main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    As I said, if Joruus appears/is mentoned, don't expect him to be a clone. Does anyone agree?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Explain your argument.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Him being a clone was based on what Zahn believed about the Clone Wars at the time. Now that we know that the clones of the Clone Wars were something totally different, Joruus being a clone would just make things more complicated than they need to be.

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Mmmm...maybe. A lot of Joruus' characterization is based on him being a clone, though. Which is to say...pretty much all of it :p

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    They could always change it to him simply being an insane person. There are insane people out there, and they're not clones.

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Sure, they could, but why? There's nothing terribly complicated about him being a clone that went too fast and is insane as a result.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    darklordoftech - I think you are making it way more complicated than they intend to make it.
    My feelings on it will be that the villian will most likley be one we've never seen before; we've been told that's its a new story and the villian will be a key point in that story. They may take elements from the EU, but I doubt it's going to be part of a major plot point.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How was I making things more complicated?

However, I do agree with the rest of what you said, mavjade.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't comment on Kreia, Xizor is up there, The Death Star guy or the Marvel comics guy? Odion is interesting but meh. I'd put that Bothan from the novel as more interesting.

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Borsk, you mean?

Xizor is just...utter slime. I mean, when you make a guy who murdered children look noble and upstanding, that's saying somethiing :p

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Borsk is awesome! Hate his guts but great character!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Xizor is so utterly disgusting, he fills you with all kinds of emotions as a good villain should.

Marvel guy. Death Star guy is boring. But I'll never forget the marvel character challenging Vader to a lightsaber duel.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What issue? I have Omnibus 1 and 4 but expect it to be in 1 or 2.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sorry, I was wrong. He battles Luke, not Vader. It was part of the Omnibus 2.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I own the original Marvel SW comics, Dark Horse Omnibus, 1-5. I just need to read them. Too much time on the boards.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. I'll have to look into that fight. I will have to get it from Amazon or something I guess.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    But the thing is, the real C'baoth was confirmed dead in both Outbound Flight and (I believe) Survivor's Quest. Even if SQ is overwritten, Outbound Flight still counts. And C'baoth is most certainly dead. Me, I want a story that explains how Palpatine or whoever cloned him did it.

Why are you posting this everywhere? What does it have to do with Star Wars?

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. They could always overwrite the real C'Baoth dying or give the character a different name to disconnect her/him from Jorus.
    2. That link talks about how Abrams looks forward to Sequel Trilogy tie-ins.

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    1. But then it wouldn't be C'baoth, and thus it'd be irrelevant.
    2. I read the whole article but must've missed that. Oops! :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That thread was focused on JJ's directing abilities. I wanted to talk about what it means for the EU.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Actually, I mentioned this a few pages back, it is very relevant to the EU because there could be an Abrams-led EU. 2.0. with "JJ Abrams Skywalker!" as the daughter of Luke Skywalker as the main protagonist, mostly because Abrams wanted to do that with Star Trek but the Paramount / CBS split got in the way. Not so with Disney. The real important stuff is at the end.

Moreover, Willenson notes that Abrams, who has a deal that is believed to include creative and profit participation in "Star Wars" inspired merchandise and spin-offs, will have more control in shaping the legacy of the Skywalker clan than he would have had with developing side projects for the "Star Trek" crew. Unlike with "Star Trek," with its rights split between Paramount and CBS, Disney owns the rights to “Star Wars” outright thanks to its $4 billion purchase of Lucasfilm last year.
    "The derivative rights situation on 'Star Trek' is complicated because you’re dealing with cross-company cultures, so it makes it harder to implement a grand plan," Willenson said.
    As for Disney's grand "Star Wars" plan, it's sounding an awful lot like the one Abrams once envisioned for "Star Trek." There will be television properties, theme park rides and spin-off films all centered around the new trilogy that Abrams will oversee.
    It's a page borrowed from Disney's exploitation of the Marvel comic books and if it works out, it should make Abrams very rich indeed.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Taking a character that has already been established and changing a fundamental part of that character and essentially completely reworking said character because 'canon' has changed since then is making it overly complicated. If they wanted a villian that is psychotic, I'd be willing to bet they'll just make a new character instead of complely changing an already established one.

Then just for future reference, it might be better to give your thoughts and ask others theirs along with the link, instead of just seeming like you are randomly linking an article. It's always better to give more information that just putting a link.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    That last sentence would be correct if you were talking to yourself.

None of those characters are even remotely interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.