main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    With the amount of sith looking like orc army from LOTR :p

2. Baumer

Baumer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2014
    Of course i wasnt saying just get right to it like some Michael bay film of course there must be proper build-up

Doop likes this.
  3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    You made me laugh.

4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I might actually read these books. My experience with EU in the past has mostly been from the video games, like KOTOR. I'm sure a lot of the novels are nice, but I couldn't shake the feeling it was just fan fiction.

5. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    the entire EU is being rebooted. All content from any point in the timeline that was released pre-2014 is no longer canon (except for the 6 films and TCW) and is now part of a "Legends" timeline instead.

6. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Few hours too late my friend :D

7. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    The Rule of Two is canon? It was mentioned in TPM and TCW Season 6?

8. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Everyone should just be glad Lucasfilm cared enough to make an official announcement about it.
    I'm sick of this age where every headline gets turned into some kind of extreme or inaccurate statement ("They're killing/raping Star Wars", etc) by people who don't think thoroughly, and that's after it's prefaced with a caption when a link to that story (which people most likely don't read) is shared in a social networking feed.

Krueger, Darth Chiznuk , EHT and 3 others like this.
  9. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

10. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Wrong scene but it still fits)

11. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    It was only referenced in TPM in an extremely vague manner. That line could easily be interpreted a wide variety of ways. Maybe Yoda was wrong (the Jedi were wrong in thinking the Sith were extinct).... maybe it wasn't meant to be taken literally.... after all, there was no apprentice for a time being following the deaths of Maul and Tyranus.

As for TCW..... well, let's just say there is no way the producers of the sequels are going to let any dialogue from TCW stand in their way of creating the story they want to create.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, I come home from a ****** day at work to find this - 8 plus pages and a PM about the post Jedi eu being "wiped away."

Contrary to what many people might expect, I'm not going to post a load of 'Kill it with fire' gifs etc, or gloat about how 'she who will not be named' is finally gone - I can't pretend to have ever even liked the character, or indeed where the post Jedi Universe went, BUT as someone who's spent over 10 years borrowing bits and bobs from it, and creating my own AU, I feel for you - I know how much energy goes into being part of even a fictional lifetime (I have 3 and a half odd generations of my own that I've worked into it!).

All I'm going to say is continue to enjoy the 'Legends' Universe, and let's all look forward to the 'New Canon' - what ever that will be for YOU...

13. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Do you guys think there is a specific reason for wiping out all the EU, rather than just the post ROTJ EU? Shadows of the empire and knights of the old republic wouldn't impact the stories that push the timeline forward. Maybe a spin-off will tell old republic stories? I wonder if we will get new books that fill in the 30 year gap or if all future books will be of no real consequence.

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    For what it's worth, so far the novels for the nuEU (or whatever the hell we're calling it now) look awesome. A Tarkin novel by Luceno? Want. An entire novel with Vader and Sidious fighting battles? Want. An I, Jedi type book with Luke Skywalker? Eh, I'm used to Star Wars being in third person so I, Jedi drove me nuts, but want. John Jackson Miller penning the first Rebels novel? Want.

15. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    nuEU. I like that.

I'm most excited for Lords of The Sith, but everything else looks great so far.

Lurknomore likes this.
  16. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Because the whole kit-n-kaboodle is just too disorganized, disjointed, inconsistent and poorly assembled. There are some great stories and some bad stories, but too many inconsistencies (with both the movies and each other) to logically fit into the same universe. They had to crush the EU with one swift stroke, or else risk having to go through the exact same thing piece by piece as future stories address other timelines besides the post-ROTJ GFFA.

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of the EU, it will soon see the end of the EU debates.

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I am very curious to see how this plays out.

I came to EU when I was a kid and you could in fact say that it had a large and important part in me learning English as well, since it is not my first language. I read the Thrawn Trilogy when I was around 12 years old. By that time, there was a ton of material out and I was buying all I could, enjoying most of it, disregarding some of it. Since it was a time where it was not really easy to get Star Wars books in Serbia, I quickly lagged behind and there were way too many books for me to care to read to sort of keep up. Also, the quality kept dropping and overall it got a bit too bloated to keep track of. Now, I actually intend to start following this from it's very start and see how it plays out. These books are fun, easy reads. You can read one in a day or two, no problem. I'm hoping it proves worth following, since it would provide a nice distraction to all the "serious" literature that now occupies most of my attention.

As it stands now, interested very much in the Tarkin novel.

18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

That has nothing to do with courage of convictions, that's called business. Nobody is in this for principles, or to stick to some fictional "canon". This isn't a local D&D club.

19. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    It does seem unreasonable that they're targeting the Old Republic era as well seeing as they're not even green-lighting anything in that era and that it has no impact. My anger would be alleviated if they green-lit a Revan trilogy as one of their spin-offs or a tv series set 4000 years before ANH featuring Revan. Looking at the recent reports despite what others have said it does seem like they're focusing on killing off Post-ROTJ for now.

I remember Yoda saying "There's always two, a master and an apprentice" or something along those lines.

[​IMG]

20. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    Don't know if this helps any of the EU people but in other Scifi and Fantasy shows and movies we have Alternate Universes or AU we call them and in some of them I have several AU so I have what I love in my mind and keeps me happy even if it is not on screen I have many for Stargate, Star Trek, Harry Potter that's just off the top of my head here's an except from a show called Stargate SG-1 kinda explaining it

"CARTER​
    Not necessarily, sir. It's possible that they did gate in from PX7, just not the PX7 that we know. The multi-verse theory of quantum physics posits the existence of parallel universes, an infinite number of ever growing alternate realities that exist concurrently with our own. The theory holds that anything that can happen, will happen, if not in this reality, then in another.​
    MITCHELL​
    So you're saying that somewhere in an alternate universe, I got to second base with Amy Vandenberg.​
    CARTER​
    (annoyed)​
    Theoretically, yes.​
    MITCHELL​
    (grinning)​
    Boggles the mind, don't it?​
    CARTER​
    We're part of a meta-verse in which individual sub-universes are continually being generated. Our own experience with the quantum mirror proved as much. Realities can exist where we never defeated the Goa'uld, or the Stargate program went public."​

don't know if that helps any of you EU fans but it helps me when TPTB make choices I don't like in my AU this is how I have it and I have complete control​

21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I love common sense so damn much.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    "I feel like Dylan's Mr. Jones."

"Ah, but something is happening here and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?"

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Guten tag... Herr Jones.

[​IMG]

24. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly, and for the Marvel Cinematic Universe they just picked and chose what they wanted from 616, Ultimates, etc,

With Star Wars, they haven't sold the rights for valuable characters like Marvel has, so there are even less restrictions on which characters, character models, and plot lines they choose to use.

25. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    When someone tells you to enjoy Non Canon EU just hit em with one of these
    [​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.