main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Seriously... make an official dumb speculation thread, already.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oooh! I like that idea! I'd love to see the old enemies working with the heroes after finding out that Luke and Leia were Vader's son and daughter.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm working on it, I just got home from work. :p

4. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I think there is a pretty important difference between Qui-Gon in Episode I and Obi-Wan in Episode IV. Obi-Wan is clearly a supporting character in Episode IV with Luke being the chief protagonist, but Qui-Gon is very much the lead protagonist in Episode I, with Obi-Wan being almost a supporting character throughout much of the film. Obi-Wan is mostly along for the ride in both films, while the narrative is largely driven by the actions of Luke and Qui-Gon.

Thus, I am speculating that Luke's role in Episode VII will be more active and thus like Qui-Gon's role in Episode I.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The mere concept of a Sith ghost is thankfully against Lucas' Star Wars.

6. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Yes, there should be a sole speculation thread... particularly as it isn't based on official news or even rumours

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I mean put yourself in the shoes of someone who lost a loved one to Vader's terror for all those years.

Would you like the idea of his kids wanting to run the show?

And maybe an imperial higher up, maybe a rebooted Thrawn-like character, could happen upon this info and use it to "force" Luke and Leia into an agreement lest he spill the beans to the rest of the alliance and the galaxy?

The galaxy can't find out.

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Definitely. Keep it tidy.

9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    The Empire, yes, but more like the Remnant or the Felpire - something without a crazed Sith in charge.

10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Makes sense. That's why when Dark Empire was created, or any other EU material that brought up Sith ghosts, Lucas banned it from happening because he didn't want Sith Ghosts to exist in the star wars franchise. Since he already had the power to do it, he told the EU authors to not create....EVER....Sith ghosts.

11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I don't see it happening.

I'll be very happy for MH to see him get a role though.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Though everything you say is true, against the point being made though it's ultimately semantics. Qui-gon was the lead in Episode I, Luke was the lead in Episode IV, but the movies to the character are ultimately one and the same as Qui-Gon hands off the reigns to Obi-Wan and Anakin both in Episode I with his demise, where as Obi-Wan hands off the reigns to Luke in Episode IV with his demise.

Thus Episode VII will fit that tone as Luke will likely hand off the reigns to someone new with his demise.

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Not sure I agree that Qui-Gon was the central character in TPM. It was probably too scattered among the main characters for there to really be a central character.

Anyway, I hope there's something more original in the Sequels than the Empire coming back. The SW films have focused on different generations of the Skywalker family, and since these are Episodes VII-XI, it seems natural it would be about the next Skywalker(s) after Luke, (please not twins..)

I hope John Williams and Anthony Daniels are up for this.

14. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Episode VII. Opening crawl finishes. Camera pans down to reveal... a Galaxy-class starship...?

"Captain's log, Stardate 45587.3. The Enterprise is en-route to Starbase 244 for routine maintenance. The mood is sombre on board following Lieutenant Skywalker's horrific accident. He remains comatose in sick bay."

Cut to sick bay.... Anakin Skywalker's eyes slowly blink open.

"He's awake!" Doctor Crusher exclaims. "Lieutenant, can you hear me?"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

15. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    It was outright said in ROTJ that Leia has the force, like Luke, and in time she would learn to use it as he has. The EU also shows Leia eventually learning the ways of the Jedi.

So will we see Leia as a Jedi? Full-blown, or part-time? Or will she remain a politician who can occasionally make someone force-trip on their robes?

16. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Bingo.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Nothing as shocking as "I am your father"

But I'm sure there will be a surprise - Possibly related to Palpatine/Sidious still somehow being in control even though he's supposed to be dead. Or possibly related to the Anakins origins.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Part-time is cool to see her determination, struggles, training, development, etc. Full-fledged Jedi means badass Jedi!
    As a politician, I don't think Leia in the movies was as interesting as politician Padme.

19. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    It was all just a dream of Jar Jar.

20. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Good topic... I say part-time, with it shifting through the series.

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Again, who was the main character ultimately didn't mean a thing in terms of what point was originally being made... so ignore who the main character is when looking at Episode I is to Qui-Gon, as Episode IV is to Obi-Wan as Episode VII will be to Luke.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I kind of want the Sith to seize control of the Empire and have a last try at it all...

... even if it's repeating the plotline of Legacy. ;)

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think the point is that they both had the "mentor role". And Luke can have that role on the next movie.

Just because he didn't stop it, doesn't mean he accepts it as his version. As he said before, to him the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married... Fortunately, now he can offer his version and in the process may overwrite some bad ideas shown in the EU.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think this is more likely.

25. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I think an interesting premise would be starting with a young, earnest soldier (kind of like Luke) and following his exploits throughout the duration of the conflict. Over time, we can maybe reveal bits and pieces of that character's background -- how he's tired of the fighting and is sickened by how the galaxy is falling apart. We can see him take on missions with fellow pilots and such.

Then reveal that he's fighting for a faction of the remnant Empire. I don't know if it would be a great plot twist necessarily, but I've always thought it would be interesting to try to play on an audience's preconceptions -- dehumanize the protagonist's opposition, give the lead a sympathetic backstory and legitimate grievances, but then reveal that he is on the wrong side of the conflict. Might be interesting. But it might also be difficult to do properly without tipping the audience off or descending too deeply into melodrama.