AT. I immediately swapped it up, along with the last of the Dagobah X-Wings. Friday was pay day, so yeah. LOL. I also found Wal Mart to FINALLY be in stock with the DVD three pack figures. I snatched up the last of the ESB pack and the ROTJ one. Since I didn't have any of the figures previously released for ROTJ. And four figures for ten straight bucks was GREAT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.