main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I do not know of an official list, but I do know that wave 5 (Mos Eisley) was the first one to have the red holographic mini figures, and that all the waves after that also have had the red ones. Looking at all the revisions from that wave forward on Entertainment Earth, I made this list of figures that were released previously with blue holographic mini figures and therefore should be available with both. I could certainly have made some error in compiling this, but here it is anyway for what it's worth:

Snowtrooper
    Firespeeder Pilot
    Commander Cody

R2-D2
    Boba Fett*
    Anakin Skywalker*
    Utapau Clone Trooper
    General Grievous*
    Princess Leia
    Chewbacca
    AT-AT Driver
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Scorch
    Han Solo (Carbonite)*
    Power Droid*
    Sora Bulq*
    General Veers*

*Listed only as coming soon at Entertainment Earth (so I guess it's possible some color other than red will be available with them if Hasbro goes crazy and changes it again)

Figures I have seen with both blue and red mini holographic figures

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    One of the figures I found today with the red holo was the Episode III Heroes and Villians Yoda... which I had previously purchased with the blue holo.

3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    Oh, I don't know anything about the way in which the Episode III repacks (Heroes & Villains and Greatest Battles) have been shipped - I haven't been paying much attention to them or their case breakdowns. Sorry for not mentioning that previously.

4. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Crispy Owen and Beru confirmed!!!

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/kylehickman1/starwarsactionfigurero2.jpg]

[face_blush]

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'd buy 'em!

6. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
  7. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    anyone seeing the new Episode I or VI waves in stores.\
    i can wait to get my hands on the Endor Luke...

8. Darth_Nefar

Darth_Nefar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm in Forth Worth right now and I've been to a couple dozen stores all over this area. Two of them had remnants of the wave. I found the majority of it when I was traveling down here, but I've been here for a week and found next to nothing from that wave. I hope it starts to hit in mass soon because I'm tired of Greatest Battles.

I did also get the Kit Starfighter and the Snowspeeder. I had to use the DPCI numbers because none of the stores I've been to have put them out, but it worked out well. Both are quite nice, especially the Snowspeeder.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm not sure what the wave is called exactly, but what I've seen around here lately are Shocktroopers, Tank gunners & pregnant Padme's.

10. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    For me it's been nothing but Padme and C-3PO. The Episode III Heroes and Villians and Greatest Battles are really overloading things, especially at Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart I check most frequently also has around 10 pegs stuffed full of Vintage figures - and not for the clearance price some places have them at, either. I have read similar reports around the internet and I'm pretty concerned that the last few Saga waves (which actually have a good number of figures I want in them) will be very hard to get because of this.

11. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    ^^^^^ I hope that is not the case^^^^^

These last few waves of the Saga line look great.
    I hope they dont get the bum deal cause H&V and greatest hits lines are crowding the pegs

its the same for me here in nyc. Padme's, chewie's and c3po's everywhere.
    oh, and theres still a lot of holo Jedi Ki's/

i think the greatest hits and stuff is a good idea, but not at the expense of availability of new figures.

i think i read somewhere in the Q&A with hasbro that collecters can vote for the next wave of years Greatest hits figures-- that could be cool if true

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    That's why I went ahead and ordered a case from EE. Most of the stores here are overrun by GB. Target is doing better than Wal-Mart, but there's too many clones in the last wave for me to try and hunt them all down. With the case I ordered, I'll only need to track just one trooper.

13. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    Regarding the earlier conversation about figures with blue and red mini holographic figures, I want to add that I just got General Grievous (#30) from Amazon and he did in fact come with a red one (as well as the new insert showing figures from the Naboo/Endor 2 wave). I suppose he will start appearing in stores again sometime soon.

14. RockUlikeVader

RockUlikeVader Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    The Endor wave has been spotted by my brother Darth Chump in a Target store in SoCal!

Here in the East Bay (NorCal) I've seen the snow speeder, Kit fisto's ugly ass fighter, and some less than stellar battle packs featuring a craptastic looking Luke on Jabba's sail barge (or a small skiff , from Jabba's sail barge, witch actually belongs to his cousin, Pizza).

15. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    i have a funny confession.

This whole time i have been calling Rep Been (gungan in the Ep I wave)
    Rep (rhme with cheep) Been (rhymes with Bean)

I actually purchased him off of KB toys.com and was excited to open (Reap)

only to find his name on the included stand says: Representative Been

:oops:

I felt so dumb.

Further, Rep Been's articulation is seriously lacking. not that i need a super possable Gingan Dignitary but i tried to turn his head and it popped off...i didnt expect it and started mubling in gungan talk--yousa loosa yousa head sah

thats when i realized i needed to go to bed

16. RockUlikeVader

RockUlikeVader Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005

I found the new ROTJ emporer w/ force lightning at Wal-mart, It's ok but I passed.

[face_pumpkin]

17. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    New pictures of three of the figures (Padme, Holographic Obi-Wan, Yarael Poof) are up at Jedi Insider.

I can't say for sure, but Padme's head sort of looks different from the Arena Escape one from a few years ago. It may just be because of the angle of the picture. I would be surprised if they went out of their way to make any new stuff for this last set, unless maybe it will be in the Ilum Battle Pack coming out later. Yarael Poof has the concept Stormtrooper's lightsaber...maybe it's easier for him to grip that one than a normal one.

18. Darth_Kalious

Darth_Kalious Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Been a while since I posted, been busy with a lot of things, but wanted to let you all know that I was able to find the entire Endor and TPM waves at my local Walmart. I'd been looking for a long time because they had been there once before (about 1 1/2 months ago), but I couldn't get the complete waves...only part of each. I kept waiting and almost gave up, I thought Feebay was going to be my only option. Then, last week I went back into my local store, and they had multiples of every fig from both waves. I only bought one of each, but it felt good to be in the situation where I could be picky about to the packaging/paint. I guess I had to wait for them to finally sell down their enormous stock of Heroes and Villains.

19. Darth_Kalious

Darth_Kalious Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Hey, at least they painted her boots! Still bugs me about the sandtrooper.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I think it's a new head, or at least a different one. I'm pretty sure that's the old Padme "Droid factory chase" mold, but looking at pics of the older version her mouth is "open" where as she seems to have a closed mouth scowl here.

21. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    You've got all that exactly right as far as I can tell. I'm just not sure if it's the Arena Escape head or a totally new one. I don't remember there being dirt on her pants before either.

22. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Those look pretty good... Padme does look to have a modified head. It may be the arena escape head, perhaps with new paintwork, but I doubt it. Poof looks slick, I can't wait for him. I just don't know how I feel about him having that lightsaber... And holo Obi-Wan, well, nothing new there. Just another holo figure. :)

23. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    In these recent waves, what are hard to come by??? I go to a store and I buy what I want, but I'm not sure if I'm leaving something hard to find on the shelf. For a while it was the shocktrooper. Now there are millions of them everywhere. then it was the death star Gunner. they are all over as well.

24. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    rebelscum says that the newest wave is hitting shelves!!

Also, has anyone purchased the new Target Exclusive Shuttle?
    Im curious as to how well this is selling, and availability at targets.
    I was reading that targets only got one shipment of these ships? is this true?
    Do the shelves have these or did they sell out fast?

25. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I was at the Target in the Atlantic Terminal last Saturday and saw a ton of shuttles. I doubt they're all gone, as big items always sell slow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.