main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Scaled .45 replicas MR Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by theforce81, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORD_MONSTROSITY

LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 23, 2004
    This one kicks ass. I'm pretty sure it's based on the resin stunt prop from AOTC. It makes you wonder why they never made a full scale version of it. Personally, I like it better than the shiny one. As a matter of fact, that kit may be the next thing I buy.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/wood/9a_1.jpg]

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've been checking TM practically every day I go to work since there's one next door. I haven't gotten lucky yet. I was told by the manager there's a man who goes in every other day and if they have some he cleans them out. I was told this person has been cleaning out every other TM store in town as well, and there's like eight of them. :(

3. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Typical.[face_plain] I bet that's happening to the ones in my area. There's one even closer to me than I thought, so I'll still give them a check on Wednesday.

4. Oocleenee

Oocleenee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    haha that rules. i found three also. I got the Luke ESB, ESB vader and the ROTS Obi-wan all for 9.99 each.

i am very happy you scored those. I am glad i posted it now. I wish I could have gotten that ROTS vader saber you passed on.

5. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I went to Tuesday Morning today but got there too late, as they close at 7pm. I'm going there early tomorrow. Hopefully I get lucky and find some.[face_praying]

6. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    If I ever caught someone doing that, and I wanted to get one or some, I would say something to the guy, like "give me two of those, now....". If he refused, I'd wait outside the store beat the crap out of him with a lead pipe, then take what he had.

7. Oocleenee

Oocleenee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I would have bought more than one of each for sure. I have friends online who not mind having them. I resell at the price paid and do not scalp. We mostly use paypal and stuff. If someone sees something they know I want they buy it and then let me know so i can pay for it.

Scalpers suck.

8. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    Yeah that's nothing, but if the guy is cleaning out every store in town.... if I asked him politely, and he declined, I would actually wait for the guy, take what I want from him, and pay him what they're worth. It would be the easy way or the hard way. The hard way means I'd be slipping the money into his pocket while he was out.... ya know, do the honest thing.

EDIT : I'm sort of joking, by the way

That doesn't happen around where I am. There has only been one store that I've ever seen them at, and they had about 3 Mace Windu, one of them was gold, a few Sidious, and a few Darth Tyranus. This was just after Christmas at that. My brother and I couldn't believe the gold Mace was there, but we both passed on it. When I came to my senses, it was gone.

9. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    ok, how about some news of the next one to come out. any news out there???????????/

10. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I went to one of the 4 Tuesday Morning stores in my area. It was the only one with any in stock, an ANH Luke, ESB Vader, and ANH Vader. ONe of the Vader hilts is missing the stand, so they knocked off $3. These are my first scaled hilts, but won't be my last if TM keeps getting them in. The manager said to check every Tuesday morning :D to see what came in that week's shipment.

11. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I have been to all 5 in my area since hearing about this great buy. Found 3 at my first store and none since then. I only started collecting these since, as bob barker would say, the price was soooo right. I stopped at the two closest to me, the other three are a good hour away, and they had some MR narnia pack but no Star Wars. They said that they only got them in once and that they went fast, havent gotten in any since then. Oh yeh I live in Las Vegas if your looking for an area report.

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Anyone know if the .45 scales showing up at TMs include the ST blaster?

13. Lord_Doao

Lord_Doao Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2006
    Do you all know that there are around 48 different .45 Scaled Replica lightsabers? I started collecting these back in May. I thought there were only 12 or so. I was wrong. Then I went on a shopping spree. I have 32 now.

As for the Dooku and Tyranus saber, there is a big difference. The bend at the base for the Dooku, SW-307 is copper, while the bend at the base of Tyranus,SW-320, is chrome.

You can check out my collection and see the differences among most there at lightsabercollector.com

Lord Doao

14. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    with all the gold, dark chrome, bright chrome, and all the other exclusives......thats a lot. i'd never go out and buy all the golds.

they made gold variants of the dark chrome exclusives too?

15. Lord_Doao

Lord_Doao Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2006
    They made gold variants for all of the dark chrome, but I am not sure if they made one for the Obi_wan Celebration III. I was told they did, but have never seen one.

16. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    gold chase of the dark chrome is just stupid, imo. especially if you already had a gold regular one. that would probably just piss me off cause i'd want the dark chrome. oh well.

17. Lord_Doao

Lord_Doao Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2006
    Understandable.

I am collecting them to get all possible versions and variants. Hell, some of these scaled version are going for anywhere between $75-$200. Like the Obi-Wan EpII regular and gold start at a minimum of $60. Then there are the real rare ones, like the Obi-Wan Celebration III.

18. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    If I happen across one of the variants in my search for $10 sabers, I will likely buy it, but my main purpose in this is to just get one of each normal sabers.

19. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    well i've got 12 of the scaled now. i would like to finish up and get the rest of the regular releases, but GG keeps putting out great stuff. i'd order any new ones released though, to at least keep up with it,

i want a qui-gon!!! any word on it?

this is everything rebelscum has listed in their registry. i've still got a ways to go, lol.

SW-335 Anakin Skywalker - Attack of the Clones - Scaled Replica
    SW-335 Anakin Skywalker - Attack of the Clones - Gold Chase
    SW-310 Anakin Skywalker - Revenge of the Sith - Scaled Replica
    SW-310 Anakin Skywalker - Revenge of the Sith - Gold Chase
    SW-326 Anakin Skywalker - Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Star Wars Shop Exclusive Dark Chrome
    SW-326 Anakin Skywalker - Revenge of the Sith - 2005 Star Wars Shop Exclusive Gold Chase
    SW-307 Count Dooku - Attack of the Clones - Scaled Replica
    SW-307 Count Dooku - Attack of the Clones - Gold Chase
    SW-400 Darth Maul - The Phantom Menace - 2005 Collector's Society Edition
    SW-308 Darth Maul Battle Damaged - The Phantom Menace - Scaled Replica
    SW-308 Darth Maul Battle Damaged - The Phantom Menace - Gold Chase
    SW-315 Darth Sidious - Revenge of the Sith - Scaled Replica
    SW-315 Darth Sidious - Revenge of the Sith - Gold Chase
    SW-330 Darth Sidious - Revenge of the Sith - Chrome UK Exclusive
    SW-324 Darth Sidious - Revenge of the Sith - Best Buy Exclusive Dark Chrome
    SW-324 Darth Sidious - Revenge of the Sith - Best Buy Exclusive Gold Chase
    SW-320 Darth Tyranus - Revenge of the Sith - Scaled Replica
    SW-320 Darth Tyranus - Revenge of the Sith - Gold Chase
    SW-316 Darth Vader - Revenge of the Sith - Scaled Replica
    SW-316 Darth Vader - Revenge of the Sith - Gold Chase
    SW-306 Darth Vader - A New Hope - Scaled Replica
    SW-306 Darth Vader - A New Hope - Gold Chase
    SW-333 Darth Vader - The Empire Strikes Back - Scaled Replica
    SW-333 Darth Vader - The Empire Strikes Back - Gold Chase
    SW-341 Han Solo Blaster - The Empire Strikes Back - Scaled Replica
    SW-341 Han Solo Blaster - The Empire Strikes Back - Gold Chase
    SW-341 Han Solo Blaster - The Empire Strikes Back - Black Chrome SDCC 2006 Exclusive
    SW-341 Han Solo Blaster - The Empire Strikes Back - Black Chrome/Gold SDCC 2006 Exclusive Chase
    SW-325 Luke Skywalker - A New Hope - Scaled Replica
    SW-325 Luke Skywalker - A New Hope - Gold Chase
    SW-332 Luke Skywalker - The Empire Strikes Back - Scaled Replica
    SW-332 Luke Skywalker - The Empire Strikes Back - Gold Chase
    SW-300 Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi - Scaled Replica
    SW-300 Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi - Gold Chase
    SW-300 Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi - First Run (blue tray, matte finish box, large COA)
    SW-300 Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi - First Run (blue tray) Gold Chase
    SW-309 Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi - eBay Exclusive Chrome Edition
    SW-302 Mace Windu - Attack of the Clones - Scaled Replica
    SW-302 Mace Windu - Attack of the Clones - Gold Chase
    SW-401 Mace Windu - Attack of the Clones - 2006 Collectors Society Edition
    SW-301 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Attack of the Clones - Scaled Replica
    SW-301 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Attack of the Clones - Gold Chase
    SW-311 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith - Scaled Replica
    SW-311 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith - Gold Chase
    SW-323 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith - Celebration III Exclusive Dark Chrome
    SW-323 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith - Celebration III Exclusive Gold Chase
    SW-331 Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope - 2006 Re-Issue Weathered
    SW-303 Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope - As First Built By
    SW-331 Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope - 2006 Re-Issue Gold Chase
    SW-305 Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope - Weathered
    SW-304 Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope - Collectors Society Gold
    SW-336 Stormtrooper Blaster - A New Hope - Scaled Replica
    SW-336 Stormtrooper Blaster - A New Hope - Gold Chase
    SW-336 Stormtrooper Blaster - A New Hope - Black Chrome Chase
    SW-329 Yoda - Revenge of the Sith - Chrome U

20. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    SAA, thanks for the list.

I just started getting these. I have 3, but only want a total of 19 from that list. So, only 16 to go!

I hope my wife doesn't find out that I want that many of these things. Though, on my collecting priority list these come below Gentle Giant mini-busts.

21. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    Who's syked for the blasters!?

I am

The Boba Fett ROTJ. What more can I say?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/wood/blaster.gif]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/wood/tmp44dccf8b27355_BobaFettBlasterCli.gif]

I friggin love MR. I'm pretty new to these, I've got 4 sabers, but it's now my mission to collect any and every one I can get my hands on. I'm going to buy at least 2 a month.

EDIT : $45 for case and gun ain't bad, either.

22. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    Awesome... I found a place up here that has Vader ANH (Just ordered it, it'll be in on Saturday)

Anakin -ROTS

Obi - ROTS

And Yoda - ROTS

I know of another place that has Sidious -ROTS

All are $40, and that rocks because I can get these out of the way and not have to spend a fortune on them.

EDIT : And becasue who is shipping it does not specialize in these sorts of things, there IS a chance she could be gold. Slim, but there.

23. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    So I'm the only one into these now?

Man, my collection is gonna rock.

Vader coming tomorow.

My brother calls me yesterday from Alberta and tells me he scored me a Black Crome Anakin ROTS (as if he tells me) for Christmas. Probably becasue he knew I was going to buy it.

I'm going home right now to order a Collectors Society Kit with Matt Finish Mace Windu and if they'll let me use my membership immediately, I'll return the favor by getting us each a Black Chrome Solo.

If not, I'll get us each a BD Maul, give him that one on his birthday, then ewhen I get my membership, I'll get us each a BC Solo.

24. LORD_MONSTROSITY

Apr 23, 2004
    Well let's just call this LORD_MONSTROSITY's .45 Scaled Replica Thread

Got my Darth Vader and it was just as I thought. Darth Vader ANH pictured, Vader ROTS in reality. Not what I wanted, but very cool non-the-less.

CS on the way, along with Battle Damaged Darth Maul. Damn near have every prequel Sith down, but it's time for some OT stuff now.

25. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I love the .45 replicas as well. I only have two which were the EP.III Obi-Wan saber and Darth Maul's Lightsaber (2005 Collector Society Edition that I ordered from The Saber Vault).

I love the design and how they are a lot cheaper then the large scale ones. I find these easier to collect. I'm working on getting the Sith ones as well as Jedi. My next purchase is going to be Count Dooku's as I love his design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.