main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO *Official "???" SCFF + RMFF Fan Film Thread*

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Built my belt today! Looks great! I got enough to do two and including the tools it cost $60. So, minus tools, it costs about $20 for each belt. I'll post pics in the next couple of days.

Thanks to JGoC for the referral to the leather shop. They had everything I needed in one place.

Thanks again to JGoC for info on cosutme fabrics. I will be using crinkle cotton(double layered) for my inner tunic and tabbards. For a change of texture I will be using raw silk (silk noil) for the outter tunic. Probably will use a heavy wool garberdene for the cloak. Now if I can just con her into sewing it all together for me... :D

Cousin is in town. He and his wife are both playing parts so we will do a couple of script readings (minus a lot of other players) and will bang some sticks around.

Na-gong is working on the production company logo and on modifying a tyderium shuttle model.

Moving along nicely!

Wanna hear something funny? I wear my lightsaber almost everywhere I go. I get a strange look now and then, but at work, they totally accept it now. Most people think it's cool, and it generates interest in the fan film! Even my wife doesn't think I'm so strange any more.

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    oldbenk31 - what's up on the sound front? I could use a sound for the creature near the end. Something other than the wiggly creature B-movie sound. (This is actually just a shameless post to see if anyone is still reading the CS forum!)

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
  4. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    sorry for the lateness, ive been getting ready to do a little rpg, daughters will keep you busy as well. What I need to do this is the size, magnitude, and type of beast sound you need.

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    belt's lookin pretty sweet jk!

6. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Jyro, Im at work looking through some sound clips and playing around with them. I can take normal animals sound (whale,elephant,etc.) mix them around and some of the sounds I could get would be perfect. Are you looking for a small beast, large, aggressive?Do you want a long or short clip? I can do different mixes with the same animal bases so it will sound like the same beast just reflect his mood or situation.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I'll PM you. I don't want to give everything away in the thread. But, I have given away this much: I actually have CREATURE in my fan film! How few have done creature effects! (Not a human in a mask either!) Should be fun. Not sure if it will be a puppet or animatronic or stop motion. Maybe even 3D. Not sure yet.
    Are you curious? Good.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ooo... that belt's looking good :) And isn't that leather shop awesome? The guy there is really cool.

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah, he didn't even look at me funny when I showed him what I was making!

10. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    If you need fight choreography I can help you out....still need to get aclimated to the altitude and get back in shape...but that doesn't mean I can't show someone else how to do moves.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Been a while since I did anything here...

Finished my robe and it looks pretty nice. You can check out the RMFF gallery of StarFest and see a pic in or two in there.

I finished stage one of my dolly construction. The base and handle and one section of track are completed. I need to play with it a while before seeing if I need to do a stage two. I think I will build a camera platform though. It will give me more room on the platform and will provide more stability for the camera.

I'll post some shots as soon as I am done landscaping my yard. Give me a year :(

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Jyro - If you need some make-up help I will be glad to lend a hand.

Also, why don't you give us an idea of what you need for props and costumes? If you have some kind of a wish list, there might be some people who will be willing to help you out. Need more than "Props" or "Costumes" listed for us to know what's really up :)

13. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Zoo, just was thinking of this myself. So, here goes:

Players: (I've marked Male or Female)
    Jedi Master Kin (M or F)
    Jedi Master Phi-Mol Buco (Loni Hull, Oregon)
    Padawan Jyro Kyrn (Me)

Vizier Andro Pi (M or F)
    Construction Head (M)
    Guard (optional) (M or F)
    Victim (M)
    Aide(F optional)

Ki-al Neeri (Sarah Hull, Oregon)

Thugs:
    Tar Gundo (Thug Leader, M - Must be a top notch actor - tough monologue at end of film!)
    Wix (Main Thug, M or F)
    Zal (M or F)
    Kig (M or F optional)
    Maro (M)
    A couple of other various thugs... (M or F or Alien)

Props:
    (WARNING - SPOILERS)
    Assorted Blasters for Thugs
    Armband with buttons for Wix
    Ship wreckage including broken pipe with ice. (This might be a set instead of a prop?)
    Sampling tool for taking water sample (should have removable part that plugs into the dash of the Shuttle set)
    Data pad
    Device on water pipe
    Concussion Grenade
    Maro?s keycard and symbol pin (symbol is as yet undesigned)

Sets: (Digital sets are all or mostly blue-screened, gonna need some big screens)
    (WARNING - SPOILERS)
    Rothana Ship Yards (Digital) with Republic Assault Vessel in foreground.
    Shuttle cockpit (mostly digital)
    Shuttle cargo bay with exit door (interior and exterior around the door, rest is digital)
    Rothana conference room.
    Andro Pi?s office with desk. (mostly digital - I have the chairs that need re-upholstered, need desk)
    Reclamation yard (Digital).
    Underground area with pipes.
    Alleyway (Probably will be digital)
    High Vantage Point building top(Mostly Digital)
    Speeder (probably will be completely built out)

I'm re-writing the ending actions to fit a new location and don't really know how it will work yet:
    Thug landing pad & thug ship (digital)
    Entire thug hideout (digital)

Crew:
    Cory volunteered for something, not sure what though...
    AD:
    Audio: OldBenK31 (Will you be doing the boom mic too?)
    Camera:
    Dolly/Grip:
    Kraft:
    Makeup: Zoo
    Lighting:
    Props/Costuming:
    Various other help will be needed in setup/teardown, stagehands, etc...

My cousin and his wife and I will shoot absolutely everything we can with only us in it during the week. We will save the weekends for you folks who can't make it mid week. I personally will probably take two weeks off work to accomplish the whole project. We will have 3 weekends MAX to get it "in the can." It will be tough for my cousin to stay that long as it is. We will push for evening shooting as much as possible to accomodate schedules mid-week.

Whew, that's a lot.
    My cousin and his wife are taking care of their own props as part of their costumes.

I could use a lot of help here. I've made the script MUCH better over the last few days. It flows better and the character development is better. I've also eliminated a physical set or two that would have been difficult to build.

Anyone wishing to help can PM me and I'll email the script to you. The end isn't perfect yet, but it's close...

Thanks in advance to anyone helping out!

14. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll have to reread the new version of hte script, but if you want someone who can act for Tar Gundo, I'll take that if you want. I daresay I'm the best free actor you'll find ;)

edit: oh yeah, and email me the new script when you get a chance!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    If you want help with the script send it to Zoo. She's tops when it comes to editing stuff like that :D

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    JD,
    Script sent.

Zoo, once I have figured out my logistical technicalities in Act III I'll send you the script for your reading pleasure.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have something that you can use as a datapad... Or you can use a Palm Pilot.

Water Sampling Kit? - Hit your local pool supply shop. And just figure out a way to space it up and attach it.

EDIT: Yes, editor I am, but be prepared. For nothing is sacred to the editor, only the writer. I also won't get ticked off you don't like my suggestions, since it's not my stuff. I ust know that sometimes you need a detached perspective to see when something you are trying to say is not getting through. :D

18. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Zoo,
    I want the datapad to be more sleek than a PDA. I'd love to see what you have. I would like something more like a Star Trek data pad. Sleek and flat. Or, like the hologram projector that Qui used to show Watto the ship. But I've got enough CG work right now to choke a horse, so I might just stick with the practical.

As for the water tester I want it to be more like Qui-Gon's blood tester that he put into his comlink. I'm thinking I might get one of those really bright LED lights and make a port for it to fit into some simple tube or something.

I'm really creative about stuff like that, but need TIME to get it all done!

Once I've got the script finished (like it's ever done) I'll get at some more of the props designs. Maybe I will post prop drawings on my web site and others will sign up to produce them?? Give me a couple weeks to get around to it though.

Wow, having others involved is getting me jazzed up! See Jared Run!

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Take a look at the m505 PAlm Pilots... Pretty sleek and a color screen. That's what I have, and it looks pretty cool ;)

20. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    True, those do look nice. If we just taped a small cover over the buttons and maybe a little box to the back top it could pass for something out of this world! You might play with the idea and send me a pic?

When you get a chance. No rush. Got a year or so.

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well in a year I'll have some acting lessons under my belt and I may be able to pull off a decent thug :D I've had martial arts training which might come in handy. And I could probably provide my own costume. :D

However that's only if you want me to.

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, that depends. What are you gonna do with that lightsaber and that sheep???!!!
    :eek:

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    No, the question is what is VADER going to do with the lightsaber and sheep...

Poor sheep :(

24. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    JGoC,
    In fact, if you could design the general appearance of the thugs' costumes that would be great. I want them all to be dressed similar, but not exactly the same. That way the viewer will be able to identify them as thugs right away.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    No prob. I'll whip up some generic thugs for you :) These are grungy-backalley thugs right? Or are they military washouts or something like that? What planet are they from? And what do their finances look like?

Ok, I think that is enough information I'll need to draw up their wardrobe. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.