main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    the filibuster was so goofy.

2. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I am Iron Man. :D

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Boy, when a thread runs out of things to discuss around here, it really runs out of things to discuss.

4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
  5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Look, Jania Solo avatar! Those are going to become a rarity now, right? Like Pokemon cards?

fistofan1 and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A new Civil War is dawning. Between EU gushers and haters. Which side will you choose?

BigAl6ft6 and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Remember Jaina? She's back. In pog form.

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I see old universe comic character avatars all the time on comic related forums even though there is new universes where they longer exsist or no longer even closely resemble what they once did, in fact its often used as a statement of how long they've been a fan and/or how knowledgeable they are of the history of the comics. So I see no reason why Star Wars EU avatars would go away if the EU did or altered the EU characters looks. Fact is someone out there will be a fan or just appricate good artwork.

Look at Artoo-Dion's avatar... its of the first Starbuck from the old Battlestar Galatica, even though after the remake Starbuck became a chick and most prefer her over him. However opinions on characters is subjective, just like avatar choices we make.

I get that you where joking... but imho attacking someones avatar is going a little far for a joke.

BigAl6ft6 and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    John Carpenter filmed a remake of Village of the Damned for people who like that newfangled color stuff in their cinema experience, but I keep on chuggin' along with the original as my avatar.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But Chris Reeve was in the remake!

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    YOU TRADED AWAY JAINA SOLO FOR THE EP 7 SOLO KID?!

Sorry if you or themetresgained thought it twas an attack just trying to make with the jokety laugh joke. However, EU character pics will still be around, it won't be as prevalent come Ep. 7. So they are going to be rarities which does increase their value. So it's like a compliment for the leetness! Really!

13. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    My signature must be gibberish then, too ;)

14. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Well their is a Vong in Maul Lockdown, Maul kills him, and rips the head off the Amphistaff, so I guess the guys at Lucasbooks want them weaker now.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep thinking it's saying Dovah-kine.

16. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Urgh I think there was literally no need to expand on the Vong beyond Rogue Planet and the NJO. This whole 'there were Vong scouts so let's have everyone and their mother run into one' thing is silly.

Volderon and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I see "Do the Rick Vong Pirate" which sounds like a killer dance move popular in the Courscant lower levels.

18. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Maybe in the Star Wars universe you get Do-Ro'ikRolled?

19. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'm sure Abrams doesn't give a hoot about being consistent with EU at all. All he wants to do is create a story that fans will love. If the EU has ideas that fit, he might use some, but I really don't think he cares about the EU. Why would he? What would he gain by using EU material? It's simply going to be about making a great new story.

The Post ROTJ EU has been interesting and has been there to sort of tide us over, but personally I can't wait until it's all in the trash and the new trilogy replaces it.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Now I want to know who this Rick Vong Pirate is and if he is some mod favorite?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Well it just depends from a certain point of view, there were some good novels and there were just stinkers. it all depends on where they set Episode VII in the timeline.

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-vii-lead-roles-revealed-140400036.html Heres the casting call for Star wars episode 7, And It looks like episode 7 is going to be about new charcters even thou the orignal actors are expected to return as we are getting new charcters of groups of new heros not related to the eu.

My guess is its going to be a spin-around just like the clone wars tv show and the upcoming rebels or the new children could be the new skywalker kids not related to jacen and jaina.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What's a spin-around?

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Meaning a spin-off which the clone wars was and rebels is going to be? It might have alittle bits of the Expanded universe but at the same time the Sequel trilogy wont translate the novels into movies. Since these are new charcters that may not be skywalkers this could be a new stories of a group of new heros, even thou the actors from the classic trilogy are likley to come back.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.