Discussion Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I can't wait for the Barbie Mara Jades!
  2. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well LFL has released more of her merchandise, and they put her into the Edge of the empire RP.
    Than at any time since 1991, her Bishou figure comes out april 2014, right in the middle, or after filming.
    They even let marvel use her, and Luke's likenesses in a Marvel mini series.
  3. JediGirl_Angelina Force Ghost

star 3
    Kill them with fire!!
    DarthBreezy likes this.
  4. TheLateAdmiralPiett Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm going to laugh so hard when the sequel trilogy bulldozes the post-ROTJ EU.
    Last edited by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Oct 24, 2013
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I'm going to laugh so hard when a bulldozer interrupts filming of the ST.
    Darth Raiden, Ryus, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jedi Comedian Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm going to laugh so hard the next time I see something really funny.

... wait, what game are we playing?
  7. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    i was rewatching some of the star wars movies and i was thinking about the middle film and how it introduces new key figures/characters and they play a somewhat pivotal role in the remaining two films. i.e. Empire introduced the Emperor and Lando Calrissian. Attack of the Clones introduced Count Dooku and the Seperatists leaders and Senator Bail Organa. Do you think Episode VIII will follow the same formula?
  8. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Most likely, it seems like a common thing for trilogies.
    Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    You've got to build bypasses.
    darthfettus2015, lbr789 and Vthuil like this.
  10. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a given now that the Star Wars franchise is no different than, say, Marvel, DC, or whatever — The universes in the comics, novels and video games, or what have you, are all seperate from each other and will not hold any writer to them that's hired to script stories for future films.
  12. KOBBRA Jedi Padawan

The best fan trailer ever! Watch this guys! I hope to see this in real!
  13. darthfettus2015 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    ive got to tell you the most important news you've ever heard...i ve got to tell you now and I have to tell you in the saloon bar of the red lion! - Realises how odd this will read with a lot of Americans...sadly ive no news about Ep7
    TKT and Mystery_Roach like this.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  15. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Well I'm an American but I may not be the most representative example of my people.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I'm an American, but sometimes I wish I wasn't.
  17. darthfettus2015 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    quite ironic that we were quoting was in some way ridiculing films like Star Wars but I ended up loving both and knowing them off by heart
  18. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Star Wars is not the best film that represents the American culture though. It's basically universal.
    JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  19. darthfettus2015 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    totally... its other worldly, not of our world so Nation does not come into it - things like Doctor Who and Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy have an undoubted British feel as ET and Close Encounters are amercian, purely because of production, accents and the settings...thats what I like about Star Wars its very international as it is set in a galaxy far far away
  20. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    And Transformers is completely and extremely American due to its xenophobic, racist, and jingoistic undertones.
    Mystery_Roach likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  22. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5

I'm sure they will still maintain a consistent continuity in between them. There won't be Robot Chewbacca in the comics and in the movie's he's plain Ole Chewie. It'll basically be as it still is, the movie series drives the ship and everyone else spins around it. Only difference is with the story team the actual different arms talk to each other. Of course, I'm sure at some point Episode 8 will contract the XYZ Ep. 7 spin-off iphone game and then people will gripe again.
  23. The battle of MAW station Jedi Youngling

How a fundamental formula point in the Star Wars saga predicts the inclusion of the Death Star prototype from the EU in the ST: ROTJ featured less of a Death Star compared to the complete version in ANH. For this same reason it's reasonable to assume that a death star even more scaled down from ROTJ version will appear in ST if this formula is continued. The Death Star prototype would have to be the final step here.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Gone with the Wind?
  25. MillionthVoice Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Not to flog a kicked horse, but with new reports of focus shifting away from Solo kids to Skywalker kids, it would seem the EU is even outer than previously thought..?