main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Amen!

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I'm not having high expectations for this season. That way I can save myself the disappointment that I've had in general in the last year or 2 with the show. New season starts this Thursday. I'll be watching the 1st few episodes just to see how Brian Austin Greene pulls off Corben.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I thought it moved to Friday?:confused:

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Oops...[face_blush] Yeah, its Friday

5. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Ok that was pretty cool I must say. :)

6. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Since this is the last season ( i mean c'mon the CW putting it on death door fridays???) figured i would try and post some more.

I have actually kinda enjoyed the last two episodes. I was kinda lost at the season premiere over the time travel bit (guess i didnt remember all the details from the season 8 finale) it seemed kinda rushed. The point is..Im seeing him start to come together as the hero we know. We get a little more Lois and Clark and a little less Chloe (her character has changed tooo much for me, plus she has to die anyway..not part of the mythos to begin with) and things we'll finally be coming together.

all we need now is some "tights and flights".

7. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    CW moving Smallville to Friday's really sucks. I haven't watched a single episode yet.

8. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Download baby download. :)

I agree with the flights but I never want to see him in those tights.

9. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I agree. I have never liked the 'classic' Superman outfit. I was over the moon when I saw the change they made back in the late 90's, and was annoyed when it got changed back so quickly (even though I knew it was going to happen).

While I know that they're setting up some character things and getting Clark to where he needs to be for later in the season, I really wish we were seeing more of Zod. That's one thing that annoys me, we don't see much of the "big bad" until late in the season. This episode started Oli's redemption and the bringing of the League back together and advanced Lois and Clark's relationship, but after the bomb-shell dropped at the end of last week with Zod, I would have thought some follow-up would have happened.

10. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    To me it felt like this episode was out of order. Lois and Clark's relationship seemed like it went backward a whole lot.

11. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004

Kandor
    NOW thats what I call a super episode! And they appear to have finally regained some of their special effects budget! 5 stars for me all around!!

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    They've released an image of Hawkman from the Justice Society episode:

[image=http://tvguidemagazine.com/images/uploads/2009/11/9395.keck_lg_hawkman.jpg]

I'll reserve judgment until I see a large image. I look forward to seeing what they do but dread the effects the budget will cause.

13. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now we are on hiatus until the end of January. :(

14. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Check out SHH! for some more Justice Society pics. Stargirl and Dr Fate. The teaster for the episode(s) with JSA show Green Lantern Alan Scott's ring..

15. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I think the newer picture of Hawkman looks better. At least his mace doesn't look like its gonna bend in half on the new pic.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville9/absolute-justice.jpg]

17. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Is that photoshopped or actual promo art?

18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    A TV budget really isn't kind to the JSA. Star girl still looks like she's in a halloween costume, Fate's helmet is out of proportion with the rest of his suit making it just look awkward and the suit is just too blue. And I really hope that's just the artistic license on the size of hawkman's wings, otherwise that too looks a bit ridiculous.

On the bright side, despite the somewhat goofy costumes, I am looking foward to seeing the JSA.:cool:

19. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Looks shopped to me. If its actual promo art its pretty poorly done IMO.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It's real. Released by the CW and I found it on the Superman Homepage.

21. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Then CW should fire the graphic artist who came up with it.

22. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    They've never been able to turn out decent promo art. And I agree with whoever said those look like Halloween costumes.

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I've been hesitant about watching smallville, the bits I've seen hint towards all these people with super powers. Is this the case?

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Most of the comic characters have powers or advanced technology.

Hawkman is Carter Hall, the reincarnation of Prince Khufu, an Egyptian Prince who has been reincarnated time and again. Currently he uses technology from the planet Thanagar, home to a race of people who use a substence known as Nth Metal to defy gravity, among other uses. Carter is a museum curator and often operates out of St. Roch and Midway City. His weapons include a mace, a sword and sheild and the Claw of Horus.

Green Arrow is Oliver Queen of Star City, who spent time on a deserted island where he became proficent at archery, inspired by his love of Robin Hood. He uses regular arrows and at times, trick arrows which are specially designed arrows that do different things depending on his mood. In the show, he's been based out of Metropolis helping Clark out.

Stargirl, aka The Star-Spangled Kid II, is Courtney Whitmore from Los Angeles who moved to Blue Valley Nebaraska and was raised there. Her main weapon is the Cosmic Staff designed by Ted Knight, who was known as Starman during the 40's. She's taken up the legacy of two separate heroes. She's also has enhanced strength and stamina.

Dr. Fate is Kent Nelson, is a doctor who was trained by the spirit of Nabu in the art wizardry, making him one an agent of the Lords of Order that serve as part of the cosmic balance against the Lords of Chaos. Nelson's abilities rely on magic and some form of telekensis. He can fly as a result of the magic.

Other episodes have included:

Zatanna Zatara, the daughter of Giovanni Zatara, is a magician who uses real magic in her stage show. She can invoke spells by saying it backwards.

Bart Allen, aka Impulse. He is the grandson of Barry Allen, who is one of a number of men and women to take the name the Flash. Bart hails from the future and traveled back in time to live in present day Keystone City. His abilities consist of superspeed, which can reach the speed of light and even travel through time. He can run so fast that he can move across water and even up and down buildings. The source of his power comes from the Speed Force, a mystical power that developed when Barry Allen began his career as the Flash, which in turn spread out across time to every known era. In the show, he has not talked much about his youth.

Orin, aka Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. He is a half human, half Atlantean from the lost city of Atlantis. He can swim at great speeds, has strength and durability due to his being able to travel the deepest depths of the oceans, down many abysses. He can also communicate with sea life through a form of telepathy. He's also skilled at hand to hand fighting, but requires ample ammounts of water to retain his health.

Victor Stone, aka Cyborg is as the name implies. An athelte who was changed into a cyborg in order to save his life. His cybernetics body parts double and sometimes triple the normal abilities regular people have. He also can create weapons from his own body or built from scratch.

Dinah Laurel Lance, aka Black Canary II has the ability to produce a sonic scream known as the Canary Cry and is proficent in martial arts. Her mother was the original Black Canary and her father was a private detective. Dinah has an on again, off again relationship with Green Arrow.

J'onn J'onzz, aka John Jones, aka the Martian Manhunter is one of the last survivors of the Green Martin race. Long ago, J'onzz served as a Manhunter on his home planet of Mars, which was once teaming with life. However, his brother Ma'alefa'ak caused the death of the Green Martian race in a massive act of genocide. J'onn only survived as he was teleported to Earth by a Dr. Saul Erdel, whose device was aimed at Mars. He's lived on Earth since the 1950's. His abilties include strength, speed, flight, invisibility, telepathy and shapeshifting. As John Jones, he works in law enforcement when not fightin

25. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Is it just me or does anyone else think they probably spent all their Special Effects budget on these last two episodes?

Pretty good show with the JSA though.