main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official site pic of Obi-Wan(non-spoiler, I think?)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_Jessica, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessica

Jedi_Jessica Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2003
    This is my first post. Yay! This is a link to a thread over in the spoiler forum, but seeing that it is on the official site and that it's the cover to Star Wars Insider, it's not considered a spoiler anymore. I just thought you guys might really want to see this pic of Obi-Wan. Credit to DarthSapient. Oh yeah, you might want to just look at the first post and not scroll down too far.

This thread is in direct violation of the Non-Spoiler Rules, item 2 which states that: Linking to the Episode III (Spoilers Allowed) forum. Linking to a thread in the SA forum is not allowed because then people would have to venture into SA to get someone's point, and they could be easily spoiled. It presents a temptation to non-spoiler members, and if one needs to refer to a SA thread, they can easily simply quote the parts of the thread that they refer to, editing out the spoiler parts since they would not contribute to the discussion, and obviously because they are spoilers.

2. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    OK - so this is fair warning. The above link DOES take you to the EPIII spoiler forum.

We'll have to leave it to a mod to decide if that is in violation of the spirit of this board.

I didn't read any of the thread - but there is a picture of a cover of Star Wars Insider with Obi-wan on it.

I'll stop there . . .

3. Jedi_Jessica

Nov 4, 2003
    Just so nobody gets their panties in a bunch, here's the link to the official site pic. I just wanted to give credit to DarthSapient over in the spoiler forum for the great find, hence the above link.

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/11/news20031105_1.html

REPEAT: It is not a spoiler

I don't think that this is against any rules. Discuss...

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, I think that if next time I am in chapters and I am walking by the Magazine shelf and I see the Insider just sitting there, I personally don't find it that big of a deal, Reading the article is proably an entirely different story, but I really don't see anything wrong with just giving a link to a picture.

5. Jedi_Jessica

Nov 4, 2003
    Well did you look at the pic Cow_Girl? What did you think of it? Make sure to take notice of the lightsaber. Pretty neat, huh?

6. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    His collar is high, similar to the almost turtle-neck one that was worn in ANH. Soldiers also tend to have high collars as seen in military uniforms, both formal and informal.

7. Old_Wizard

Old_Wizard Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2003/11/img/20031105_bg.jpg]

You could just delete that link and have the pic posted.

Old_Wizard

8. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Markups are your friends!
    Friend

EDIT:Right when I posted the picture above came up...oh well

9. Jedi_Jessica

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks Old_Wizard. I would have done the same, but I wasn't sure if it was legal in this forum and because of the fact that I'm a computer dunce and can never post pics right.

10. Jedi_Jessica

Nov 4, 2003
    I like the ANH lightsaber, the brown undertunic, and the hair. Very Alec Guiness-esque. There were some pics a few months back someone had seen in some sort of foreign biker magazine with an article about Ewan's love of bikes. They seemed to look even more uncannily like Guiness. This one you can't tell so much.

11. Old_Wizard

Old_Wizard Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    No problem. ;)

Old_Wizard

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I actually don't see a problem with this. The cover of this magazine will be visable at every news stand in America. I really don't see Obi Wan's image as a viable excuse to be considered a spolier anymore. This picture is heading into mass media and I think someone intentionally refusing to walk into a bookstore or grocery store out of fear of seeing this image is really crazy. As far as I'm concerned, Obi Wan's image in Episode 3 should now be officially considered a non spoiler. However, I don't make the rules. I'm waiting on hearing for further word from above (ala windy and stinrab) before I begin posting about this picture openly. So mods, please can we have a verdict on what we should/shouldn't be allowed to do with this picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.