main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I really hope that there will be some material leading up to EpVII.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I hope they follow the tradition of a lead-in novel.

3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Disney confirmed 30 years after EP VI so 34 ABY if it were 30 ABY then Luke Skywalker would be only 49 & as good as Mark Hamill looks at the moment I don't think he could pass for a 49 yo .........

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Its not the years, its the mileage. :p

lbr789 and DarthBreezy like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You can still share the adventure in so called "Old EU places" which will be born soon on the internets for all those who loved the old EU. As long as the fans of the old EU exist and care about it, why should discussion about it die? I think it is overly pessimistic to assume that just because this chapter was officially closed nobody will care about the old EU characters anymore.

Dark Lady Mara and DarthBreezy like this.
  6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

I never agreed with Chewy dying anyway.

Teniel Djo likes this.
  7. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Do you remember the Prequel Comics from Dark Horse? eg: Anakin and the Boonta Eve classic. Happy days!

8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    You mean the usual timeline present on every EU book? As far as I know, Lockdown includes the same EU timeline at the front pages. It includes everything until Crucible.

Fastback likes this.
  9. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    What if Chewie dies in the ST? :p Some of the original characters (apart from R2 and 3PO IMO) are bound to disappear for dramatic purposes as the saga continues...[face_nail_biting]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How worried should we be that everyone is going to rip on Abrams if Chewie does die in the ST?

They better make it memorable. Vector Prime was memorable. If anyone complains, you have no right to complain.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think the biggest problem is that most casual fans wouldn't agree with it either. Chewie is almost certainly going to make an appearance if the big three do.

12. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    Chewy is just too iconic he will be in the ST. As for him dying in the film, I don't see it. The only Death if there is one to the Big 3 might be Luke for an Obi/Qui Gon type Master dying to drive the young new jedi on his journey situation. But something is telling me none of the main stars will die, I think they want them all to go off in the sunset heroes.

Teniel Djo likes this.
  13. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    [quote="Darth_Pevra, post: 51424623, member: 1334274\You can still share the adventure in so called "Old EU places" which will be born soon on the internets for all those who loved the old EU. As long as the fans of the old EU exist and care about it, why should discussion about it die? I think it is overly pessimistic to assume that just because this chapter was officially closed nobody will care about the old EU characters anymore.[/quote]

What chapter was officially closed? I don't think any of us can say for sure 100% that JJ will not use all PT,OT, TCW and EU and continue from there. The EU has a time line that includes all EU along with PT,OT. So why can't JJ start after "Crucible" a continuation of a all new story line that may address some things that happen the last 30yrs since ROTJ. I say why can't those who hate EU just keep going on with out reading any of it and hope VII is great and be happy from there.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Not 100% certainty, no. Probably about 99.99%.

15. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012

The general audience would not accept Chewy being dead, I agree. I don't see how you can introduce Leia and Han marriage and family and Chewy not be involved, it makes no sense. Him and Han are basically brothers. I want the solo kids interacting with Chewy.

16. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Episode seven is 34 ABY, Crucible is 45 ABY

17. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    Ok a little off than if VII is about 34 years after than here are a couple of possiblities for the next saga liked or not if they follow EU.

3536 ABY – The Dark Nest Crisis. or a few years later. 40 ABYSecond Galactic Civil War and I believe the Vong crisis is before Dark nest and I don't think any of us want that, EU lovers or not.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Excuse me, yes we do want the NJO. DNT/LOTF/FOTJ not so much.

Revanfan1 and Ryus like this.
  19. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    The way I see it, there would be no point in adapting existing EU material as part of the overall saga and still call it Episode VII. If they were going to use an existing story, they would have announced it already. It's not going to happen.

Eternal_Jedi and Lurknomore like this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    There are obvious signs that they could have showed us that would suggest the ST would respect the EU. Tweets from Hidalgo and Chee could have said that the saga time line has always aimed to be cohesive and avoid reboots, not making enphasis on the fact that the the canon will put everything going FORWARD at the same level, etc. Plus, they could have set the movie in the 45 ABY, which I think would have reflected better the current ages of the big 3.

I wouldn´t mind if they have followed the EU, but let´s be realistic, there have been no hints that lead us to believe they will.

Lurknomore likes this.
  21. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    I don't think they would let us know story no matter if adapted from EU or not. JJ and writers I'm sure will use all at there disposal including EU and write a script they deem fit. So EU lovers and EU haters can only speculate opinions not facts till story is revealed.

22. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012

I read all of the EU novels up until that point, whereupon I never read another word.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    Why do we need to get so upset that Chewy is dead. I don't like it and I grew up with OT but like Lucas said StarWars is like a mythology story and in mythology heros die too. I just think if they keep to EU timeline and everything that happen prior to 30-34yrs ABY, than we have to accept that alot has happen good or bad. We will have the big 3 and hopefully JJ does a great job introducing the new heros who will take over and carry on the magic. We may also see Lowbaca who is related to Chewy and he has the force and that would be cool to see a lightsaber wielding wookie.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Peter's in the ST, all his tweets have indicated that Plus he cancelled a May Convention appearance due to filming.
    His being there takes out Vector Prime, and every story going forward that had him dead.

Darth_Pevra and Ryus like this.
  25. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    He maybe in it but you and I don't know what extent of his role will be as chewy. He maybe only in a flashback scence showing him sacrifice himself to save the solo kids and that was part of his deal with Han a life debt till death. So everything we say is an opinion, speculation not fact but I do respect your opinion and you could be right and I will be happy if Chewy is back even as a EU reading lover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.