Discussion Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    It was Lucas who told the author of Darth Plagueis "He's a Muun" in the first place though.
  2. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Well, that was back when Lucas thought there wouldn't be any more movies. If the filmmakers think Muuns look stupid, then nothing is hindering them from changing the look.
    Dra--- likes this.
  3. The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master

star 2
    A muun could actually be very frightening, if done correctly, they sure pulled it off in some of the concept art done for Plagueis.
  4. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Dra--- likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Agreed. I would find no fault in this being presented as a frightening villain.
    [IMG]
  6. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    Just about anything can be made to be terrifying. It all depends on how they depict his abilities and/or evil-ness.
  7. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    As I’ve said before, I think the main portions of the EU that will be relatively safe are stories and events that happened between the films (both of the PT and the OT). For example, stories like Shadows of the Empire and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader should be perfectly safe. They are not really stepping on anything’s toes where they are. Post-ROTJ EU, however, will go the way of the dodo. Also, whereas it might be safe for now I think the KOTOR period will eventually get canned. I just can’t see them not making a set of films or TV shows set in that time period down the line.

I hope the Darth Plagueis novel stays, though. Its a fantastic story.
    Dra--- and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Maybe even Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
  9. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    TESB already stepped on that;)
  10. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Not very hard though - hence movie tie-in books like The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader including stuff from it and Shadows of the Empire.

I could see the new Empire & Rebellion series between ANH and TESB being kept, as well.
  11. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    except the whole Vader almost killing Luke and Leia and Luke cutting off Vader's arm, other than that, not very hard ;)
  12. hachijedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    When the announce the names of the Skywalker Kids I can't wait to see this thread explode.
    Last edited by hachijedi, Mar 14, 2014
    SithStarSlayer and Dra--- like this.
  13. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Meh Luke might not even have kids.
    Dra--- likes this.
  14. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Vader loses arms a lot in the EU - fragile prosthetics, maybe ;)
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Yep, another reason to say buh-bye EU[face_dancing]
    TheBBP likes this.
  16. Dra--- Chosen One

star 4
    How do we know that? What's the timeline on the creation of Plagueis?

Also, there's the question of whether Lucas knew he wouldn't be making new movies and whether he always had the possibility of selling the franchise in his head. Hard to say for sure exactly what Lucas was thinking on issues that he changes his mind on.
    Immortiss and T-R- like this.
  17. The Shrike Jedi Master

star 1
    I think the sequel trilogy always carried with it the greater potential for revenue, but if he did the sequels first the prequels would be less successful (not arguing quality, just revenue and profit).
    T-R- likes this.
  18. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    It goes back a long way:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Plagueis

being canceled in March 2007 - then put back on the schedule in July 2010. So some of the work done on it would probably have been as early as 2006.
    Dra--- likes this.
  19. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    2010 would have been around the time GL was working on the new treatments.
    Immortiss, Dra---, Ryus and 1 other person like this.
  20. Beezer Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So what? Lucas personally approved Chewie's death. That don't mean that E7 is beholden to a single thing in the EU.

Your canon is dead, son. Accept it.

MOD Note: Discussion of Canon not allowed in this thread. This is a friendly reminder.
    Last edited by Bazinga'd, Mar 15, 2014
  21. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6

That meme is kind of overused already.

Plus:

So - maybe we should move on?
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Mar 15, 2014
    Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Is there really anything more to discuss in this thread then?
  23. Mange Force Ghost

star 4
    While I think that's far too restrictive, it's always possible to continue the discussion without turning it into a canon debate.
    Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok....umm *thinks up topic* How do you think the new EU (books, video games, comics, ect based off the characters and events in episode 7) will impact episode 8? Like will it have a direct impact (like things that happen in the new EU will directly tie in and be referenced so its required reading) or will they just be little "in between adventures" that have no real impact on the films?
    Iron_lord likes this.
  25. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Considering the frequency that they'll be pumping out movies - supposedly every year - probably side adventures and back fill.
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.