main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Scaled .45 replicas MR Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by theforce81, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theforce81

theforce81 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Since I am the owner of different scaled replicas and found it not too easy to get some answers from the official MR thread I decided to launch this thread!

Facts about scaled replicas:

- Normally not limited edition
    - 5% of the production run are the gold plated version (at random insterted, you won't know if you get the regular or the gold one). These versions have brought up around the $100-$150 at ebay already!
    - Size of these replicas is about 5,25" or 13cm. Some of the replicas, like the Sidious and Yoda saber, are significantly smaller than this.
    - These are exact replicas, but then at 45% of the LE versions
    - Want to see some pics?: Rebelscum
    - These sabers might get a reproduction run by MR and therefore may become less rare
    - Comes in a collectible quality presentation box with the prop story imprinted on the inside cover, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
    - Individual display stand made of black injection molded plastic with clear supports for the replica. The top of the matte textured base is accented with a gold Star Wars logo and the name of the character.

If there are any additions I will put them here!!

LAJ_FETT edit: Fixed link to rebelscum and fixed spelling

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After a bit of discussion Mike & I have decided that these warrant their own thread. I have changed the title slightly to make it official, and I will put a note in the main MR thread.

3. VaderRx

VaderRx Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    I'm quickly getting hooked on these. I joined the Collectors society a couple of days ago! So far I have:
    Sidious
    Obi-Wan EpIII
    Anakin EpIII
    Darth Maul Full Saber (coming in mail with kit)

4. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    I've started collecting these as well. I have the Best Buy EP3 Sidious and EP3 Kenobi. I also joined the collector's society, and I'm waiting for my kit. I've seen the ones from last year mainly on eBay. I need to pick some of them up though. You can also see pictures in the archive on the Star Wars Web Site. Did you guys take them out of the modeled plastic? If so, how did you do it? I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be cut out or not.

William

5. theforce81

May 5, 2004
    Well I took mine out of the plastic box, it was a bit of a hassle though. You would have to take the complete plastic inlay out and get rid of the tape. When this is done you can take it out and display it! I have done this with mine, Anakin EPIII and Sidious EPIII Gold edition. My Darth Vader EPIV is on it's way (bought it through ebay)!!

P.S.
    Thanks for making this an official, I for one needed a place to discuss these things.

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    SO the "Gold" Anikin is a "Chase"??
    The outside of the box has the Silver picture on it.
    Explane more please.

7. Addiction

Addiction Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah i just bought a chase ani for 90$ on ebay not a bad deal

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yep,it's a chase saber! I think only 5% of every mini-saber is a gold one,so you really lucked out there! :D

9. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm glad these have an official thread. I am collecting the gold chase versions. So far i have the obiwan ROTS and Anakin ROTS in gold...i eventually want all 12 (non variant) gold sabers!!!

10. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Are they most certain worth buying compared to the full blown ones? I'm debating getting a few of the small ones rather than just picking one of the large ones.

11. theforce81

May 5, 2004
    I think they are very worth it, this because within a few years they will probably out of production. This is when they are getting rare so it's value will go up. And this is only an argument on the money side!
    If you like them, like I do :D, they are worth it either way!

And indeed, the gold version is randomly inserted in the boxes. These cover 5% of the total production run and are the chase version. Some ppl don't like them. I didn't as well when I got one, but now I actualy think it is cool to have a very special collector's item!

12. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i have the best buy sids, vaders and preorder the black chrome anakin rots. i'll go back and buy the others after i buy some other stuff...:D

13. Addiction

Apr 15, 2005
    .45's are great:cool:

14. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    golds cost too much...

15. theforce81

May 5, 2004
    Well, you don't have to buy the gold ones ;)
    But if they were sold separately at the same number as the normal ones for 10 bucks more I don't think there would be so much ppl that would buy them. I don't like them that much, I like the normal editions better because of the more detail and one color is kinda dull I think.
    But because of the fact that they are very rare, I do like to own one. And I think that, that is exactly the purpose of these editions.
    It could also be an extra collecting drive, now you can chase these gold editions to collect them all!
    I still do see them as the one special collector's item in one's collection...

Just my ?0.02 :D

16. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I have Vader and Dooku. They both have excellent detail. I'm looking to buy the Jedi Luke, and maybe the Darth Maul if it ever gets marked down.

17. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Personally, I like them the way they are. No need for gold plated or anything.

I'm thinking of Darth Sidious' and Luke's ROTJ blade.

18. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    dont get me wrong, from a collecting view i'd love to add the gold ones, but paying 100+ on ebay isnt worth it.

19. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I've been pretty lucky so far...i've found a total of 5 gold one's so far. Never bought one off of ebay....but have sold 1 or 2 :) Fortunately for me, a few bookstores put them out on the floor without their shrink wrap.....i have been reaping the benefits

20. Darth_Fenix

Darth_Fenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I have the EPIII Anakin and I also got the Dark Chrome EPIII Anakin, I will also be getting the Collector's kit so I will also have the full Darth Maul. :D I have to say I really like the .45 so far, so I intend to get them all one of these days :D

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    FYI
    Target.com is selling .45 and full scale Sabers now.

22. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    they have been for a while. helmets too

23. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorry,I did not know that.

24. CGIStormtrooper

CGIStormtrooper Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    What stores carry the .45's? I saw them at Suncoast last year (picked up Obi-Wan AOTC), but haven't seen them lately. I want to go searching for them, but don't know where to look.

25. Addiction

Apr 15, 2005
    i seen the anakin's gold sell for over 400$ on ebay when anakins ROTS 1st came out.[face_money_eyes]

waitin on the yoda mini

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.