main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think the whole point of the Story Group is to avoid that scenario. Start clean and make it count.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I find it hard to believe a Force-user as powerful as Palpatine died by falling from a high distance. Couldn't he force push against the ground just before impact? Would the G's be too powerful for his body?

Jedi Knight Fett, Dra--- and T-R- like this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    He set off a very dangerous nuclear reaction. Vader died from the very tail end of it. Palpatine was at the source.

4. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Vader died from the electronics of his suit getting fried by Palpatine's lightning. That's why the mechanical breathing was labored. I thought this was obvious, although I have seen debates on the subject crop up from time to time. Not sure I've ever heard your theory though.

Dra---, Ryus and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Definitely post-ROTJ EU, but I still think it’s too early to say that everything has gone the way of the dodo. For example, stories set between the films (both of the PT and OT) should be safe, or at least most of them. I can’t see SOTE going anytime soon, for example. It’s not really stepping on anything’s toes. And I think that's what it will come down to. Toes and stepping on them.

6. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Maybe, but that seems like a nightmare to keep straight for the casual reader. People kept saying that there was no reason for the KOTOR era to be affected either and now that's out the window.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Oh, I agree that the KOTOR era will go very soon, and not just because of the Korriban thing. I will be shocked, for example, if we don't get a few films down the road set in that time period.

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Fully agreed, if there was any EU timeperiod that would get top odds of a film/tv adapation its the KotOR stuff. As such it will become retconned like no tomorrow to make a long comicbook run, 2 60 hour video games, and 1 200+ hour long mmo video game fit into a few movies and/or tv show spinoff.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    whoops, wrong thread. Uhm....Adam Driver for Thrawn!

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You mean Grand Admiral Amphithyron (or some misspelling/breakup of it) :rolleyes::p

Which is a type of vail/curtain in a sect of churchs (I looked that up myself 30 seconds ago)... thus a play on his role of being the gateway villain who leads to a villain returning from death but also sounds similar to Thrawn... [face_party]

They better not do this... :oops:

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep, TFU has been removed from canon, too.

The TCW finale, the Yoda arc, is set to basically build the foundations for the new canon and lore.

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    This is why I believe that the final episodes were delayed. I think that they are setting up the official canon moving forward into Rebels and beyond into the movies. There may or may not be details in them that are vital to a theme that we might not see until later down the road. But I honestly think that the delay has as much to do with setting the lore and canon for the future of the franchise as it does anything else.

DanielUK likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm read bits and pieces of the Yoda arc; the origin of the Force, midichlorians and Sith are set to be explained. Plus, the Whills of the Force seem to be making an appearance, too. But I 100% agree with you on the why the final episodes were delayed.

TheBBP likes this.
  14. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Honestly this Morriband business is getting more laughable by the announcement, now it's officially called Moraband. :rolleyes:

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Korriban rolls off the tongue better than whatever it is now.

Immortiss and Ryus like this.
  16. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    The idea of stuff like SWTOR being retconned is folly, considering that SWTOR has already been endorsed by the Story Group, mainly because people like Dave Filoni are massive fans of the era.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    What's funny is, now that it's official, nobody knows how it's spelled. Is it Morriband, Moriband, or Moraband? :)

Immortiss likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Soon the planet will just be named "Mmmm".

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm betting on "Mmmmkay".

The Hellhammer, EHT and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Likely a time limited deal, like Hasbro being allowed to make EU toys already in early production but had to stop all future releases not in production. In this case expansions take planning, so what the Story Group said was we give you our blessing but you must have it out by the end of 2014 (hence why magically all the expansions got bumbed up to this year) and letting EA say they have their blessing. They're just letting EA make more money off it till they need to flat out say they're retconning it but changing things along the way that effect it so no one can later say it wasn't bound to happen.

Next off being a fan of an era doesn't mean they won't reboot it later to make movies and tv shows based off it. Video games (especially the 60+ hour games like KotOR and 300+ hour games like SWTOR) don't adapt well into a 2 hour movie, let alone a trilogy of 2 hour movies, or a 13 episode netflix show. The games would be changing mediums and for the sake of the future stuff they must be able to have more freedom in modify what once was... EA won't mind since they'll be allowed to make game tie ins to an era they're already know quite well and make tons of money rebooting KotOR/SWTOR (likely my fav KotOR 2 will get the short end of the stick here).

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    On a sad note - Aaron Allston just passed away... :(

22. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    What?! Where did you hear this? Oh my goodness I'm sad right now. :( Aaron Allston wrote the fantastic Wraith Squadron books, a great duology and the books in LOTF and FOTJ I liked. I'm sad to hear this news. Peace be with his family.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    https://www.facebook.com/aaron.allston?fref=ts

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    O.O

But he was only in his 50s...

RIP Aaron + best wishes to his family and friends in this difficult time.

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow... sad to hear about Allston... really enjoyed some of his books...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.