main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ~*Official social thread*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I've always liked (but don't dare break my tradition of movie quotes in my sig!) "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

Anyway, after 2 and a half weeks of negotiating and reorders, I'm finally getting my Minolta Dimage 7HI Digital Camera from Best Buy. After order mistakes, stocking problems, more ordering mistakes, etc. it's finally on the way. For a $1,400 camera, it sure has given me a lot of headaches, and I don't even have it yet! Anyone thinking of buying something from a Best Buy store that they only sell online? DON'T! Trust me, the whole 'customer fullfillment system' is not worth all the troubles that can occur! Now, let's just hope that the camera isn't damaged when it gets here....

2. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Wanna hear more Best Buy horror stories? Go to www.bestbuysux.org. You'll either empathize or have a good laugh. Believe me, Best Buy is not satisfaction guaranteed.

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    To quote a great song:
    "We're not enemies, we just disagree"

4. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    The biggest problem I ever had at a Best Buy was when I tried to return a game. I had left it sealed in case I was going to return it. I took it back and when I got to the counter, the lady pushed the top down hard enough to pull the sticker off, opening the package. I was kinda stunned but figured she had a reason. Then she says she can't return it if it's open. Now I was really stunned. I told her that I hadn't opened it and she said it seemed pretty easy to open to her. I said that that was because she had just forced it down. I then said that I now demand my money back. If someone's going to ruin the box, it's going to be me :) Anyway, I ended up getting my money back (back on the credit card) and just left.

The only other time I had trouble was when I got a DVD from them that ended up being empty. They thought I was trying to get a second DVD or something. They told me I had to contact the distributor (they tried to get the number, but couldn't find it). They were about to tell me there was nothing they could do. I was not going to leave the store minus 20 dollars with nothing to show for it. The manager finally told me all she could do was exchange it. I was like, fine. It was Saving Private Ryan and I really wanted to watch it. She gave me the exchange and I was once again a happy customer :)

Of course, no store is 100%. They all have their problems, you just have to deal with them the best you can.

5. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    The worst for me was ebay. Although I'm starting to get back into ebaying again, I'm now a cautious bidder and $525 poorer. It happened when I first was trying to get the Dimage 7i (younger brother of the 7hi). I won teh action at a pretty good price, and sent the money. Let message I got from the guy was that it'd arrive in 2 days. Nothing. He dissappeared. After filing claims with e-bay, they did nothing. I learned a $525 lesson those days. Now, you'd think I'd never e-bay again! But, out of all my bids, it was my first fraud. From WW2 memrobelia to Star Wars items I've gotten quite a lot of e-bay, but I'll never purchase a camera from e-bay again UNLESS it's from one of those mass seller stores that can be trusted.

6. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    The worst for me was ebay. Although I'm starting to get back into ebaying again, I'm now a cautious bidder and $525 poorer. It happened when I first was trying to get the Dimage 7i (younger brother of the 7hi). I won teh action at a pretty good price, and sent the money. Let message I got from the guy was that it'd arrive in 2 days. Nothing. He dissappeared. After filing claims with e-bay, they did nothing. I learned a $525 lesson those days. Now, you'd think I'd never e-bay again! But, out of all my bids, it was my first fraud. From WW2 memrobelia to Star Wars items I've gotten quite a lot of e-bay, but I'll never purchase a camera from e-bay again UNLESS it's from one of those mass seller stores that can be trusted.

7. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Whoa Britt - that sucks! I try to limit my ebay bids to 10 bucks or so, plus shipping.

I had only one Best Buy horror story - but I've blanked it out now.

Peace,
    Jim

8. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
  9. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Ha ha Star Trek sucks! Well except for Picard...meow! [face_laugh]

10. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Kirk is the best. Goes to war against the best of them and makes out with the blue alien chick :)

Heh, I remember when the original Star Trek vs Star Wars debates started on Usenet. Everyone was arguing about lasers and phasers and blasters and shields. Then, one bright individual brought up the size differences. Then everyone started to argue how Kirk was cooler than this or that character. Ah, funny stuff.

If you have a chance, check out TFN's humor section. There was a link in there about Luke in his X-Wing running into the Enterprise. Pretty funny.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Of course, as soon as Enterprise goes to warp, the Star Destroyer won't be able to catch it.

12. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Best Buy sucks.

Star Trek sucks except for the Fantasy Island dude in Wrath of Kahn with the bugs in the ears.

I bet George Lucas could beat up Gene Roddenberry any day of the week.

If you are reading this George, I will do it for you for a part in Episode III. I would like to be a Jedi but I would settle to be a clone trooper or a senator.

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    LordJedi, don't forget that Star Destroyers can go into hyperspace also ;)

14. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Star Destroyers (and other Star Wars vehicles) go into Hyperspace. Star Trek uses Warp speed and warp drives. If I'm not mistaken, there is a subtle, yet big difference between the two. I think Hyperspace is actually a mirror of real space, but you're like outside of space or something. Whereas Warp speed is normal space, but faster than light.

So yes, the Star Destroyer could try to follow, but in Star Trek, you can use weapons while at warp and see other ships. In Star Wars, I don't think you can use weapons or see other ships until you drop out of hyperspace.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh so George reads this? lol ;) wink wink
    Ok then.....ahem....

WHY THE HE-double hockey sticks aren't there going to be movies 7-9??? You only said you would make them in a billion interviews, I mean it's a trivial pursuit question for God's sake.

Oh and the lead needs to be Luke's daughter who turns out to be the REAL chosen one, etc. And yes, I am available to play her in movies 7-9. ;)

lol ok ok enough with the fantasy here...
    Seriously though, still think we are being robbed movie wise.
    GRRR....ARGH! :mad:

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Heh, nice Buffy reference.

I just heard on the news that Bush wants to fund research into nuclear powered rockets for a manned mission to mars. Instead of taking 6 months to get there, they'd be able to get it down to 2. I think that is just fantastic. The only problems they mentioned were the loss of bone mass, muscle, and radiation that long trips in space would cause. Of course, if Congress approves the funds, they'll have 7 to 8 years to figure everything out. Fantastic!

17. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Excuse me, I forgot those differences... (Rolls eyes). I pay attention to the Star Trek basics, not in depth! If we really want to be picky, I could say that travelling starship in hyperspace/warpspeed have to watch out for the Z-Space, which contains the 'mass' that the animorphs shed when morphing into a smaller creature ;)

18. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    To Mars in only 2 months? Wow - sign me up to go!

Went to Fullerton Museum to see the 'Barsoom To Blade Runner' sci-fi exhibit. It is fantastic! They have a spacesuit from '2001', Uhura's red uniform (short, short skirt) from ST, and too much more you all should check out. In a small theater is a video narated by Mark Hamill which is also neat. :D
    Exhibit runs through the 26th, museum open every day except monday, from noon -4 PM (thursday open till 8 PM).

FYI - Roddenberry passed away in 1991, so guess anyone could take him now.

19. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well I'm back. Sorry I forgot to tell everyone I was going to be gone this weekend. I went to Vegas with the wife and met up with some family that was there. Had alot of fun and lost money, but oh win some lose some.... I hope everyones weekend was a blast!! I know mine was!

20. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Welcome back, SRB! Vegas sounds likle a blast. No one believes me when I say I've never been there. When they build a SW theme hotel, I'll have to go for sure.

So it's the Bucs and the Raiders in the SB, as I hoped. (Palpatine's Imperial Guards Vs. Vader's Tie Pilots?) On theforce main page was a mention of an Oakland fan called Darth Raider!

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Check out the Buccs webpage here for a LOTR style tribute.

22. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
  23. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Lord jedi - that Bucs Lords of the Ring animation is way cool!:) Can't wait for the game to start!

24. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i have finals this week and next week so i'll be gone til friday next week.

please keep my family in your prayers. my grandmother passed on monday the 13th. her birthday would have been the 18th. my gandfather, mother and brother ar the most broken over the loss. Also, for those who remember, my mom is still in a cast from breaking her leg and is feeling really helpless right now. i missed all last week from funeral planingof school from funeral planing and i have a bunch of make up work to do right in the middle of finals week and i'm really stressed. thanks.

25. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    im so sorry DA; my wife, i and renee will say a prayer for you and your family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.