****Official SIFO-DYAS Discussion thread****

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Missninfan, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Any and all Sifo-Dyas discussion will now be kept here. I'm gonna link some existing and soon to be closed threads here, so discussion can continue here and people can see part of what's already been discussed. Thanks.
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    OK - Who is Sifo-Dyas? That's my simple question.

3. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I think he is either Dooku or Sidious, if anyone else, would be a BIG surprise!

I can't say if it's Dooku or Sidious for sure, but my coin toss says it's Sidious :)
  4. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank gawd, and thank you, Missinfan!
  5. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    The 'Sifo-Dyas' who visited Kamino wasn't, IMO, Sifo-Dyas at all, just a pretender. (Probably Sidious or Dooku).
  6. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Thanks much :). Now it's just a matter of keeping this visible.
  7. yodas_hairline Jedi Knight

star 3
    sifo was a jedi and someone kilt him dead. then they ordered some clones of jango fett.
  8. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
  9. JediCoz Jedi Knight

star 1
    it can't be Dooku or Sidious, he was a member of the jedi council, people would've recognized him. he was killed 10 years ago and Dooku impersonated him to order the clones from the Kaminoans.
  10. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://www.sifl-n-olly.com/graphics/home/boxsifl.gif]

I think Sifo-Dyas was Palpatine. It all probably went as he had forseen it. 10 years ago he saw himself as the SC of the Galactic Republic in charge on a huge Clonetrooper army. He is Darth Sidious & uses the Jedi name Sifo-Dyas on the Kamonians, so that if anybody came to them asking about the clonetroopers, clonetroopers that are not supposed to be availabble until the Emergengy Powers military creation acts has been passed in the senate, the blame will fall on the unsuspecting Jedi.

It could be Count Dooku, who Palpatine as a politician asked to go on a secret assignment for him. He might have asked him to find a strong warrior(Jango Fett) & take him to Kamino to begin cloning a army, just in case they are ever needed. I'll bet the EU covers it, the same way that I have for either Sidious or Dooku being the alias Sifl & Olly.
  11. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Sifo-Dyas was Palpatine.

Are we saying that Sifo-Dyas was being impersonated by Palpatine/Dooku, or that one of them accually is Sifo-Dyas?
  12. DeltaJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm assuming that Sifo-Dyas was probably a Jedi Master killed by Sidious or his agents, and then his name was used on Kamino in order to place the order for the Clone army. That seems to fit...

13. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20020515/img/dooku_bg.jpg]
  15. MasterSoma Jedi Knight

star 1
    This Sifo Dyas character should have never been invented. Qui Gon should have been the dead Jedi that was impersonated. That would have been so much better. Why didn't Lucas consult ME?!
  16. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm talking about the alias of Sifo-Dyas. Everyone knows Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas is real, Obi-1 said so on screen.
  17. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I agree with DeltaJedi. That's what my impressions from AOTC were.

~*~Bria
  18. SenatorGoauld Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It was Dooku. Because Jango talks about Tyrannus... which is Dooku's alias.
  19. Delphium Force Ghost

star 1
    Sifo Dyas = Qui Gon :eek:

The clones were ordered 10 years ago, and Sifo has not been heard from. Qui Gon died 10 years ago.

He never came for the clones. Why not? Because he is dead.

Good theory here
  20. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Sifo Dyas was a ruling member of the Jedi Council. Qui-Gon never made it.
  21. tDR Jedi Master

star 4
    confusing this puzzle is... i also thought that it might be Qui GOn... but i also thought it was Sidious... it would have been good if it was quigonjinn though
  22. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Remember that in the early drafts, it was Sido-Dyas (Sidious), not Sifo-Dyas. This alone makes me think it is Sidious. Which reminds me of an old Batman episode (the good Batman - with Burt Ward and Adam West).

It went something like this:
    Batman: "It was bought by P. N. Guinn"
    Robin: "P. N. Guinn? Penguin!"
    Batman: "Good job Robin!"
    Yes, it sounded lame, so I'm glad they changed it to Sifo-dyas.
  23. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    But once again, such a line of thinking makes one belive there was no Sifo-Dyas, but there was.
  24. Metabaron Jedi Padawan

Here's what I think. Sifo-Dyas becomes Sidious. That much is obvious from the name. Why isn't it as simple as Sidious giving the Kaminoans a fake name and pretending to be a Jedi Master? Because, according to the Jedi, Sifo-Dyas *was* a real jedi, who was killed *before* Episode One. (Remember the discussion between Kenobi, Windu, and Yoda? "I thought he was killed long before that." Obi-Wan meant "long before 10 years ago", in context; the Clone Army order was placed roughly ten years before AOTC, right about the time of TPM.) So Sifo-Dyas fakes his death and becomes Sidious/Palpatine. Or does he?

Ya see, here's the crazy thing I've been thinking. Sidious isn't Palpatine. I know, the debate has been made so many times, and everyone looks at you as if your mother is your half-sister and you just stepped out from the underbrush of the Adorondeks looking for mountain oysters if you don't believe Palpatine is Sidious. And for the most part, most of me believes he is. But there's this little nagging doubt. And the cloning thing, plus this Sifo-Dyas: Ex-Jedi turn of events has made me wonder. Sifo-Dyas, before he became a Darth, or even after, could've had himself cloned. Sidious *is* all about deception. Palpatine is his clone, an altered one- Which is why the Jedi council doesn't recognize him as their resurrected commrade. Palpatine, strong in the Force by sheer genetics (he'd have the same level of Midichlorians as Sifo-Dyas), is the front man, handling all the politics, being a handy decoy. It throws new light on that discussion Yoda and Mace Windu have in the end of TPM: "Always two there are: Master and Apprentice." "Yes...But which one have we destroyed?" (Something to that effect.)
    Look at the facts: Sifo-Dyas: Not just an alias for Sidious. This is confirmed by the Jedi saying he was a real Jedi. Count Dooku: Didn't know about the Clone army. Sifo-Dyas: Obviously the ex-name of Darth Sidious. So: Sifo-Dyas is Sidious. Sidious would be recognizable to the Jedi if he ever showed his face in public. So: Palpatine is not Sidious. I'm writing all this as a hypothetical thing, though, remember.

Plus, Lucas loves to throw in those twists and surprises. Sure, it seems obvious that Sidious IS Palpatine. Why hasn't he been completely revealed as such? Do you actually think that that will shock any viewer, fan or not, when Sidious says "I'm Palpatine! Boo! Gotcha!" in Ep III? Probably not. People will be going, "Okaaaaay....Tell me something I don't know now." "Luke, I am your father" shocked audiences. Yoda fighting like he did, even fighting at all, elated and shocked nearly anyone who was spoiler-free.
    Luke and Leia brother and Sister. The Death Star already in the works, and being made by the aliens who built the battle droids. Count Dooku being Qui-Gon's old master, and Yoda's old apprentice. Lucas throws in many literary twists. So just prepare yourself for any contingency. Sidious...Well, his identity hasn't been confirmed IN THE MOVIES yet. Keep that in mind.
  25. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    So who's the Sith Lord in control of Hundreds of Senators?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.