main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary *OFFICIAL* Senator Theatre - Midnight Screening

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harth_Cabal

Harth_Cabal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Not sure if it's a result of similar twisted minds or if someone at the Senator saw this on my Line photos page, but their latest newsletter included [most of] my EpIII slogan, "When the Sith hits the fans".

It's always nice to start the workday with a laugh. :D

One of those first in line, Kris, has some very cool photos (especially check out the enhanced saber pics) on his site.

2. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    Guess I'm the only one who hasn't left for the Senator Seat Line?...

If anyone was wondering about what kind of print the Senator is showing & the owner's take on digital projection, here's what the owner posted on the Senator boards:
    ==========================================

Tom Kiefaber here. This time around in our opinion the state-of-the-art presentation of EP III on a 40' screen will once again be on film.

The 2K digital projection doesn't really hold up when the image is enlarged to the degree that it is on our 40' screen and the new Sony 4K digital projectors didn't get out of the gate in time.

As a result, we are sticking with the best resolution and color format yet available for our size screen which is projected film. We will be utilizing a "special select" 35MM film print on the latest Kodak Vision Premiere stock accompanied by Dolby Digital sound, which [at The Senator] includes Dolby's multi-channel Surround EX technology. "Dolby EX" decodes a middle channel on the back wall which can really enhance effects.

With our sound system having been recently checked out and tweaked and with our 8 18" subs doing what they do it should be an optimal and dynamic presentation of EP III at The Senator Theatre.

See you at the movies!

Regards, TK

3. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I'm seeing ROTS for the first time tonight (Sunday) at the Senator, and I feel sooooo late to the party.

Funny, considering the movie's only been out 4 days.

4. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    Raw copies of my "12:01 Line" pics are up, if anyone is interested.

I tried to get everyone who was in line Wed. evening, so if you were there, chances are you're in these photos somewhere.

Got some decent shots of the 501st guys & of course the Imperial Limo arrival.

I had the duty of treasurer (aka Sith Line Monkey) for awhile when collections were being solicited for Kiefaber's appreciation gift.

Also check out Ken Harris' pics. He's got some great shots (link on my page).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.