main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ~*Official social thread*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Isn't that the way it always is? I mean, let's think about it. A hard question for them would be "Who was the captian of the Millenium Falcon?" which is a really easy question for us. I would never expect anyone in my family to be able to have a chance at that game against me. A notable exception might be easy questions related to Darth Vader. Everyone seems to know a little about him.

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    So Barry.....You're that smart?

"Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?....Morons."

Lol....I'll have to challenge you sometime to see just how much I don't know about Star Wars....which is probably a lot based on the last trivia quiz we had.... ;)

3. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I think you know I didn't mean it that way. My point was that most people just aren't going to know the simplest of answers. Either they don't care enough to remember or they've just forgotten.

As an example, one of the guys from TORn (Quickbeam I believe) asked, at ComicCon, something about where did the Hobbits meet Strider. I had just finished reading the book and I had seen the movie 3 or 4 times and I drew a blank. I could not believe that I couldn't remember a simple bit of trivia like that. More complex questions were like "What is the name of Gandalf's sword?" which I didn't have a clue (I don't think it's mentioned in the book, but I could be wrong). Of course, the more I read about LOTR now, the more I remember. I believe the same holds true for Star Wars.

BTW, I've been rewatching the OT and the new movies and making mental notes of things that would be good to ask for trivia questions. So if we need anymore bonus questions, I've got some doozies ready :)

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    You know I was just teasing you....That line is from the Princess Bride (which we just watched again at Don's), so I had to have an excuse to use it...

As for hard questions....NOOOOOoooooooooooo....I feel stupid enough on those trivia quizes...I hope I get at least ONE right...or I'll have to hang my head in shame... :(

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Stop watching HP and start watching more Star Wars :p

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    How 's everything going in here today? Been slow around here for a while, but n ow that the holidays are gone. It seems to be picking back up. :D

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey sorry! I know the trilogy pretty much by heart now!! And I am going to see Lotr a bunch this week....lol Besides it was from Princess Bride...An excellent movie! And I AM going to see SW in 30 min tomorrow, doesn't that count????

8. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i don't wanna go back to school!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAA :_|

9. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    you better enjoy it cuz i only have two more months of school left.i'm typing to you from my brand new lap top! i got it for my trip. i also got (for my trip {wink wink}) a digital camera (but i lost the instructions so i cant even turn it on) and an new cell phone with an outragous long distance plan. get this.....i can call my parent from Hong Kong with decent reception for only 50% more than i was paying with my old phone......pretty nifty!

-Jason

10. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Kyps: You can probably find an instruction manual by going to the manufacturers website. They usually have them online in pdf format.

P_S: I've been rewatching the OT and I will probably watch the Ep1 & 2 DVDs later this week. I'm looking for things that would make good trivia questions. I think I'm remembering more about the movies now than I ever have. Hopefully I'll be ready for anything we get asked (and maybe some things we don't).

11. Ariana_the_RPG_Chick

Ariana_the_RPG_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I don't have school until Feb. 3! Hah! Doesn't seem like I'm having much fun now though, food poisoning sucks. Beware the clam chowder at Disneyland, yuck...

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    OMG!!! NO WAY!!! That is like a tradition with my family...Clam Chowder at the Blue Bayou....Tell me it wasn't there that you got sick :(

13. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Arianna - I also hope you're feeling better now! :)

Once had a salad at the Blue Bayou - it had 'radichio' (Italian red lettuce) in it - and later, after the submarine ride, I lost my lunch by the cartopia!
    (Is funny now :eek: , but was very sad then, with people staring)

Yoda: "Lost a salad, Jim has -- how embarassing!" :p

14. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys; i personally have had quite a lot of clam chowder bowls at the land, and so has my wife and sister. we never got sick. maybe you had an allergic reaction to shell fish. anyway, im sorry you got ill, hope you are feeling better and can come to the meeting. take warning though, lori is bring some tough trivia questions with her. i may have created a monster. lol!

15. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Fullerton Museum has a sci-fi exhibit running now through Jan. 26 (per the OC Register).

Posters, movie props, etc.

Call for hours/days (admission around $1 - 4, and students get discount!)

Peace,
    Jim

16. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Really applaud that tree-sitter in that 400 year-old oak tree. Just wish that when that developer evicts him, that the tree will come to life (as Treebeard in TTT does) and walk towards Middle-Earth where he can live another 400 years in Peace! :)

17. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    You're up pretty early, Kaui-Gon, but then again, so am I.

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I was watching the news on that tree last night. According to the developer (yes, I know, they have their own agenda too), the tree is actually only about 200 yrs old. Yes, that's still quite old. And something else I don't think I've heard on the news is that the developer did consider running the road around the tree. They didn't do that because the turn would be to sharp and would probably cause more accidents then if they just removed the tree and built the road straight through. The residents obviously want that road to be put in and the people that are protesting are just delaying necessary improvements to their area.

On that note, I'm all for recycling and planting trees, but not in favor of plant life over human life. That tree can easily be replaced with another oak somewhere else. Sure it'll take it another 400 years or so to grow, but I don't think that's a problem if it's planted in a park or something.

19. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    ok guys... the date is in....i'm leaving march 19. i arrive in Japan that night and leave for Hong Kong the next morning. i just got my tickets last night....well actually my professor is holding on to them for me but all the participants in this trip went to an informational meeting last night and there's about thirty of us (including three professors and Three Doctors of Theology) i can't wait....even though i know i'll be home sick.

-Jason

20. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Good luck and God speed Kyps. Even though we never met, I'll miss you. Have a safe trip and may the Force be with you.

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I thought P_S and Jedi_Janie would like to know. Today is Orlando Bloom's birthday. He was born January 13th, 1977. You two can have fun celebrating.

22. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    At least we won't be studying for the next trivia quiz :p

And Orlando can't help that he is so beautiful. Some guys just have rotten luck ;)

23. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Amen to that Princess!

24. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    At least we won't be studying for the next trivia quiz :p

Why don't you just add that to your signature?

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Cause my signatures section is full :p

But I am thinking of changing one of them to:

"Those who dish it out themselves SHOULD be able to take it. Life is a joke and not meant to be taken too seriously"

Chill pill anyone? Geez louise.

In the words of Bart Simpson:
    "DON'T HAVE A COW MAN"

D'oh!

Peace, Love, Happiness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.