main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ~*Official social thread*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    You can count on my families prayers too.

I knew Roddenberry was dead but if we could go back in time to 77 when episode IV came out. Lucas would beat Roddenberry to a bloody pulp.

Star Trek sucks because all they have is stupid phasers and Star Wars has lightsabers.

The Millenium Falcon made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. I think it could smoke the Enterprise by a mile. Warp Schmarp.

The mighty Chewbacca alone could beat up everyone on the Enterprise.

Slave 1 could beat the Enterprise in a fight with one of those sonic charges.

Fett vs. Spock? Spock wouldn't be able to do those Nova voiceovers anymore after Fett's done with him.

Bottom line, Star Wars Rules, Star Trek sucks.

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Aaron :p

No really, I don't like Star Trek. It sucks. Star Wars RULES! BUT....I have been known to watch STNG repeats ;)

And I have to say...what about Worf? I think Chewie would kick Worf's butt, but....can't forget to mention him.

That and Picard is a sexy beast!
    Not Luke/Han/orAnakin quality by ANY means, BUT...he's Lando worthy. (Not quite a top 10 fave of mine, but a high 8+)

Batman was on the other night and apparently it had been SO long since I had seen it, I had forgotten who was in it. I was watching and I was like, HEY! THERE'S LANDO :p

Gotta love Billy Dee. Such a stud.

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I saw it last night to and I had forgotten how much I really do LOVE the theme song. It is so great! Not as great as Star Wars, but still REALLY REALLY good!

Must remember to buy soundtrack and DVD.

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    D_Avery, my families prayers go out to you and yours...

A friend showed me a taped segment from the Conan O'Brien show -- where SW fans were in line for Ep. 2, and a Trekkie dressed as Mr. Spock went up to them and gave them his version of the Vulcan hand greeting (but with only one finger - what a geek-wad!)

Aaron - it's OK to bash Trek (myself, I hate DS9 and Voyager to death), but Roddenberry the man was a pilot in the Pacific Theatre against Japan in WW2, was a Los Angeles Police officer, and later, when most people think only of retiring, started a third career in Television writing and producing.
    He was a modern Renaissance man!

Peace,
    Jim :D

5. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Guess the Force wasn't with Darth-Raider on Sunday! Raiders looked like they were trying to lose - very awful.

Only the SB commercials made watching any fun at all.

D_R

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    ok...enough trek bashing. just for the record star trek was here way before GL even thought of doing SW. it is even possible that without ST there may have been no SW. each is in thier own universe. they should not be compared. sure there are trekkies, but there are warsies....[hey, i made a word] also. both movie followings have those who go to excess [hey, i like to wear a jedi costume, go figure] each genre is special and each has its good and bad points. i like both. as far as GR is concerned he was a genius. not that GL isnt one too. GR broke a lot of rules that allowed all of us to have a better life today. he was a visionary. [ok, i will get off my soap box now].

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    it is even possible that without ST there may have been no SW.

I take issue with that. Star Trek was put into repeats very soon. And if Star Wars hadn't come out in 1977, a Star Trek movie would have never been made. That is a fact. Paramount saw the success of Star Wars and decided to let Roddenberry go ahead and make a movie. The first movie was suppose to be the pilot of a new season/series of Star Trek. It's amazing, but the original Star Trek series only ran for 3 seasons. I was shocked when I found that out.

But I do agree with everything else you said Don.

8. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    thanks; one point though...it did run something like 78 episodes...thats still a lot and it did open the eyes of a lot of people regarding sci-fi...and although certainly not the first sci-fi series [i used to watch "space patrol" in black and white] it was certainly better than its competition...groan...lost in space.

9. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I enjoy the series. I really like that Bird of Prey! Awesome ship! I love it when it has it's wings in the causal or landing position. Looks very sleek.

I didn't realize GR was a pilot in WW2. Adds a big notch of extra respect in my book.

10. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    The boards have taken on a real 'broken link' look to them...is it just me?

11. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Actually the funny thing is that my friends were making fun of me for going to star wars club at school, and they called me a trekkie. So I said, "Dude, I'm a warsie :p

I swear to God I did! :D

12. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Don, IMHO 'Warsie' kind of sounds like promoting wars (like Bush?) Us fans got to come up with something distinctive, yet uplifting.

How about 'Jedites' - or just Jedis and Imperials?

My first week working at an eye doctor's office has gone well. It is always busy, so I won't get bored soon.

Peace,
    Jim

13. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Congrats KGJ on the first week...that's always the hardest...then around 90 days when you get your review :) I'm sure you'll do fine though...

14. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Thanks Dewgod, and Good Luck on your job situation/schedule!

15. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Boba MP, if you read Roddenberry's Bio, its all in there about him piloting B-17's in the Pacific. He crashed once on an island and almost didn't get back.

I love original Trek as much as SW. Like Don says, they are 2 separate times/galaxies.

"A Long Time Ago...

... In A Galaxy Far, Far Away"

16. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Well, just to update you and the few that care... Wherehouse filed Chapter 11 last Tuesday and I was laid off the following Friday. So, I'm hoping this is a blessing in disguise. We shall see. :) Thankfully they play Sportscenter back to back to back all night. :)

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    We don't need a name like "Trekkie" or "Trekker". We're just Star Wars fans. We don't need anything else to describe us :)

18. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    LJ...you are right...im proud to call my self a star wars fan, prouder yet to be a member of our fan force. all you guys [and girls] are the best!

may the force be with you,

zhi-don

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Funiest thing I ever saw was that movie/documentary called "Trekkers" I believe. It's hosted by Denise Crosby? I think that's her name. The blond chick that was on some eps of SNTNG.
    It's hilarious! I loved the dentist office that required all the staff to wear costumes and the entire office was designed like Star Trek....ONLY PROBLEM...They had an R2 in it! :p I was like HEY! What's going on here! ;)

20. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    does any one remember battle star Galactica? i realize it only did one season and a couple of specials but i love watching the re-runs on SciFi. there's no way i could bash star trek....i grew up on the stuff but star wars will always be my first love!

thank you for your prayers. they are very much appreciated! THANK GOD FINALS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. marooned

marooned Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    "Trekkers" is a hoot. Those Klingons eating at Burger King, and that cross-dressing guy are toooooo much wackiness!

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I suppose by now you all heard that we lost another Space Shuttle this morning:

Space Shuttle Columbia Tragedy :(

I think Trekkers is hilarious. I also like StarWoids a lot. One of the SDSWS members was in StarWoids. He is the jawa whose eye keeps falling off. He is of course - JawaJames. :D

23. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Please keep the Star Wars Club advisor at Darth Avery's and my school who suffered a brain aneurysym late last night in your prayers. :(

24. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    my wife, renee and i will keep him in our prayers. please pray for the family of our old church friend bill, who died last night. he was 87 and had lived a good life, but he will be missed.

25. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Your friends are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Please send a "May the Force be with you" for me and my wife Kara. She is under much work-related stress, and I had a minor vehicle accident. All around, been a bad week.

Peace,
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.