main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I was just watching the interview of Lucas and Kennedy when he sold Star Wars to Disney and he even says in there that he has scripts,books,comics a treasure trove to pass along to Kennedy and Disney. Sounds like he counts EU along with PT,OT.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No, he doesn't (or didn't, to be more precise).

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yes he did

No he didn't

Uhuh

Nahah

Really he did

Damn it he didn't

Rabbit season

Duck season

[​IMG]

Serious guys provide links. :p[face_laugh]

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And of course it ends with the compromise solution: "Elmer Season" :D

Force Smuggler and Ryus like this.
  5. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014

At about 1:30 he speaks of this treasure trove.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    T-R-, InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's precisely how I've always looked at it, too.

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Story Group will be deciding what's canon moving forward. Elements of EU will survive but probably be altered. The old post-ROTJ continuity is gone.

T-R- likes this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Boy that would peeve people. A shiny gold or silver-plated Falcon.

Even if the Republic is in a time of peace though when E7 opens, I can't imagine Han wanting a Naboo or Coruscant look for the Falcon. But maybe the plot revolves around Leia's attempts to upgrade the Falcon's old tech look and give it some class. That might be our inciting incident.

Sarge likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a huge logical leap between "treasure trove of Star Wars stuff to draw from" to go to "by the way, the post ROTJ EU is canon and will dictate the direction of Episode 7". If he is including the EU, it's a resource for ideas and influences.

T-R-, Dra---, Darth_Pevra and 3 others like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really hope it's not CGI either.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would just say names, really. Luke's family status, Leia's family status...etc.

I would not like Admiral Ackbar to be as 'crabby' as he seemed to be post ROTJ, however... :cool:

Ryus likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If the Falcon doesn't have one thing go wrong per movie then it isn't the Falcon.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This time Chewie clogs up the Falcon toilet.

15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Admiral Ackbar...crabby? Huh. He always struck me as being a bit more fishy,

Sum-Wan, Mystery Roach and T-R- like this.
  16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Concentrate all fire power on that super obvious pun! [​IMG]

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Internets, I expected better of you. ;)

I always expect better from the internets. Huh.

18. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    From the EU, from the EU... .

Suncrusher. Crush them suns!

And hey, it's the logical next step; planet killing laser to sun killing torpedo.

Next trilogy it can be a galaxy buster.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually I have to admit that there was no pun intended when I posted that LOL!

I guess I really just kind of got the impression that Ackbar seemed a bit grumpier, or at least less agreeable around the other characters than the Ackbar we saw in return of the Jedi... I don't know, maybe I just expected more from his character going forward. Although I should mention that I've only read a few post ROTJ novels.

(I planned on reading more, but once I found out about the sequel trilogy I figured I should hold off-for obvious reasons.)

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Old article, lots of complaining in it, however, it does answer the thread question rather succinctly:

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/2...tar-wars-episode-7/expanded-universe-pedantry

Expanded Universe Pedantry

Why We Don’t Want To See It: Ever visited the fans' bible, Wookieepedia? It's like a previously undiscovered circle of hell.
    Forget about the non-film stuff and remember the mainstream punters.
    Oh, Go On, If You Have To: Thrawn is pretty cool.

So, yeah, grab Thrawn (as a character with the large brush strokes, not his whole history/dead before the movie starts). Do that. I would say he'd be a cool bad guy, but I do want to see Sith Lords and the like in the film, however, maybe a reverse-double-fake-out like, Sith Lord seems to be running the show and Thrawn is his servant but BOYAH! nope, Thrawn is running it above the Sith Lord. And so forth. Keep Thrawn as a non-Force user mastermind Imp type but throw Sith in there. Kinda like how Zhan did it in the TTT. But, y'know, adapt & steal from the EU, not use as canon.

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm not sure how valid that list is since #2-4, 6-8 are just prequal hate; and #5 is special edition hate... I didn't even bother looking at the rest of the list after that... Plus their reason to hate the EU is being fixed by the story group, so if the EU is brought in their issue with it is now a non-issue. Then they invalidate themselves by saying they wouldn't mind Thrawn with a subjective opinion, since many elements of the EU is subjectivly pretty cool... might as well just say only cherry pick the best of the EU.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

I'm not saying it's a good and valid list, I'm just saying that in that particular list they make a good point, if made with a tablefull of snark. So, as the thread states, you get to pick only 1 element. And I actually agree with their 1 element ie. Thrawn.

23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Exactly my point, this thread is for the one element and that one element only... the other EU thread is for the tableful of snark.

Agree that Thrawn is one of the best aspects of the EU though, especially post RotJ and more especially in the Bantam novels. ;)

24. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'd keep the Rouge Squadron. Wedge, Tycho Celchu, Hobbie and Wes. Imagine the fun with them and Luke voiding around in the galaxy. Ace pilots!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Now this one has me scratching my head...

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=15461

Jedi Academy trilogy rerelease in hard cover in late november... now this month is the 20th anniversary of its release so its late for an anniversary edition and its really close to 2015 when all books being released will be canon supposedly.
    • Are they just trying to sneak it in close to a new wave of stories? Which to me seems risky of confusing fans if its no longer canon...
    • Just think it will sell better closer to the holidays?
    • Or am I being paranoid wondering if its getting edited to fit with the new canon as defined by the story group cause its listed as 100 pages shorter than my edition of the book?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.