main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Saga Collection 2006 Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by skywalker_1982, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    do you really need both arms and legs?

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Im quite dissapointed with the new VOTC wave.

Han solo is ok, luke is ok, but the others have problems.

Greedo has the worst jacket ive seen, Didnt even need to be soft goods. Looks rubbish.
    Tusken will look brilliant OUT OF HIS CLOAK. Cloak looks like a duvet.

Scout trooper is the figure i was most looking forward too, but his shoulders let him down and he looks slightly too fat round the mid-section.

I would of rather had bossk in this line

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Maybe Hasbro decided to give the fat biker scout from RotJ a chance for figure-fandom ;).

EDIT: still have to get my gripy little hands on Lando, Chewie and R2 to complete the first twelve.

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I tend to agree with pretty much all your comments on the figures, but I'm not terribly disappointed because Han is the only one I really wanted anyway. I may get a Scout Trooper if it looks better in person.

5. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    may i ask what all the excitment over these is about, anyways?

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Beats me. The older figures look better than these new ones.

7. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I dunno. That Luke looks cool enough. But I never cared much for a Tusken Raider or Greedo. And I already have plenty of Biker Scouts. Vintage that is. Which means five, count 'em, FIVE p.o.a.!

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh]

9. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i was really hoping these photos were "prototypes" but i guess they aren't. hopefully they look better in person. it would be a shame to see the VOTC line go downhill.

10. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004

I haven't seen most of the old wave for a while in the Twin Cities, but over a year after they dabuted, our local TRU still has at least a dozen Landos on the pegs. The kicker is that they still want $10.00 for something that is obviously NOT selling. Wouldn't it be better to get $5 or $6 for some of these than $10 for none of them?

11. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    Gotta get them if you want the exclusive George Lucas as Stormtrooper figure...

12. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    [face_not_talking]

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    When do these start hitting shelves?

14. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    same time schedule as all the other hasbro stuff. throw a dart at the calendar and go to walmart.

15. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    Rebelscum has reported on what the Greatest Hits figures are going to be here. Pretty disappointing lineup.

16. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    So tell me then the greatest hits figures is it just going to be last years rots figures repackaged???I think they should just be called the greatest pegwarmer figures I could go up into town tomorrow morning and see like 10 vaders.

17. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    As I understand it, that's exactly right. And yes, I'm surprised they didn't include at least one or two figures that collectors in general had a hard time tracking down.

18. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Just a big decoy to sell old figures they should have used the final 12 rots figures as the greatest hits cause alot of people have had problems to get these, even us in the uk who have not seen them anywhere apart from online retailers.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Well, I gotta say that around here the Saga line is flying out of the stores. Carkoon & Hoth waves came and went in a blink. Not a single store I went to tonight had any left. At least I was able to get mine wjile the gettin' was good.

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    more wave 3 found in PA, thats not far away.....i dont want to go look!!!!! i dont want to spend the money, lol.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm dying to spend the money on these, but I can find the damn things. At least anybody other than Bib Fortuna.[face_plain]

Out of the Carkoon wave, I only wanted Boba Fett. I haven't seen him a single time. I ended up getting Han and Chewie from that wave just so I wouldn't have to leave empty handed every time. From the Hoth wave I wanted the Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, General Veers, and Vader. Out of those I only saw Veers once, so I grabbed him. Not a single sign of the others I want. From the Geonosis wave I want Scorch, the Utapau trooper, and maybe Jango, and I know I won't see a glimpse of them in stores. Scalpers are rampant around here it seems.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I put ROTJ in today and took a good look at the Biker scouts. They're defiantly the Linebackers of the Empire. In general they're bulkier than the regular troops, so I see what Hasbro was going for here. Plus, I think that once it's out of the bubble it won't look as big. All the black in his uniform along with the shadows inside the bubble probably makes him look a little bigger than he is.

I think Luke really looks great. Maybe the best Luke figure ever. The others are undone by their cloaks, vests, tunics etc.

23. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've been having a pretty rough time finding the Hoth figures. I went in to a Target yesterday and they had countless General Veers, Bren Derlins, and Riekaans. The only figure I've seen aside from those was the Power Droid, and only once. I'm glad I got it when I did. I just hope I'm able to find the others before it's too late.

24. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    you will. just buy a couple Bib's to hold you over...

25. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Most of the poeple they hired for biker scouts were lumberjacks from the area. No wonder they were bigger than the bunch of background actors that were hired for the stormtroopers in ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.