main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Lando was and still is a peg-warmer at the Glasgow Forbidden Planet, and even at their "reduced" price of £10, I still pass every time.

2. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Wow, I can still walk into any TRU or Kaybee within 100 miles of my house and scoop up armloads of Lando!

Haven't seen an R2 or Chewbacca in over a year though. Better hit ebay, or any local con with a dealer room!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I got an email from Tim_In_CT - he found one of the flame-in-front Bobas at a local Target and bought it for me. He's going back to look for more. Has anyone else found that variant?

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Variants!!!! I've only seen one Saga figure ever, let alone variants! :mad:

The life of a UK Collector! [face_laugh]

5. LukesDestiny

LukesDestiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I seen the Hoth wave at my local Wal-Mart on Sunday and picked up General Veers and Darth Vader (Egyptian posed). Veers came with a Darth Maul holo and Darth Vader came well, with himself as a holo.

They had about 2-3 of each but there were no Snowtroopers to be found.

6. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The very first Boba figures that I saw were the flame-in-front versions. I didn't pay it much attention at the time, but when I went back there I took a closer look. I've since seen a few of the (much better looking) flame-in-back versions at two different stores.

Still passing on this one. While it's certainly improved over the original release it's not "new" enough for me to justify picking up another Carkoon Fett. Particularly annoying is the jetpack...sure they replaced the original button with a better looking rocket...but it sticks up too far now and as a result looks almost as bad. I know I'm dreaming but I would've rather they removed the action feature entirely so that they could properly redo the rocket.

Speaking of variations, I spotted my first few Hoth Vaders last night...they were the "Egyptian" version. Passing on that one too...nothing new there.

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Got the At-at driver and r2. The driver looks really good. Good looking wave.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Variants? Blah! I don't need no stinkin' variants! Vader could be doing the crane kick for all I care I'm not buying two of him. I did buy the handstand luke variant, but that's about it.

Nothing but Carkoon as far as the eye can see. :(

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Nothing but Han Solo's and Princess Leia's in disguise as far as my Target goes for figures. Don't get me started on TRU.

10. Captain_Sarcasm

Captain_Sarcasm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2003
    Haven't seen the Hoth wave of Saga figures yet here in Iowa City. I had a heck of a time finding this first wave even, Boba Fett was the rare one here. I stopped collecting after the OTC was done with. Question: Are the only variants so far with this line the Vader and Fett?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen anything on Rebelscum so far about other variants.

12. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I personally would not consider this a variant, but some people might, so I thought I'd mention it: this mentions that Han Solo's pike has been found with the numbers 1-6 on it. I wonder if anybody is seriously going to try to get all six of those with all the mini holograms.

13. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Probably some gung-ho collector who thinks the 'exclusives' of the new Saga Collection are the best thing since the OT .

14. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Wow, went to Target today just too look around and there was only one Saga figure from the Hoth wave, and it was mostly a pegwarmer. I didn't get it, but was majorly disappointed with the lack of figs Target has now since the RotS lines.

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I hear ya'. My TRU still has two good sized areas set up for SW merchandise and it's all filled up with everything except action figures. They have nary a single action figure to be found, nor any empty pegs labeled as awaiting more. It's like they completely discontinued stocking them.

The Carkoon wave has been relatively easy to locate at Target, but I'm still waiting to see any of the Hoth figures.

16. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    All the TRU around me still have RotS on the pegs. No Saga figures yet. :( To me it always feels like they are the last to get any new stuff.

17. RockUlikeVader

RockUlikeVader Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    I'm Collecting in the SF bay area (east Bay)

Today I scored!!!!! El Cerrito Target.

Veers Rules! look at the helmet before you buy some of the ones I saw were warped (like some blasters and one out four clone feet)

Power Droid: very cool cept he can't stand on his own two feet!?! he has dumb walking action button but unless you put him on the stand he falls over. I'm gonna bind his feet!

Snowtrooper: very retro looking, not much articulation, cool removable backpack.

At-At Driver: Giant helmet head, kinda lame.

Hal-O-Grams: 2 Dook-i, one vader, one obi-won.

Bib 4-tuna hangs alone tonight!

18. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Dont worry mate we have still got the rots cards on the shelves aswell, we were promised the saga figures at the start of january and the final 12 rots figures at the end of january by hasbro uk but nothing at all has appeared anywhere.
    The final 12 can be bought online and at conventions from dealers but they are asking for more or less $18 for them.

19. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Is it just me or does anyone find it easier to complete figs from the Saga waves then it was to do so for say the RotS lines? I mean, to me it seems easier to get to these figs. I thought I would never see a Boba Fett, but I got one today.

20. Captain_Sarcasm

Captain_Sarcasm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2003
    Well when I got mine the other day Target had a couple of Boba Fett's, and I was half expecting not to ever find one let along 5 on a peg. I do have to agree with the assessment that the Saga line is going to be easier to get than the ROTS line, if only for the simple fact that the waves are smaller I think. I remember the ROTS line came out with a bunch all at once and there were only 6 figures in this first Saga wave. That's probably why it seems easier to collect them all, there's less to get, thus more for the shelf.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    So far it hasn't been easy for me. It took a while before I even saw a single figure from the Carkoon wave. I finally saw more than just Bib Fortuna two weeks ago, but they don't stick around long, except for him. Bib is a major pegwarmer so far. I haven't seen a Boba Fett at all, anywhere, and he's the one I wanted the most. As for the Hoth wave, I've only seen two figures, and that was General Veers and Major Derlin. I got Veers, but the ones I wanted the most from that wave are the snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver. By the way it's been going so far I don't expect to see them. I hope it gets better soon, but I don't think it will, especially with Cody and the Utapau trooper coming soon. ROTS was easier than Saga has been so far.

22. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    its been about the same for me.

23. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Well, went out today and the only new figure I saw anywhere was General Rieekan, who I passed on. I'm really close to just ordering what I need online from now on. I'm tired of wasting time and gas looking for these. I wish I could catch one of these damn scalpers around here in the act just once. The stores around here are plagued with them it seems.

24. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I've only seen a few of them here in San Diego, but I've also cut back on my "figure hunting" lately. Personally, I'm not impressed with what I've seen. Of course I haven't seen Boba, the one I really want...

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I actually came across the Hoth wave today at a Target. I was super surprised! I didn't buy them all because I just can't justify buying another R2 or Vader, but their packaging is nice. So I picked up Major Derlin, Veers and the power droid. I love Derlin's background so it'll be hard to take him out of his package.

I hope these start showing up in stores for everyone else who wants them. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.