main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm tracking some of these rumors so we can laugh our asses off at them several years from now.

Sky Bonteri, people.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  3. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    ok i've thought about what i said some more and realized i was just getting excited from JJ's "no comment." He probably just doesn't wanna deal with hate mail right now by saying "all the EU **** is going in the trash" and pissing off hardcore fans.

EDIT: ok i just read the HitFix article and now I'm 99% convinced that Jacen and Jaina will not be there at all and neither will anything else EU related...and I'm ok with that. It's something we all just have to learn to except.

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Right now I'm hoping the "dream big" stuff means it'll be as far from the "Luke living like a hermit cuz Obi-Wan & Yoda did lolololol" as it'll be from "Luke marries the lady who was ordered to kill him by the Emperor and has one son years younger than Han & Leia's one surviving kid who used to have a brother named after their grandpa who died young and a twin bro who became a Sith that she had to kill"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013

that was just a fan-made plot idea I had a while ago that I posted in a different thread and was never a rumor in any way to begin with. Just a fan-fiction plot device. And as much as I still think it can be cool, I doubt they'll actually go that route so you don't really have to worry.

Master Blaster likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    This rumour has the twins at 17yo which means 26ABY which means Luke Skywalker 50yo ! I don't think Mark Hamill can pull of a 50yo & they should not de-age the Big3 when there's no need - so really this latest rumour has to be one of the worst ! a remake of LOTJ " come on "..................

7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You're not the only one who thinks that's what is "supposed to" or "could" happen, tho... lots of people who buy into Lucas' "the Emperor's never cloned, Luke doesn't get married" (and other similar comments; I think he said once that Luke would be a hermit, too) think that Luke might wind up living as a hermit Jedi Master just because Ben & Yoda did--ignoring that they HAD to, for survival. It wasn't a dig at you by any means--just at the concept which is one I've never enjoyed. Hermit Jedi has been done, Luke deserves something better than living in a cave or hut on Tatooine or some other gods-forsaken world nobody in their right mind would visit.

Even if the rumor were true, that WOULD NOT mean the EU timeline of when the twins were born would have to be in place. We're probably looking at 38+ years ABY, or a minimum of 34ABY. They won't waste time attempting a Jeff Bridges/Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellan 'CG face lift' here, since it'll undoubtedly look creepy.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    The 17 year old twins, if there is such a thing happening, might be their grandchildren maybe.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anybody really think that Episode 7 would have Han/Leia and/or Luke's grandchildren as the leads? Skipping an entire generation would seem odd for the generational saga set up between the PT & OT.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    It's more likely in my mind that it'll be Luke's kids, and they'll just sidestep the whole Solo kids with a couple lines about a Master Solo on some mission. It could be Solo's kids but something about that just doesn't feel right to me.

Of course 40-45 ABY - 15-20 years = 20-30 ABY birthdates for the new protagonists. Which means if we assume a 'pick and choose' approach to the EU that I'd say anything after 20-25 ABY is definitely going to be ignored. Stuff before that may be ignored. I could certainly see the EU authors doing gymnastics to connect dots and so forth but there are some things that just will not line up and be jettisoned.

Scratch that, there will be a lot of stuff jettisoned like Han Solo's spice.

11. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    starting to think this too. another thing that adds to this is that Tim Zahn said a few months ago that back when he was writing his books in the early 90's he was told that if their really were ever to be a 7, 8 and 9, it would be about Luke's kids.

12. Darth smaug

Darth smaug Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2013
    MODified: Going, going, gone...

[​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Harrison Ford was 35 in 1977 (Han Solo was 29 in ANH) Today he's 70
    Mark Hamill was 26 in 1977 (Luke Skywalker was 19 in ANH) Today he's 61
    Carrie Fisher was 21 in 1977 (Princess Leia was 19 in ANH) Today she's 56
    There is no way to base this upcoming film on these people's ages. For all we know this movie will be "the day after the Emperor's death" (Truce at Bakura reference sorry)

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    One thing I was just wondering about.....should the ST have a "big reveal". The OT's was Vader being Luke's father. The PT's was Palpatine being Sidious. It would be interesting to see if they come up with something good. And hopefully, because we do not know the later story, it would be an actual surprise, unlike the Palpatine = Sidious reveal (well, at least for most people, I'm sure at least a few didn't see that one coming).

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes I'm sure the 'sources' this obscure website has are better than the 'sources' the other obscure web site has. :p

We don't need this website to be apprehensive about what the future will bring.

Anyone who comes out and claims to have internal knowedge of the scripts & cast at this point is a fraud. People just like to swarm to the fraud that best reflects their own wants and desires as legitimate.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, McWeeney from HitFix was busting out PT scoops back when he was Moriarty on AICN.

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Dude, anyone who's doubting Drew is cray-cray.

FinleySlade and Master Blaster like this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh, give me a break.

I think I'm going to withdraw myself from this thread pretty soon. Once the news starts coming in, the level of denial is going to be nearly intolerable.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There are several ways to base this upcoming film on these people's ages.
    It has been said that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford have all been talking to Lucasfilm, and that their roles would be written out if they would choose not to do it. I'm pretty sure that means they'll play their characters at similar ages to themselves. No re-casting, and certainly no major de-aging.

Darth Chiznuk and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. ForeverSleep

ForeverSleep Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    "and I hope they understand that the odds of seeing those characters adapted as part of the actual storyline in "Episode VII," "Episode VIII" or "Episode IX" are between none and none."

HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha!
    Goodnight sweet EU lovers. Your dreams are over. Go ahead and lock this thread up mods. :D

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Precisely. It isn't a matter of one "site" over the other for which interpretation suits a person best. It's about the individual reporting the news. Moriarty delivered a massive amount of legitimate scoops for the Prequels... not to mention countless other non-SW films. Does it mean it is 100% confirmed to be true, yet? Of course not. But, I would certainly not hesitate to put my money down on the poker table at this point.

Krueger, Vthuil, Lord Tuvitor and 2 others like this.
  22. ForeverSleep

ForeverSleep Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2004
    Bet the bank against the house.

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    You mean about this Solo twins synopsis?

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    In a sense I kinda feel bad for the EU fans if *note I am not going to act like its totally gone till I get a 100% confirmation. I dont want to risk that 1% chance it will be used and then I'll look like an idiot* the EU is not used. Yes I know it will be a major dissappointment but I can kinda see the denial being even worse. Like if the director says "No EU characters" some people might STILL spin that into saying that there still is a chance or that JJ is just doing his big "mystery box". Its gunna be a rough year for ALL of us fans. Now I just hope we get some casting news soon cause that can give us a clue of what to expect

kubricklynch likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No, Moriarty reported the exact opposite of the twins synopsis. He reported that the EU is being paved over. Unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending upon preference, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.