main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Official Sequel Trilogy - Let the Wild Speculation Begin!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 31, 2012.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    StarWars.com calls the new movies VII, VIII and IX; Lucas talks about his treatments for the sequel trilogy... all signs point towards Episode VII meaning exactly that: Episode VII.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Is this thread meant to be some sort of quasi-philosophical question that we are all taking too literally?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    No; there seems to be some genuine confusion about what they're actually planning on doing even though there really shouldn't be.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm surprised there is any confusion. WhinyLuke has authored half the threads on the front page, so I can only imagine he/she has found the answers to their many, many questions...

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. Gala

Gala Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    It would seem the last 6 episodes have been a heroes journey a beginning and end for Anakin and somewhat also for Luke and Leia. I would like to see in this next episode surround a new character with Luke as the mentor and the bunch to help the hero! I would love to see all our old characters familiarized again, with new adventures. I never really got very deep in the EU after Episode 6. So I do not know much about what happened to the Story in books or comics.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The collapse of the Empire has created a power vacuum in many systems, leading to civil wars and the reemergence of old animosities and grudges suppressed by decades of imperial rule.

The rebel alliance also faces internal divisions as half of the organization, thinking the war now over, wants to leave while the other half wants to restore the old republic.

But serious obstacles remain. Many in the galaxy still blame the old order for the allowing the emperor to assume power and the jedi knights for allowing it to happen.

Into this power struggle are thrown our heroes, Luke, Han and Leia as they try the impossible task of keeping the alliance from being torn apart.

But lurking in the shadows is the heroes biggest obstacle to peace......one who holds a secret about Luke and his family so devastating and shocking it could tear the fragile alliance apart and cast our heroes into darkness forever...........

Spectre777 likes this.
  7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Main villain: Darth Maul.

This explains why he had to be brought back.

8. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Says the man named Garth Maul. Though I've often wondered why Lucas allowed Maul to be brought back in the CW canon.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Maybe Maul and Talzin have a kid. Or Ventress.

10. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    STOP. Mind BLOWN!

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    What if it's because he knew the new film would knock it out of canon?! [​IMG]

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  13. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Hmm, as of right now we only know it's name is episode 7, as many say. But what does that mean?

It could be a continuation on exactly what happens after episode 6. But then again It could jump many years, so we don't have to deal with finding the last of the Jedi thing.

From all we know this saga might not even be about the skywalkers, it could be about a new group of characters! Anyways, starwars.com is now calling the first 6 the "Skywalker Saga" So maybe it's about a new group of Jedi.

I personally think the old EU is coming to a close. Like some one said earlier, the next novel is said to feature the big three passing on the torch. And as much as I hate to admit it, Legacy is a perfect place to end the series. I do wish that series would be continued though.

With the new movies, it should have a whole new universe, unless they can fit in into the existing one. Even if they keep all the EU that happened before the new movies. They can both be different Universes, kinda like what marvel does with their comics.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Tatooine isn't in the trilogy at least twice there will be a problem

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If a comparable span of time exists between 6 and 7 as between 3 and 4, it can be entirely original and yet not have too much of a negative impact on the majority of existing EU.

16. JediChris99

JediChris99 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    One question I always had about the Original Trilogy was this: was it public knowledge that the Emperor was a Sith Lord and that Vader was a fallen Jedi Knight formally known as Anakin Skywalker? What I've gathered over the years is that the Sith occupation of the Republic was not commonly known. To the public the Emperor was a former politician that became a monarch. My question about Vader's former identity is difficult to answer, but my sense is that not very many people knew that he was once Anakin. Perhaps a plot point in the new movie would be Luke and Leia being forced to deal with this becoming public.

17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Well they referred to 'The Phantom Menace', 'Attack of the Clones' and 'Revenge of the Sith' as 'Episode I', 'Episode II' and 'Episode III' respectively before they had proper names, so it sands to reason they'd call this movie 'Episode VII' til they had a proper name for it. Makes sense, yeah? :)

18. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I just don't see this happening.

19. darthpup

darthpup Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2006
    A blue Hayden

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Okay, today I was thinking about where the ST could be on the timeline. I thought Post-Legacy would be the best. What is your thoughts?

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Twenty to thirty years after RotJ would be appropriate, I think. Maybe forty.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    But I am saying to fit in w/ the EU.

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I don't think there is such a way. Not smoothly enough for film series this big.

24. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I'd go real world time since ROTJ, so about 32 years.

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Do it after FotJ at least. it pretty much open space there.