main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    How is no one talking about Henry Cavill being cast as Superman?

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Because this is a thread about Smallville, where Superman/Clark Kent is played by Tom Welling. :p

As for Cavill, I'm quite pleased with the choice. He was the mainstay in The Tudors for me. I was always impressed with him as an actor. He'll be excellent for the role. Now let's hope that Snyder has a similar adroit eye for selecting the lady that will play Lois Lane.

3. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Rumor I read on a couple sites is that Malin Ackerman (Silk Spectre II in Watchmen) is the front-runner. Dunno if that one will pan out.

4. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Malin's no Lois Lane. I'll say that right off the bat.

5. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    And Cavill is no Superman. Jeez louise I wish they had cast some one bigger in stature for that role. In other news YAY for the Smallville banner uptop! [face_dancing]

6. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Cavill's got the face for it, and he's an actor... he'll have a personal trainer putting him through the rigors and he'll get pretty jacked in no time. Look at what Bale did coming off the Machinist to do Batman Begins. He gained 100 lbs of muscle in like 2-3 months! Hugh Jackman did the same for Wolverine, and is doing it again for Wolvie 2.

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Smallville better be on tonight. [face_frustrated]

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well I liked that episode, I thought the Matrix and Inception homages were pretty good. And Deadshot and Capt. Flagg were just awesome. Black Canary was sweet to, hope she's in more episodes. Though since the entire Justice League was captured I take it they freed everyone right? Cause with only Green Arrow, Flag, Deadshot, and Black Canary out fighting the VRA it seems either the rest are still captured or they just split as soon as they were freed.

I hope they get this VRA storyline done though. I mean showing tea party/conservative people as the supporters of the VRA makes absolutely no sense. As one of them I LIKE the idea of vigilantes. I mean small government constitutionalists supporters want a huge unconstitutional gestapo? I mean it might have made sense back in 2001-2003 with all the supporters of the Patriot Act, but now it just seems so outdated.

Though this proves that a superhuman registration act could only pass in a world without Batman. Batman would just appear in said politicians office and glare at them while showing compromising pictures and documents to them until they reverse their position.

And at least Clark flew, though not in the real world.

Oh and next week... LEX IS BACK! LIONEL IS BACK! MARTHA KENT IS BACK! LEX PUNCHES MARTHA KENT! LEX THROWS MORE ALCOHOL INTO HIS FIRE PLACE! It's like the first season of Smallville again. Though Lex must become bald next episode, preferably though heat vision applied to hair. ;)

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think Lex punched Tess in that preview.:p

Also, they made mention of AC (Aquaman) being on Chloe's list to rescue and they also had a bunch of other ones. After rescuing Ollie, she said 1 down, 5 to go. Canary,Lois, Clark and AC make 4. I'll presume Mera was 5.

That means the others are either elsewhere or already rescued.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Nope, watched it again. It's definitely Martha Kent getting punched. Pause it 0:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl_nRhCWW4U

And if they did rescue them some help they were. :p

11. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ah. You were right. Watching it in slow motion, it is clearly Martha getting punched in the face. If the other parts I read about this episode were true, poor Martha is going to have a very painful episode. :p

12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    It's a shame they can't get the actors that played Impulse/Flash/Kid Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman(and Mera now I guess) back on this one. In the episode before this they just had doubles in the costumes for the Hawkman funeral scene. It would have been nice to see the whole League get out of there. They talked about freeing 5 more people after Oliver got out and then only showed Canary, Clark and Lois get out. So the other 2, I'm assuming were Impulse and Cyborg, were just glossed over. That's just bad storytelling right there.

I, admittedly, can't remember what happened with Aquaman and Mera in the last episodes...

13. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that episode was good. Though I have to say the Tess/Lex relationship is the creepiest most messed up relationship ever. They were in a relationship, now they find out they are brother and sister, and now Tess is raising Lex, and also trying to kill him. Lex is going to need some serious therapy after all this.

Though this is a call for celebration. http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-back-for-series-finale/

14. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    BEST.NEWS.EVER.

15. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
  16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Excellent. Now the real Lex Luthor can return to kill his clone and chuck evil(er) Lionel off another building. :p

17. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Maybe being a mom helped but i found myself weeping at certain parts.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I think clone Lex is going to age into Michael Rosenbaum Lex and stop then cure himself of the accelerated aging. And then lose his hair inexplicably. And if I were Lionel I would put my office in the basement.

19. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    If this was Facebook, I'd hit a 'like' on that comment. :p

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Agreed on the basement comment. If I were Lionel I wouldn't go above a third floor. And even then I'd make sure there were some nice cushy bushes or trees to land on. :p

But disagree on Clone Lex's fate. Seems like they are setting up a Superboy thing with this clone being part Lex and part Clark (indestructible skin). I suspect the only one who can kill this clone Lex is the real Lex himself who had an ambiguous death.

Keep in mind: Lex disappeared after the Fortress battle. What we saw was an injured Luthor. But what if it was just a clone luthor ? Even then, the Luthor that Arrow killed could have been a clone or Lex could have survived somehow. :p

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Better yet Lionel should just wear a parachute 24/7, with body armor. :p

I don't know about the original Lex still being around. That would be to many Luthors running around taking the focus off Great Lord Darkseid.

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I LOLed at Martha wearing a vest. You hear the gunshots, Clark rushes off, opens the door and Martha is having a casual phone conversation with Lois. That's our Red Queen [face_peace]

23. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    It didn't make sense that he arrived so late, though. He should have been there immediately after.

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    He's not the Flash(or Impulse now):p

25. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Yeah? In one episode he ran from Kansas to the Amazon in 2 seconds. :p