main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO *Official "???" SCFF + RMFF Fan Film Thread*

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, so Darth Real Life just gave me a kick in the pants... Maybe tomorrow :p [face_blush]

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Ooooooooooooo! The anticipation is just killing me! :(

Sorry to hear that Darth is giving you trouble again. I'll sick Yoda on 'im for ya!

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay... You and I need to discuss effective dialogue and what a human being can say without sounding like a goofball... George! :p ;)

4. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    WOW! That is ruthless. What sounds good in your head as you write often doesn't sound so good when real people say it. I'm looking forward to your input!

No. Really. I mean it! I can take it!

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I understand you want it too feel like a George project... It's just my biggest pet peeve... Dialogue that kills your actors ;)

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay.... The bleeding on the script has been completed... For this go 'round ;) :[

Really, it was actually a very good script, and it just needed some real world dialogue fixes... Overall I say you've done a great job!

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Thanks for your help. That took about two hours of your time, so I appreciate the sacrifice. The bleeding wasn't too bad and I think the script will be a lot more solid because of it.

Thanks again!

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    /a periscope comes out from around a corner/ So, is it safe to come back in here yet? :) ;)

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Zoo, you are always welcome. It didn't hurt that bad. Really. :D

It will take me a while to see if it is even possible to re-work the ending as you suggested, but I am thinking about it.

I'll email it to everyone once I'm done with [this version of the] edits.

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Ordered my boots. Obi replicas.

Ordered two graphite rods from the same company that made the rods for EP III. They ran about $50 U.S. They run $17.50 each but shipping was pretty heavy from New Zealand. They will probably average out about $20 each when ordered in qty's of 20+. I only ordered two to try them out and see how they hold up. If they hold up considerably better than dowels then I will try to round up enough people who want to order em and get a big order put together.

Thought of changing the name from Padawan Trial to ... I'm not sure. If you've read the script, do you have any title suggestions?

Thanks!

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
  12. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Anyone made a good padawan braid in the past?

13. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    the costume is lookin SWEET!

I think Sarah knows how to make a Padawan Braid.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Get me the hair... It's the only kind I CAN make :p ;) [face_blush]

15. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    okay, so where do I get hair? I assume it is best to get human hair rather than fake hair?

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    WEBSITE DEBUT!

It isn't much... Yet. But it will be. This will also be the site where you will go to watch the webcam of this month's meeting!

Five Dice Productions

17. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    are we planning on having a meeting every month then?

18. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Leif, try to keep this stuff in the meeting thread. But we'll see what happens.

19. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
  20. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Got my Carbon Fiber lightsaber rods yesterday. They are lighter than wood, but I haven't compared them in combat yet. We'll do that on Saturday. They look cool though!

Was working on my pants for my costume yesterday and managed to sew two full length outside leg seams with the fabric facing the wrong direction! Took an hour to get the seams ripped and get them pinned and re-sewn! AIGH! Like I don't have enought to do without problems like that.

Web site has lots of new content. Photos, downloads, etc... Check it out and let me know what you think.

21. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Put the Five Dice Productions logo up on the Official Web Site.

Got the first pair of pants finished. They didn't turn out so great. I'll have to try them on with the costume to see how they really look. If I don't like them I may see if JGoC will sew up a pair for me if I send her the fabric. Mine just don't seem to fit right. Of course, I can't sew straight either! :p

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Tested the carbon fiber blades out today. They are MUCH better than wood. They are about the same weight as wood. But they are more solid in the impact. The blades don't vibrate as much in the hilts. We went at it pretty hard and they didn't even dent.

I'm sure we will be buying more of these. I figure that I will want to have four more sets (8) for filming. The supplier would like us to order in batches of 20, so I'll need to find a few more people that would like to order. They will work out to around $20 each with shipping from New Zealand.

I got hit once on the hand and it didn't feel any different than wood in that respect.

23. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    these blades are outstanding, we shouldn't really have any problem getting enough people to get the $20ea.

little birdie told me that some of the MN folks might be interested...

24. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Ordered a wood surveyors tripod today that I can use for the crane. $110. Ouch, but still a good deal. Strong enough to put up with the stresses we will put upon it. Probably cost me another $50-100 to build the crane on top of it.

If you have some scrap plywood, money, a lazy susan, money, pulleys, money, or 1" x 1.5" aluminim poles you would like to donate...

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have a pretty sturdy tripod.... Are you sure regular ones won't work?

And yes, I was informed if you were going to do a big order, to keep the MNFF people on your Radar... You'll soon get to know Dougie Doright as well. [face_devil] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.