Discussion Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Besides wondering if an innocent comment we make will blow up into a canon argument you mean. [face_tee_hee];)
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I'm going to blow this thread up with a cannon.
    The Revanchist likes this.
  3. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Stand by Ion control, fire.

*pew, pew pew*

(Intercom voice) the first transport is away, the first transpost is away(/intercom voice)

*cheers*

Random extra 1: where we shooting at the eu or the haters

Random extra 2: *shrugs*
    Last edited by Ryus, Apr 11, 2014
    TKT and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    Ok I was watching NerdAlert on youtubeand they said Disney has appointed someone name Lee with a group called holocron keeper to go through all EU and pick and choose what will be cannon going forward.

Last edited by Fastback, Apr 12, 2014
  5. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    ok sorry for double post and could not re-edit but after looking more into the holocron keeper who is Leland Chee who worked with GL to make sense of all things canon. Sorry if this was brought up before I did do a search and found nothing on this.
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Holocron sounds like a Halloween candy.
    Ryus likes this.
  7. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Too bad only Jedi (according to TCW) can unwrap it... No wonder why the republic fell, the Jedi missed all the warning signs of diabetes caused by their special candy.
  8. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Just dropping this link to the Canon policy in here again. Looks like there may be some new questions related to the latest on official continuity, what's acceptable to discuss and where, etc.
  9. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    Sorry EHT I was just bringing up how Disney has commision Leland to continue the canon going foward and not trying to make a point. I thought it was interesting and I think it is good that Disney has kept those who worked with Lucas to help keep Star Wars what it is hopefully.
    :)
  10. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    That's fine, it was really just a reminder and/or information for those who may have missed that updated policy before.
  11. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    The best canon policy would be "don't even ****ing mention it"...
  12. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    That is what is going to happen. The next gen will be different from the EU, the jedi will be different from the EU, Chewie running around, galaxy different from the EU, etc. Probably get an "all will be revealed" mention that will never happen. Pieces of the old EU canon will probably worm their way into the new merchandising materiel. It'll be like the "DC New 52" reboot wherein it's a reboot of the continuity but random pieces of the old one are plucked from it and offhandedly referenced to, etc.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Apr 15, 2014
  13. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    New interview of Simon Kinberg. Discusses possible EU influence on spin offs & he also finishes with the status of canon.

14. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm gong to blow a cannon up with this thread......
  15. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    As expected, anyone who thought JJ & Co. would adhere to EU canon must of had a few too many Jawa Juices. However Looks good for pre-prequel canon of the Old Republic. *Cough* KotOR films? *Cough*
  16. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Translation: expect adapation of some EU stuff (though it could be anything from easter eggs to key stuff) but also expect lots of retconning to the EU from all upcoming stories, so for the moment till I can say more only the movies are canon to simpliy things

(Misspeak about the fate of TCW as confirmed canon by not including it? or is Disney about to retcon some of it??? Let the crazy debating begin 8-} )
    Last edited by Ryus, Apr 21, 2014
  17. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    I'd take it on face value rather than trying to translate it. Will also help avoid a c**** debate. Just nice to get a definitive statement on the topic, finally ;)
    TheBBP likes this.
  18. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    TCW will stay canon I believe as its prequel era which will likely be untouched, however a poodoo ton of post ROTJ EU will be retconned or scrapped altogether. The Six films will always be the foundation. That doesn't mean we wont see Kyle Katarn or someone like him turn up. All depends on what JJ/Kennedy feel is right for the story they are telling. Rightly so.
    Last edited by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 21, 2014
  19. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    this is what i've been saying.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    What an amazing interview where... regardless of your stance on EU and what you personally wanted to hear... his words are somehow easily translated to say precisely your position. He ought to forgo Hollywood and go solve global conflicts.
  21. Fleab88 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I cannot like this post enough.
  22. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    True, he was non committal & vague, until the final comment anyway.
  23. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    Personally I interpreted his words as an allegorical commentary/deconstruction of the Iran/Israel tensions, and actually having quite little to do with Star Wars. But maybe that's just me.
  24. sluggo1313. Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Not really. The line about "the canon is the canon and the canon is the 6 films" is kinda......definative.
  25. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]