main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    ok, maybe I'm just going deaf in my old age, but someone tell me the clone's name at the end wasn't really...

Fart...

Ryus, Darth Chiznuk and TKT like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol, no I'm pretty sure that's Fives.

I think those beings who told Yoda to go to Moriband might just turn out to be the Whills. They seem to not be entirely corporeal beings and if TCW is sticking to what the ROTS script established that Qui-Gon learned the secret to immortality from the Whills then it makes sense that Yoda would come across them on his mission.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Did you see their masks? They each showed a different emotion. That was kind of cool.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Its Fives... becase his designation is CT55555, so five 5's, or shortened 'Fives'

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Would've been cooler sounding if his name was Penta-Five.

Immortiss and T-R- like this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, that trailer is amazing! I'm still facepalming the Korriban/Moriband change, but I'll get over it. I'm excited about Rebels, but I'm starting to really wish they'd been able to complete this season of TCW.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Is it irresponsible to just watch the trailer all day? Ok, I'll do it.

Immortiss, StoneRiver, Ryus and 5 others like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think anyone is really all jazzed up for the arc on Colvus considering it was a s3 arc that kept getting pushed back.

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Your damn right it does.

[​IMG]

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    We may have just seen our first glimpse of the Whills in TCW -- and I think they look perfect. Sort of reminds me of something we might see in Miyazaki animation.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, season 6 looks like it would have been the best one yet and while I'm happy to at least get part of it I sure wish they could have let them finish the full season before moving on to Rebels. Maybe some day they'll allow them to go back and bookend the whole thing with another feature length movie that ties all the stories up and leads into ROTS. A guy can dream... [face_praying]

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I wonder if this means we'll see the Whills in ST [face_dancing] [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

btw, is that Sidious on Moriband dueling Yoda?! (first, I thought Revan but the name change of Korriban clearly means the entire EU is being dumped)

Dra--- likes this.
  13. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I'm crying over the Korriban change. Do they not care about the butterfly effect they're causing?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    why would they? alot of the higher ups at lucasfilm have repeatably said the EU isnt canon.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

El_Machete12, Dra---, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I love The Old Republic Era. It's the only EU I can stomach. I'd love to see Tython in a movie. Will I cry over the change? No. Ultimately, I'd rather have changes - and a universe dictated by a group of people setting down canon - than a bunch of authors one-upping and e-peening each other with second rate fan fiction.

17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well put. I don't want no Kevin J Anderson vs Timothy Zahn & Michael Stackpole repeats... even though I sided with two of them, having to never have to deal with that situation ever again is prefered.

At the end of the day I want the EU's well of ideas fully capitalized upon if they fit with the new way forward... I'm here to help myself to learn to let go of the old EU, some days are better than others, lol, but for the most part when I argue for something its cause I think that idea from the EU is benifical moving forward.

18. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Well Korriban is so well ingrained it may as well be.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    People do realize there are various languages and different names for things in the Star Wars universe, right?

You are not actually crying about the name change to a fictional planet in a fictional universe. Don't say stuff like that.

fett 4, Granger and Dra--- like this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    That's not how it works. Those who are in charge get to say what is canon. EU authors do not get to dictate canon no matter how often something was written or repeated. If those in charge like an idea from the EU, they are of liberty to use it. If not, we get Morriband.

Not to be mean, but your options are to get over it or do not partake in it. I think it is silly too, but it took me less than a minute to get over it. And "butterfly effect"? C'mon man. Are you being serious?

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let's hope that's all it is.

22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I have no inside info to support this, but I am guessing that if they are changing the name, the planet might be a bit different as well.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's my view as well. If one thing gets changed, what's to stop the next change? And the next? And the one after that?
    Someday we might even get to the point that the movies as we know them are gone completely.
    Okay yes, there have been a lot of changes already (which would support this I suppose) but one day we might see remakes that have nothing to do with what we know now. What a sad day that'll be. Hopefully we don't get 1984'ed anytime soon.

24. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Ahh very unlikely. I'm guessing the homeworld of the Jedi would be the first place the sith would look during the purge. In the old continuity the Sith were much bettter at remembering history

25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Ah good ol' slippery slope fallacy. Change the name of Korriban, and all of a sudden, Han's a wookiee. Good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.