main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Site Discussion Thread: Confirmed Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Fanboys and EU fans rejoice....Aayla Secura is officially in EP3.

Just looked on the Cast list and she has popped up along with the name of Rena Owen's Senator.

So we can now add these to the list:
    Aayla Secura - Amy Allen
    Senator Nee Alavar - Rena Owen

2. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
  3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Aayla! w00t w00t w00t

I [face_love] Aayla

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Good if you want to see her...bad because it probably means you'll see her die on screen.

5. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Another hip hip hooray for an Aayla sighting in Ep3.

Do I have this right? Grievous' voice in the CWC is cast, but they havn't cast the voice for EpIII yet?

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    [ed mcmahon] you are correct sir![/ed mcmahon]

It would be HI-larious if they got James Earl Jones to do Grievous' voice. [face_laugh]

"What is thy bidding, my Master?"

WTF? That's Vader's line!

Yeah, in a way, it's like the more confirmed characters we get to see in action, the more of them we're going to get to see die. Sad day.

"I find your lack of pants disturbing".

7. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
  8. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Sebulba?

9. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    How long has Grievous had an entry in the Episode 3 databank at the OS? Because I've only just noticed it, I didn't realised they'd given him his own entry yet :p

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yesterday, Slave - don't worry, you're still on top of things.

OS Databank - General Grievous

SW Profile

Height:
    1.904 meters (default configuration)
    Weapon:
    Blaster pistols, lightsabers
    Affiliation:
    Confederacy of Independent Systems

THE MOVIES

When the greedy corporate titans and the disenfranchised systems of the galaxy pooled their resources together to leave the aging Galactic Republic behind, they became the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Their military assets formed a droid army of seemingly limitless size -- a weapon that needed a military mastermind to wield effectively.

From within the ranks of the Confederacy came General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples. His lightning strikes and effective campaigns caused his reputation to grow in the eyes of a frightened Republic. To many, he eclipsed the threat posed by Count Dooku, the charismatic leader of the Confederacy's political battlefields -- Grievous was the face of the enemy.

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

EXPANDED UNIVERSE

Though Grievous orchestrated many campaigns from sheltered bunkers, he was not afraid to fight alongside his soulless troops in the frontlines of the battlegrounds. Jedi General Daakman Barrek first reported Grievous' frightening form on the industrial world of Hypori, where Grievous laid waste to almost all of Barrek's forces.

Following that bloody debut, scattered reports along the HoloNet told of numerous successes in the Office of the General's campaigns against the Republic. Grievous led a stab into the Republic's inner systems along the Corellian Trade Spine, conquering world after world. When Duro fell to a concentrated Confederacy attack, the insulated Core Worlds trembled in fear of what the General was able to achieve.

BEHIND THE SCENES

General Grievous was developed for Episode III as a powerful new villain on the side of the Confederacy. The initial instructions that Director George Lucas gave the Art Department were very open-ended: "a droid general." From that vague direction, the artists developed a lot of explorations, some purely mechanical, some not, for the look of General Grievous.

Ultimately, it was a sketch by Warren Fu that most defined what Grievous would look like. From that initial sketch came further refinements, and finally a foot-tall maquette sculpted by Robert Barnes showed what the General would look like in three dimensions. This sculpture was further modified to become a realistic computer-generated model for use by Industrial Light & Magic.

Though Grievous will make his theatrical debut in 2005, he will make several notable appearances in the Star Wars expanded universe. The most prominent is his appearance in Chapter 20 of the Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series. He also appears in books 5 and 6 of the Boba Fett young reader series from Scholastic, entitled A New Threat and Pursuit. For more information about the genesis of General Grievous, click here to see the Making of Episode III web documentary devoted to this subject.

I'm pumped for Grievous - we'll see CW Chapter 20 today, double-length episode, I can't wait!!

11. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Well, now that we've seen Grievous in Clone Wars...he's going to be tough to beat. I wonder who takes him down?

I also speculate that Grievous may be the one to kill Mace. For some reason, I can just see it happening.

12. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    UP!

Bruce Spence's character, the Helpful Alien, is called Tion Meddon.

So just thought I'd update with that. Looks like we might get some more info on this guy coming soon.

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Hey...hold on...wait a minute...what exactly is the photo on the main page of the OS??? Is that a new Darth Vader photo? I don't recognize the background at all. Is this Episode III Vader???? And what is he doing? He has both arms outstretched like he is either pleading with someone or trying to catch someone. Or maybe his arms are outstretched in some sort of Sith initiation ceremony??

Someone else please tell me if this is an old archives photo or artwork before I go nuts.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It's hard to say - some people are saying it's a shot from ESB from a scene on Bespin from a different angle, others aren't sure.

His armor DOES look a little different to me, and it looks like he MIGHT have the "red lenses" helmet from ANH. It's certainly an interesting shot...yet LFL seems to be implying that we'll get our FIRST look at armored Vader with the OT DVDs.

I'm guessing it's an old shot, but I'll go ask Pablo and maybe he'll clear it up. In fact, I'd bet on it.

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I thought at first it might be Bespin, but the background looks rusty and rotted away. The light behind him makes it seem like sunlight coming in through a cave opening. The armor looks a little different, too. He has both hands outstretched, no lightsaber in hand from fighting Luke. And I can't remember Vader ever standing with both arms out in that posture. It looks a little weird from him...almost kind of helpful and welcoming.

Also, look at how skinny the left arm looks compared to the glove. Maybe the arm of a skinny guy like Christensen, not the bulky ex-wrestler arms of Prowse. And the proportions of the chest look a little weird, the breast computer thing is sticking way out.

Overanalyzing this one to death...

16. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    ....anyway, I think, thanks to the OS revealing Bruce Spence's character name, the next BTH pic might be of Tion Meddon.

We might finally get to se what these aliens look like, after hearing some very interesting details about them.

17. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Overanalyzing this one to death...

That's what it's all about! :D
    It does look as if the breast plate is falling off, and the glove is huge. As for the wall, blaster fire? Burn marks? Who knows!

I didn't know Bruce Spence was in EpIII! Am I right in thinking that means he stars in three of the biggest film trilogys of recent times (hopefully on RotK:EE ;))?

18. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Also, look at how skinny the left arm looks compared to the glove. Maybe the arm of a skinny guy like Christensen, not the bulky ex-wrestler arms of Prowse. And the proportions of the chest look a little weird, the breast computer thing is sticking way out.

Argh, I'm so tired of this. [face_plain] This the the movies. If they can make a bunch of people look 4 feet tall in LOTR, then they can certainly make Hayden look a couple inches taller and a little bigger. And how do you know how big he really got for Episode III? Apparently it was much more than Episode II. But sheesh, have a little faith that Lucas (and Trisha Biggar) aren't going to let Vader look like a little kid draped in a Halloween costume that's much too big for him.

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Agreed. I'm just nervous about it. Once I see him, I am sure he will look great.

20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Doh! The great debate about the Vader picture is answered. It is an unpublished TESB publicity shot.

Boy, did I overreact to that one...

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    you and about 535,782 other people on these boards. ;)

Actually, I don't know if you've ever seen David Prowse, but he is huge - I don't think Hayden could actually get that big.

If you've seen Clockwork Orange, he's the guy that is the nurse/assistant of the writer in the wheelchair in the...2nd half of the movie where Alex stays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.