main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    There's a thread for that around here somewhere, Alex. :) If they go with that, though, I hope Disney's next princess doesn't go the way of Jake Lloyd. I would prefer a preteen heroine for Ep7, and keeping the same actress for the role for 8-9. Make Ben and Jaina a bit older, ala Qui-gon and Obi-wan in TPM...Luke in Yoda's position, etc.

And don't forget her pet nexu...awesome alien sidekick! I can just imagine the interactions between Anji and the droids... ;)

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    How about no preteen heroine, alright?

Better yet, how about... Embo.

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Except the live action series will be adult oriented and so was revenge of the sith!! Live action series is still on hold.

Who knows what the sequel trilogy would be like yet, or what rating it will get, not now at least. Just speculation at most if its EU or orignal story or a combination of both. Lucas did play some role in the Expanded universe!

4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Robimus likes this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Why is this significant?

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  7. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Jennifer Heddle is Senior Editor at Lucasfilm/LucasBooks,

8. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    Could I go off-topic for a moment and say that if there's an Imperial officer villain of some kind in the new films then I hope they cast Jason Isaacs. Most famously of Harry Potter (Lucius Malfoy), but also The Patriot (Colonel Tavington) and The State Within (Sir Mark Brydon) among others. Especially given the English accent theme of the Imperial officers in the OT, plus the fact that at 49 he's the perfect age to play a fairly senior but still active-duty Imperial officer.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jason Isaacs was a good Commander Zhao in the 1st season of Avatar the Last Airbender.

10. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    Just the scene where he introduces himself in Chamber of Secrets is the perfect Imperial officer for me. The stereotype upper-class Englishman, impeccably polite with just the merest hint of evil lurking beneath the surface.

Get it done Disney!

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The moment I saw Jason Isaacs in Harry Potter I thought of him as Hethrir.

12. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    THe Live Action series most likely isn't happening, and RotS was still a kid friendly, family movie. It got a PG-13 rating (which is still a PG rating) for one scene (Anakin being burnt) and most reviewers at the time said kids would be just fine with it, as long as they had Parently Guidence. In other areas and countries (like Canada) it got a flat PG rating (hell, in Quebec it got a G). RotS isn't an adult movie for mature audiences.

Lucas played almost zero role in the EU, and just about every comment has made about hte EU is been about seperating the movies from the EU and stating how seperate he is from it.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Jason Isaacs would be a perfect fit for SW.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Best scene with Lucius in Harry Potter

Watch the whole conversation at the beginning but at 40 seconds is so good.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The whole point of the PG rating in some Canadian provinces is that it is a warning to parents. Canada, in general, has no PG-13 rating so saying that it got a "flat PG" is ignoring that the rating serves for everything including PG-13 material in other markets. So with the lack of two seperate PG ratings everything gets lumped into the one. The 14A rating is reserved for films that would get more of an R rating in most markets in the USA, and usually contains sex, a ton of foul language or really descriptive violence.

For instance the Expendable 2 is rated 'R' in the USA, but '14A' in most Canadian Provinces. There is different language being used even though the ratings look similar.

Considering that in a lot of Canadian Provinces it is illegal to even leave your children unattended under a certain age(most often 12 years old) it is not like these kids were marching into the theater by themselves to view ROTS. I agree it is not an "adult movie" in the thought that one would need to be over 18 years of age to watch it, but it is a film that came labelled with warnings for parents which makes it not suitable for all audiences.

Other than legitimizing the entire concept of how he wanted the EU to work through the companies with his name on them, yeah, hardly any influence at all.

Ryus likes this.
  16. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I live in Canada and you have the ratings alittle mixed up. Basically (Canada vs USA) G=G, PG=PG, 14A=PG13, 18A=R, R=NC17. And groups of 12 year old kids go to movies all the time in Canada with adults.

All other Star Wars movies are rated PG, which means (in America) that they have material that isn't suitable for all children and parents are warned/urged to be there with their children. RotS got a slightly strong rating, but its still a family friendly movie (if you do some reading, it only the Anakin burning scene that got it the PG-13, without that scene its a PG movie), just like all Star Wars material has been in the past and will be in the future. Making Star Wars family friendly makes it much more profitable as it expands the audience, greatly. If they make a mature, adult movie that no parent would take their 10 year old too, they just lost millions and millions of dollars at the box office.

Lucas didn't read the EU (or at least 97% of it), didn't get involved in the story of it, didn't view it as part of the same universe as his movies, didn't consult it when making his movies, didn't give them insight into what was come in the movies etc... He didn't have that much to do with it. He has said he didn't have much to do it.

Vthuil likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not much, but some. Mostly to do with nixing author ideas he didn't approve of.

Zahn's The Thrawn Trilogy- Noghri were originally called "Sith"- but Lucas nixed that. C'baoth was originally a clone of Obi-Wan- nixed.

Dark Empire- the Big Bad was originally a guy dressed like Darth Vader. Lucas nixed that and instead we got the Palpatine clone.

New Jedi Order series- originally, Anakin Solo was supposed to be the hero and Jacen killed off- Lucas insisted they change it to be the other way round.

Plagueis is also thought to be heavily based on Lucas's notes regarding that character.

Same applies to TCW which is also EU- Lucas is supposed to have been heavily involved in some bits- notably, the Mortis trilogy.

Vthuil likes this.
  18. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    RebelForce Radio

SCOOP: As Disney continues to cut jobs across the board, RFR is hearing about more layoffs today - This time at Lucasfilm. People have been axed in licensing, marketing, and publishing, - JMac

19. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    I hate Jimmy Mac, hes a tool.

Disney is just restucting Lucasfilm and bringing them inline with how Disney expects a company to operate.

20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Disney will probably let the Del Rey license expire, and then move the star wars books to disney publishing, and then the new canon will begin.

21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    to adapt to the movies

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Can you stop doing that?

Ryus likes this.
  23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013