main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    er... TOTJ (depending on which part of the story you read) was about 4,000 years before ANH. Maybe you're thinking of DOTJ, Dawn Of The Jedi? That one might be around 20,000 BBY... or 25,000 BBY... (don't know offhand) depending how long a "generation" is to your reckoning.

2. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Tales of the Jedi was in-between around 5200 BBY(Golden Age of the Sith) till 4040 BBY(Great Sith War) around thirty years after that is when the Mandalorian Wars begins.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Where did 5200 and 4040 come from?

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah. Pretty sure Golden Age of the Sith was 5000 BBY on the dot and the Exar Kun stuff was in 3996 or so.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    The Golden Age of the Sith started approx 200 years before the Republic ship turned up, which we see in TOTJ, we know that the Great Sith War (Exar Kun War) started forty years before KotOR 1 which is set in exactly 4000 BBY.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Tales of the Jedi is set between 5000BBY (The Golden Age of the Sith) and 3986BBY (Redemption).
    At least according to the timelines in the books themselves - I have them in front of me now :)

Also, concerning the art of TotJ - I think The Sith War probably had the best design/art of the series, and remains one of my favourite SW comics to date when it comes to art. Sure, it might not really make sense to have it so archaic, but it's much more interesting than what we got in The Old Republic - which was more or less the exact same design as in the movies with some minor tweaks here and there.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Wars: Episode VII Casting Breakdown

http://schmoesknow.com/star-wars-ep...paign=star-wars-episode-vii-casting-breakdown
    Think this is not all leads as i think they know who mains will be, who they want for the parts.But this could be solo kids etc.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah... seems legit. I can see the line of thought at Lucasfilm before posting this:
    "Hm, can't mention Star Wars in it - that would give away too much information about the new movie. I better just put down the director, writer, producers, production companies, etc. No one will suspect this is actually Star Wars."

:rolleyes:

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Those guys don't really seem very credible.
    I'll wait on Drew McWeeny's thoughts on this, he seems to have actual information, judging by past experience.

Vthuil and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If both Korriban and a Death Star appear in the ST, could IX end with a Death Star destroying Korriban?

Edit: Would cleansing Korriban of the Dark Side also be an option for an ending?

13. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    With all the dark lords floating around Korriban, I say there's a better chance of it destroying the Death Star than the other way around.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Those spirits aren't capable of space travel.

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    They'll all combine powers and shoot a frakkin' huge bolt of lightning at it and fry it.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What if they don't realize what the Death Star is and/or that it's coming until too late? Also, if the Death Star is complete, I'm not so sure how well that lightning would work.

17. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    So what names could the movies give to Han, and Leia's children?

how different do you think they'll be from Jacen, and Jaina?

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Foot and Standa

Toonimator likes this.
  19. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Oh really? My sources say otherwise...

darklordoftech and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. The Kulvax Sisters

Jan 10, 2013
    I was off a bit, having not bothered with the KotOR games in a very long time, but gratz sherlock.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. CateSolo

CateSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2013
    Since the supposed official casting call was released does anyone think there's still a chance of Jacen and Jaina being the lead protagonists?

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...That thing was a fake.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At this point, I say it's very slim - at least, in terms of the Jacen and Jaina that we're used to.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Not as twins... THAT "casting call" was utter BS. The only way they could be the leads now is if Jacen's one of the 20-something males (or the 30-ish intellectual) and Jaina's one of the teen women.

EDIT: with all the young people (two guys in their 20s, a 30-ish guy, two gals in their late teens), it gives me hope that one of 'em is Luke's kid. And I suppose it's possible the two young women could be twins--fraternal twins, if that's the case.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    They're 35 years old as of Crucible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.