main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, that would definitely be a sight to behold. :cool:

2. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I agree, Thrawn looks so artistically done like a cheap costume. Of course, if I were against retro/cheap costumes, I'd be against Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Star Trek. Also, I disagree that there should be shoe-horned EU references for the sake of having them. They really do have to be cleverly woven into the story, and even then used very sparingly and vaguely instead of EU Tourettes.

Big Bad Yoda Daddy likes this.
  3. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    References can be just references and I don't really see particular harm in that. It happens in movies all the time, specially nerdy flicks like this. It's part of the fun. To have everything uttered and featured in the movie to be a carefully crafted plot line seems like overkill.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Moldy Crow, Aayla Secura, Master Vos, Boz Piety, and the Outrider agree with Ganger.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Moldy Crow? Where is that in the movies?

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Do you have a source for this / how did you acquire this information / why is this only your 2nd post when your 1st post was asking fans to buy lots of EU stuff / what's been swell / where are you going / are you gonna be okay / should you bring a jacket / can I come too?

eht13 likes this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, that's great!

8. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I was surprised by this too. It's supposed to be in A New Hope Special Edition in the shot where Luke sells his landspeeder. Couldn't find a pic online.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Huh. I'll have to go back and look. So...Kyle and Jan were on Tatooine at the same time as Luke and Ben and Han at the same time as Dash? Pretty big coincidence...

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

This sounds suspiciously like a case of trying to squeeze the EU in 'after the fact' - seeing a random character in the back ground, and all at once it has a backstory that rivals the Skywalkers...

Really, I'm surprised that someone (and perhaps I should put this in crazy theories instead) hasn't suggested that Thrawn isn't the Emperor's engineered love child of Sola Naberrie and Cad Bane...

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe people are thinking of Dash Rendar's Outrider- the ship that looks like a small Falcon without the two prow prongs- which is seen taking off in the ANH Special Edition.

EDIT: sorry- looks like that's already been mentioned.

12. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999

Yeah and if you take an hour long landspeeder ride through the desert you can go to the house where Darth Vader built C-3PO! Or if you want to go outside of outer rim, take a trip to the Kashyyk, home of the wookies and you can stand where the mighty Chewbacca served as bodyguard for jedi master Yoda!

:rolleyes:

Jedi Merkurian and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Don't forget, Dash left... his sensors on the Outrider probably alerted him to the fact that Luke & Ben were heading into the city, so he said "Crap! This is supposed to be a backwater planet! Too many major characters in one spot! I'd better skedaddle."

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Skedaddle is an awesome word. I'm gonna use that more often.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I prefer to think that, as an obvious temporary substitute for Han, Dash cannot actually exist in the same place with him at the same time. 'Cos of quantum.

Jedi Merkurian and Ganger like this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Could it be argued that they still are human......just not your typical homosapien (perhaps a subspecies?)? Whether or not they have truly separated from mankind into a separate species would depend on whether or not they can reproduce fertile offspring with normal humans.

17. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I think that's the gist, yeah...

...in any case, the Chiss are hardly unique as being "humans but with different colors". The PT gave us plenty of "not-quite-humans", too... Kiffar like Quinlan Vos, Mirialans like Luminara Unuli & Barriss Offee, Pantorans like Baron Papanoida (and, in TCW, Senator Chuchi)--oh look, they're blue-skinned humans. Like the Chiss, just without the glowing eyes and a preference for yellow paint on their faces.

Circular Logic likes this.
  18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I think that Rebels will serve as a means to shoehorn in some EU charcters like Thrawn or Xizor, maybe even Starkiller. Who knows, maybe we will get another animated series at a later point that bridges the 30 years between VI and VII...

19. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    Dash is Corran. It all makes sense now.

20. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    There's been some posting about Mara Jade appearing in the ST. If she does appear, my vote's for...

Gates McFadden. She's only a few years older than Mark. And, to be honest, I'd never have known. [face_whistling]

[​IMG]

21. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    a question please, ive only ever flicked through one EU novel, Darth Plagueis, where does the EU have Han/Leia/Luke living? Wondering if it would have any bearing on ST

22. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    it wouldn't matter, the ST, is ignoring their books

23. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    They have once again never said that. Stop making such bold claims.

Not adapting != Ignoring

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Adapting implies they would adapt characters from the post ROTJ EU like Ben Skywalker and Han's surviving kid and grandkid and pretty much everything implies there is no adaptation happening.

25. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    if they were not ignoring the books it would make much more sense to say so, since the EU is already out there to sell.
    Why not put a kind of 'Leading up to Episode VII' sticker on Crucible?
    They have not in any way tried to market the EU as being backstory to the new films. Why not, if they are?
    Everything they have said about the EU in regards to the new films is downplaying it's importance. Not necessarily trashing it.
    But absolutely downplaying it. They're not telling anyone to go out and buy books. Why not, If they matter?
    Sometimes silence tells a story too, when you read between the lines.

kubricklynch and Jedi Comedian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.