main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Scaled .45 replicas MR Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by theforce81, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Well I'm now up to six minis in my collection.

I have:
    TPM Darth Maul (Battle Damaged)
    AOTC Obi-Wan
    AOTC Count Dooku
    ROTS Anakin Skywalker
    ROTS Darth Sidious (Best Buy Dark Chrome)
    ANH Darth Vader

I think of all of them my favorite is the anakin one.

For Xmas I plan on asking for 2 of the 3 saber stands they just announced to hold them all, along with the membership kit with the full size darth maul.

I'm getting a bit frustrated though that they have so many "exclusive" sabers now. They have at least 3 dark chrome ones, gold versions of everyone, and a few other convention exclusive ones. The best buy exclusive that I have is the only exclusive I'll probaby ever get, as the others are too expensive to get second hand.

2. darthclueless

darthclueless Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know of an online store that has the Obi Wan Episode II .45 Lightsaber in stock? I gotta have one but they are really hard to find(or stupid expensive).

Thanks!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you checked some of the sites in our Online Resource thread at the top of the thread list?

4. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    starwarsshop says that the anakin black chromes are still shipping at the end of the month. finally.

5. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    c3 kenobi is starting to get hard to find i see.

6. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    finally got around to getting an obi ep3 for 23$ shipped on ebay.

7. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    .45 ep3 vader available at Master replicas

8. theforce81

theforce81 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Does anyone own the EP3 and EP4 Darth Vader Saber? I want to know which one you like better? If I see the EP3 saber I don't really dig it yet.....

9. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    i got both I like the ep3 better just cause it's new i guess, i really like the design.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I only have two. Dooku and Vader. Been thinking about getting a Yoda, or a TPM Obi-Wan.

11. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    Has anyone had any problems with their 0.45 anakin saber? Mine now has two small bits of paint that are chipped off of the big round bronze button on the underside. It's not real noticeable from a distance, and especially when it's on the stand, as it's on the underside, but it still bugs me a bit, but I don't really want to pay $35 to get a new one. And I don't know why or how they came off, I've been very good with it. I supose I can say it makes the saber look "used" then, like the maul one.

12. icqfreak

Mar 7, 1999
    Well I couldn't pass up the sale on the .45 lightsabers yesterday at the master replicas website. They had all the ep3 ones on sale for $25 instead of $35, so I picked up yoda, obi-wan, and vader.

13. DarthSidious13

DarthSidious13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    Why is the "Best Buy" Exclusive .45 replicas often chrome or, rarely, gold? I got one Sidious chrome replica, and then recently, I ordered the "full-colored", as I call it, version from eBay. I love the design for that lightsaber! Please reply to the question- it confuses me! :p

14. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    because it's a chrome BB exclusive.^

can't wait for anakin ep2.45(fav hilt)]

no qui-gon i guess.(this yr)

15. theforce81

theforce81 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    At first I didn't like the Luke EP VI saber, but now have the .45 and completely love it!!! Cool design and just to know that it is the first one built again after ROTS!!

And about the gold version, 5% of the complete first production run is randomly put in the box. So that means that if you would order yours from MR (thus no exclusives!) you have the chance of getting a gold version. So when you're talking about value, the gold one is the best!! But if you don't care about it, you will be better of with the full color version...

16. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hello. I have not posted in this thread before but I do like the scaled replicas. The only one I have so far is the Ep. IV Vader and I will eventually get the Ep. III Sids. The question I have is, I remember reading a story on tf.n a number of months ago about MR releasing a Force FX version of Darth Maul's saber. It looks cool because you could actually buy two and get a connector ring and lock the two sabers together so you can have a full size double bladed saber. Anyway, I'm getting off track. In the story they said MR would be releasing in 2006 a .45 scaled Stormtrooper blaster. They did not have a release date at the time. They did have some pictures and it looked awesome. Has anyone else heard about this, I really, really want this.

17. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    anakin ep2 and obi weathered are now in stock at MR.
    got my anakin ep2:cool:

18. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    MR .33 Stormtrooper Blaster

MR .33 ANH Han Solo Blaster

19. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005

Awesome, thanks Lord_Gita. Now I just need to find a release date...

20. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    What's the shipping on those? I want the Obi-Wan but I can't decide if $35 +s/h from MR is better than driving up the road and hoping Best Buy has them.

Are there any other options I could use to try to save a buck or two. Or ten.

21. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    6$ shipping. BB won't have these i don't think. thesabervault.com has em for 34$ including shipping but not in stock til next week.

I just ordered from MR cause i've been wanting the anakin ep2 for a while now and it's in stock now.

22. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Might go hit the sabervault, thanks. If I can save $6 but have to wait till he gets them so be it.

BB did have the Ep 4 Obi-Wan over Christmas. Do they only get certain ones?

23. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    sabervault has done me good might get the weathered from him.

24. NewWorldOrder

Jul 20, 2005
    my anakin ep2 order shipped from MR today:cool:

25. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i'm ordering from the sabervault.com as well. i can wait a little while for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.