Official Site Discussion Thread: Confirmed Characters

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If you look closely, he does have 4 lightsabers on his belt. WTH??

Does that mean Grievous can use the Force? I.e., the biological part of him?

I know you don't have to be a Force user to use a lightsaber, but to try using one without the Force...it would be easy to hurt yourself.

I suppose if he's an incredibly advanced android, he'd be able to execute all the proper moves without the Force...

I don't really see him as being a prototype for Vader - he's way more robotic.

More like King of the Droids. :D
  2. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    The close up picture of his eye is very cool. He looks almost lizard-like.
  3. Darth_Banal Jedi Knight

star 6
    If you look closely, he does have 4 lightsabers on his belt.

yeah, I noticed that. And a couple of the icons show him holding sabers as well. That makes things more interesting.

Are we all assuming he isn't a Force-user, or is there a RM quote out there to that effect?
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nothing I've seen - either the biological part of him has the Force, or else he's advanced enough processor-wise to be able to handle a lightsaber...or four.

OMG.....I just had an...interesting...thought.

I read in another forum one person thought that Grievous would be used to bridge the gap between clones and droids and Darth Vader.

I.e., would the audience be able to believe that Anakin could survive with all these bionic replacements?

Therefore we have Grievous, 1/2 machine, 1/2 monster.

And here's my scary thought.

On the OS, Grievous' eye is yellow. His skin is kinda red. Who do we know that has yellow eyes and red skin?

Darth Maul.

Bear with me - I don't want this to be true, but it could be.

Maybe they were somehow able to keep Maul alive - or at least his brain or maybe they cloned him and built him an even better body.

I'd rather this wouldn't be the case, but I've read conspiracy theories over the last few years claiming that Darth Maul was going to come back with a robotic lower half...

Plus, if my theory holds true that Obi-Wan will be the one to kill Grievous, you'd have a nice situation where Maul comes back from the dead...only to lose to Obi-Wan. Again.

Oh well...you heard it here first. At least, in the 3NSA. 8-}
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I hadn't noticed the sabers :eek: I'd like to know what official info there is to allow the new icons though.

I'm curious as to what race he is, Neimodian? Geonosian? From the Banking Clan or maybe Techno Union? (Dug? :D) I'd like to think something new, who designed the destroyer droids?

EDIT: Darth Maul??? :D Surely that'd break the rule of two, or don't halves count? :p
  6. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Heh, nice theory.
    Don't put a bet on it, but it is a nice one :D

You know, I had been assuming that Grievous wouldn't use the Force...but if he's part-man, I guess he could do. Certainly Vader could use the Force, in fact he was extremely powerful with it, and poor old Anni is much more machine than man by that stage.

I'm getting a weird Lord Nyax kind of vibe with the good General here...for all you EU fans out there ;) If you can't be the very best with one sword...how about settling for extremely good with four?
  7. KaaShamau Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They could be, indeed...there is an icon or two of Grievous with him holding lit lightsabres, but then they are artistic impressions...we don't know for certain that they will be his weapon of choice.

I must remember the wise words of Nute Gunray. Yes, stop laughing, Nute Gunray. "You assume...too much."

So far, and as far as I know this is the case for even the Spoiled guys, there is no footage or pictures of Grievous so far. Just this picture today on the OS of his cartoon appearance, and several artistic impressions taken from source information. Since he'll be a completely digital character (right?), it could well be a while until we see how he fights.

Mind you, that episode of the Clone Wars Cartoon in which he's featured should fill in the blanks there. Even if they've only just started work on the effects, ILM and Lucasfilm would tell the animators how he fights, and what he fights with.
  9. KaaShamau Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't forget, Boba was given a fork and a dragon in his cartoon before ESB, so the General might go through some further changes before EpIII.

Probably not though. :)
  10. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ha! Very true.
    Nothing like going up against a Jedi Knight armed with a tuning fork. "Brave, but foolish..."
  11. Tee-Sin_Quay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Or those "lightsabers" could be the thing we saw in the Hyperspace BTH pic a while back.

For those with HS its "killing machine accessory" that I'm referring to.
  12. Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm trying to spoil General Greivous's character too much for Ep.III,but I don't want to miss the final episode of Clone Wars.That's just not fair! :_| :mad:

Although..he does look really cool.So I guess I could just try not to accidentally see a video or live picture of him from Ep.3.
  13. SLAVE2 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible so I wasn't sure if I should look at the article on the OS about Grievous. After a few days of resisting I had a look :( Thankfully it didn't reveal to much, and I must say I never expected a character like it in Episode 3, so I've no idea how key a role he will play so I'm looking forward to see him. If he is going to be such a lethal Jedi Killer as the OS article suggests, I would love to see Obi-Wan take him down, and see Anakin take down Dooku, then the two of them clash in the duel having shown how awesome they are. That would be great :cool:
  14. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    One good thing about him already...he's helping make sure Star Wars fans learn how to spell "Grievous" correctly :p
  15. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    but I've read conspiracy theories over the last few years claiming that Darth Maul was going to come back with a robotic lower half...

Good thing Hyperspace info has already said that Maul wouldn't be back. :D
  16. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Amen to that. Maul was cool, but he is dead. Lets try another flavor of villain.

:D Mace Windy,
    too windy for words!
  17. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    This General Grievous guy looks horrible.
    I'm defiently not excited to see a giant CGI insectbot hurling lightsabers.

*sigh*

I'll definetly keep an eye on this. I hope that GL doesn't get carried away with him and they make the creature as realistic as possible. Perhaps use puppets and CGI but of course that's not likely to happen.

This coming from someone who actually liked Durge, the Clone Wars depiction of him might also be a little off as well.
  18. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone see the ads for the new Clone Wars cartoons? I'm guessing the unidentified evil voice on it is from Grievous.
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hmmm....the actual voice of Grievous? Or the CW adaptation voice?

I think it's quite possible if not probable that Lucas hasn't received a finished version of his voice quite yet.
  20. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it is probably only the CW version. It is definitely someone bad who is threatening the Jedi. Maybe it is Dirge, does he speak at all?

I'm kind of hoping Grievous has a slimy snakelike voice to match his snaky eyes.
  21. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Which voice, and in which promo? The only one I've heard is the one saying "The Jedi are a fading order blah blah blah", which is Asajj.
  22. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it is ad #4, posted on this site.
  23. Obi-Bob Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The villans of the PT seem to be setting up the theory of how Anakin can not be saved. Bear with me, I know he is saved in the end.

In E1, Maul is just a kick-A Sith. Nothing really to connect the dots. I guess I should have said just E's 2 & 3.

In E2, Dooku is a former Jedi who turns. Too late for him, we will likely learn, as he is so far removed from glory that the only option is to kill him.

In E3, Grievious will be half-man / half-machine (?). Will this form an opinion for the Jedi that this kind of "person" has lost his humanity? Therefore, not only has Anakin embraced the Dark Side, he is also not much of a man anymore... only a machine with reminants of a Jedi.
  24. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey, nice perspective.

It's like Scrooge or something :p Past, Present and Future...I like that a lot.
  25. KaaShamau Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really like how the book describes Grievous. :D

The terrifying general of the droid army --

Grievous!

Not too fond of the CW voice though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.