main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    TPTB have stated that they arent going to stick to canon too closely.

2. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm not a follower of the comics, so I didn't know that Pa Kent was still around.

Is the TV show related more to the movies or the comics?

I know Superman '78 only shows a little of Clark's life, but how do the comics compare?

I'm gonna put my money on Chloe or Lionel.

3. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    It follows both and then again it does it's own thing. Kind of hard to explain.

4. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Ok this showed up on JS official site and was posted at The Cinema Forums, shortly after it began appearing online, it was removed and the one at the bottom has now appeared. [face_laugh]

5. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    i don't believe it, i think its Chloe, they want everybody to think JK.

6. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Most media adaptations of comic book heroes barrow from different points in the long history of the characters. Sometimes making up their own stories. In 1985, DC Comics did a mini-series that would alter continuity, to allow for a clean slate. In 1986, Superman was the first to get a rebooting of his origin from the ground up. "Man Of Steel" depicted a Superman whose life is much different. Krypton was a cold and sterile world, as opposed to city of tomorrow look that it originally have. Gentics played a big part in Krypton's evolution and subsequent demise. Jonathan and Martha Kent are both still alive, having been in their late 30's/early 40's when they took Kal-El as their son. Rather than adopting him, they were able to pass him off as their own son, since he was a tiny baby and circumstances were in their favor. John Byrne, who was the main one responsible for the reboot, chose to have the Kents alive as it would help Clark feel more human. Give him a sounding board when he needed it.

As to the supposed spoiler about John Schnider's depature, I'd wait until the actual episode aired. I don't know how accurate that is.

7. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    I thought that was pretty damn funny that one message went up, and then it was removed and then the disclaimer message appeared. [face_laugh]

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Though he is my favorite charecter on the show, I really think, even before the spoiler pics, that he was going to die, i have thought that for a couple of seasons now.

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hello! I've only recently gotten into this show (it's sorta taken over for SW right now, much to my friends' shock!) and I can't believe I haven't been watching it all along.

I went out and bought the first four seasons on DVD so I could catch up!

I've been wondering who the 'person to die' would be in the 100th episode too, and my feeling was that it was going to be Chloe. Which I hate, because I love her character and Lana, who I liked at first, is seriously starting to get on my nerves.

I don't see it being Lionel, because Jor-El said someone you LOVE, and even if they did switch bodies for a while, I can't see Clark ever admitting to loving Lionel Luthor.

So, I thought it had to be either Martha, Jonathan, Lana, or Chloe. Of those, Chloe is the only one who's a completely original character, so it would be easiest to kill her off.

But in most of the Superman renditions, Jonathan usually dies somewhere in Clark's young adulthood, so it could be him, too.

I'll hate it if it's either of those...really wishing they'd make it Lana!

So, can anyone tell me a good place to find some Smallville fanfic? I love Clark/Chloe and Clark/Lois, and if it's well-written, I don't even mind Clark/Lex.

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003

Clark/Lex??

I think you want the Brokeback Mountain thread :p

11. kayladie97

Jun 6, 2003
    See, I'm so new to the Smallville fandom that I have no idea what or even where that is! :p

I rarely venture out of the Fanfic boards here at TF.N, so you're gonna have to give me some clues here...

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Brokeback Mountain is the name of a new film, that has two characters that are gay. A lot of people who watch Smallville see homoerotic imagery in the Clark/Lex relationship.

13. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    o_O that is a first for me Sinister, if YOU see homoerotic scenes with Clark/Lex, that is fine.....[face_shhh] I won't tell.....I was just at the time readin entertainment weekly and how they got best movie copule......eeeeee......anyway.....

14. kayladie97

Jun 6, 2003
    Oh, so that has nothing to do with Smallville... :oops:

I am so out of the loop.

But yes I do think there is homoerotic imagery between Lex and Clark. They practically crackle!! If you have the DVD's, listen to the commentary on the Episode "Red" in season 2, and Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling themselves even talk about it.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer Clark with Lois or Chloe, but you can't deny the sparks between him and Lex.

15. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    thats intresting about Clark and Lex, its been so long since i have watched the early episodes when they were best friends. Im curious to hear the Red commentary now, i do like that episode.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't see it. I'm just reporting what others have seen. Stuff like Clark always avoiding having sex with a hot girl. Not shagging Chloe when he had the chance. Lex's obsession with Clark. Clark always trusting Lex. You'd be surprised what subtext people will find. Look at all the gay jokes that Batman and Robin have had to endure. Where do you think "The Ambigiously Gay Duo" came from? Hell, we've got at thread that's along these lines in ROTS.

17. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Oh yes the dreaded HOYAY! [face_laugh]

at any rate, I thought Id share the WB's Official description for Reckoning aka the 100th episode. Judging by this, that pic I posted appears to be legit.

SMALLVILLE?S 100TH EPISODE TRANSPORTS VIEWERS BACK INTO THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE AS CLARK BEGS JOR-EL TO SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE HE LOVES - In the 100th episode of the series, Clark (Tom Welling) reveals his secret to Lana (Kristin Kreuk), Jonathan (John Schneider) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) learn the results of the senatorial election and there is a tragic car accident on the highway that takes the life of someone Clark loves. A desperate Clark appeals to Jor-El for help. Allison Mack, Erica Durance, John Glover and Annette O?Toole also star. Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders wrote the episode directed by Greg Beeman

18. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    my guess is that it is Chloe, which sucks. I like JK, but just do not want Mack to leave the show.

19. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    It's not Chloe, trust me. :)

20. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    i don't trust that, i hope your right, why do you say that? JK with all the spoilers and pics is too obvious.

21. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    One of our board members has a friend on the inside. ;) It's not Chloe.

22. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    on the insideo_O , so you think its JK, yes.

23. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    I think it's JK myself. But all we've been able to drag out of our member is that it isnt Chloe. Something about being sworn to secrecy blah blah. BUT, this guy has been dead on in the past.

24. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    i hope your right, that coffin in the previews looked small.

25. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    I thought so too, and for the longest time, I thought it WAS going to be Chloe. Thats who it SHOULD be if they want to have the most dramatic effect, altho I've just really grown to love her character this season so much. Would kill me to see her go.