Discussion Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. ScorpionJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Well Korriban is so well ingrained it may as well be.
  2. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    People do realize there are various languages and different names for things in the Star Wars universe, right?

You are not actually crying about the name change to a fictional planet in a fictional universe. Don't say stuff like that.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Feb 25, 2014
    fett 4, Granger and Dra--- like this.
  3. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    That's not how it works. Those who are in charge get to say what is canon. EU authors do not get to dictate canon no matter how often something was written or repeated. If those in charge like an idea from the EU, they are of liberty to use it. If not, we get Morriband.

Not to be mean, but your options are to get over it or do not partake in it. I think it is silly too, but it took me less than a minute to get over it. And "butterfly effect"? C'mon man. Are you being serious?
    Last edited by TheBBP, Feb 25, 2014
    Dra--- likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Let's hope that's all it is.
  5. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    I have no inside info to support this, but I am guessing that if they are changing the name, the planet might be a bit different as well.
  6. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    That's my view as well. If one thing gets changed, what's to stop the next change? And the next? And the one after that?
    Someday we might even get to the point that the movies as we know them are gone completely.
    Okay yes, there have been a lot of changes already (which would support this I suppose) but one day we might see remakes that have nothing to do with what we know now. What a sad day that'll be. Hopefully we don't get 1984'ed anytime soon.
  7. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4

Ahh very unlikely. I'm guessing the homeworld of the Jedi would be the first place the sith would look during the purge. In the old continuity the Sith were much bettter at remembering history
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah good ol' slippery slope fallacy. Change the name of Korriban, and all of a sudden, Han's a wookiee. Good times.
  9. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, he is scruffy looking. :p
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
  11. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Nerf herds
    Mystery Roach likes this.
  12. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
  13. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 3
    I have said it in various threads before, listen closely to the voice over mentioning Moriband, it is clearly two dialogues cut together. One via intercom, the other not. I remember sitting in the cinema during the premiere of ROTS and waited for the infamous: "Lord Vader....RIIIIISSSSEE!" line and it never came exactly as in the trailer, it was cobbled together from two seperate scenes. The same seems to be the case here and it could be that Moriband is not the ancient homeworld of the Sith, but simply another stop during Yoda's planethopping...
  14. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe... but the dialog also seems to becoming from those 4 women each looking the same but with different emotions (the whills?). If this is the case them completing each others words and sentenaces might explain the dialog cut as you so discribe it while not having it be two seperate words cut together but just the voice actress saying the same dialog in 4 different emotive states and then having her voice acting of 4 roles cut into 1 to represent all 4 sharing thoughts and finishing each others thoughts.
    Mystery Roach and Circular Logic like this.
  15. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Are we now imagining that Moriband isn't the homeworld of the Sith? I've read the german article (in german). Give it a rest. Korriban doesn't exist anymore.
    Mystery Roach, T-R- and Granger like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5

Not if they don't know where it is. It's just my own speculation right now of course but my assumption is if Dagobah is the original homeworld of the Jedi then it has been lost for centuries until Yoda rediscovers it in TCW and so unless he goes and tells Palpatine about it (and why would he?) then the Sith wouldn't know about it. Perfect hiding spot.
  17. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonder what this means about 'Sith Purebloods'? Their homeworld is now non-canon. :-B

I hate SWTOR and the Sith Purebloods useage in it, but I rather enjoyed them in other series... oh well...
    Last edited by Ryus, Feb 26, 2014
  18. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
  19. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Technically, "Sith purebloods" was EU, so that may not survive. There is no movie indication that there was a race called Sith. Only that there was an order of DS users.
    Ryus and TheBBP like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    No idea. They might not even exist anymore. Personally I'm glad as I never liked the idea of a Sith race. I'm more the "Sith is a religion" kind of person, if you get my drift.
  21. Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Master

star 1
    So I guess a lot of novels and comics have it wrong now.

And I guess doing it this way is probably better than making one announcement saying that the EU is being wiped out or whatever. It lets the people who would be the most upset about it slowly come to accept it.

And I'm thinking, what's an apt Star Wars quote for this (because it seems like there's one for everything in life)? Probably "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is... Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
    Big Bad Yoda Daddy likes this.
  22. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Always in motion, the future is.
    Last edited by TheBBP, Feb 26, 2014
  23. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm honestly kind of surprised at the amount of handwringing a minor planet name change (to me, "minor" because it's not in the movies) is causing. Not saying it doesn't matter, or that I understand why they changed it... just that it seems to be blowing things out of proportion IMO.
    BigAl6ft6 and Darth Claire like this.
  24. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars fans as a whole are some of the most fickle fans in the entire Geekdom.
    Beezer likes this.
  25. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok everyone it's time to burn our books and light the biggest fire the North has ever seen!

Seriously...we all knew this was gonna happen. There will be no Jacen, Jaina, it will be JoBlow Solo and JayWow Solo now. We all still have our books, JJ isn't going to sneak into our rooms at night like Sully and Mike. And if you really still feel this way when the movies come out, don't buy another Star Wars book again. Trust me, there is quality sci-fi outside SW.
    Mystery Roach likes this.