main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    All any of this says to me is that Star Wars is really popular. :)
    No matter what form it takes.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    That's what it sounded like to me too......

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think at the end of the day, they will use some names and a couple characters from EU in the same way they used them in the PT.

Aside from that, I think that they will write what they write with little consideration for most EU, and a lot of it won't survive.

Han Shot First likes this.
  4. Sith Mando

Sith Mando Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2013
    Okay, I love Star Wars and the EU. But with the new movies coming out, all of the books I've read (Just finishing the Fate of the Jedi series now)... I'm worried that they might be no more then fanfiction, because well...movie cannon>book cannon. At least the way I see it, does that mean it will be like... alternate universes? Or what exactly? I'm sorry if this has been answered or addressed somewhere else. But if you could then post a link to the answer or re-answer it for me. That would be kind of anyone who sees it.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    As of right now it is still canon just to a lesser degree than G Canon (which is George Lucas Canon). There are those of us who would like to see Ben and Jaina as the Han and Luke or the Anakin and Obi Wan of the ST. It could happen. Here's to hoping. Either way, enjoy it and welcome to the club

Sith Mando and Esg like this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They Better. If they focus on these old characters and we discover there are no kids, it'll turn out like the Star Trek movies.

7. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    How much money do you think the books have made next to the movies? How many people have seen the movies,compared to reading the books. And how long have the successful books stayed at the top of the best sellers lists?

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sense last year

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not really going to bother answering that. #8 on the NYT best-seller list since last year speaks for itself. Although if artoo-dion's post from above is accurate we might as well ditch everything else being official and just let Kenner run the whole thing. :p

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This is good because it means that there is a big chance that the Yuuzhan Vong will be retconned out of existence(or at least retconned in a way so that they're more "Star Warsy")

11. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Yes because a never ending ghetto of the Rebellion/Republic vs Empire is sooo much better

Also take note the Vong weren't even the first SW species to use biotech. Also what the **** does more star warsy mean?

DarthBoba likes this.
  12. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    No, a better villain is a lot better. We need that, but we also need the Empire out of the story or at least in a pathetic state so that they aren't the main villains.

Edit: I've suggested before that the writers could make up an evil organization bent on destroying all Force-users in the galaxy. It may not be the best idea out there, but it's at least better than the overused Jedi vs Sith and/or Republic vs. Empire plots. And certainly better than the dumb Yuuzhan Vong that came out of ****ing nowhere.

13. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Better villains" Is so damn subjective

14. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    How about villains that aren't as divisive as the Yuuzhan Vong, mmkay?

15. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Ah, also, I think the movies should somehow make it so that Natasi Daala doesn't exist anymore.

16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So originality is bad?

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think the point about story elements being "divisive" is a good one and has little to do with "originality"--it's about how true to the spirit of the franchise the element happens to be. The Vong always struck me as a kind of Giger-esque, modern element that strayed too far from the pulp space adventure/fairy tale roots of SW--you wouldn't expect to see them in a Flash Gordon comic nor their analogue in a fairy tale, and I think that's what people are getting at when they complain that the Vong aren't "Star Wars-y" enough.

18. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The thing on destroying the force has already been done and in a video game (KOTOR2) and more people would recognize something from a video game than a novel.

19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was also in TOR in the Imperial Agent class called the Star Cabal

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    The Vong weren't original and even if they were, that didn't make them good villains. Just because something is "creative" doesn't neccesarily make it good.

21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't mean it like that, I meant an organization that wants to kill anyone who can use the Force and set up a government that doesn't tolerate them. I wasn't being literal when I said "destroy".

Edit: Anywho, good night everyone. I'm going to bed.

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Just because you think something is bad doesn't make it so.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    While this would make for a good plot it would make for terrible movie as who would they fight with? The Jedi would just fight with people without lightsabers. Now if the government wanted to ban all force users and the Sith tried to kill them, would it be the Jedi imperitive to protect the said government trying to ban them? Yes... So in essence, the Jedi might agree with the Sith that the government was wrong but forced to protect the beings that dislike them so much...
    That would allow for lightsaber battles and make an interesting plot, though semi convoluted....

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I just hope TFU is eradicated from existence. Preferably with a bazooka.

JackG likes this.
  25. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    I think this idea is convoluted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.