main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ~*Official social thread*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariana_the_RPG_Chick

Ariana_the_RPG_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    boo for Hayden hooray for Orlie!! *ducks a punch fom D_A*

When I first saw Hayden on TV I thought his Adam's Apple was gonna jump out of the screen and hit me. IT WAS HUGE! (ok that was cold, but true c'mon!)
    The Silmarillion (sp?) i'm reading that. Kinda confusing cause each person has like 4 names and they use them interchangeably throughout the story and i have a horible memory. But it's LOTR and I love it.

And Hayden too :)

2. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    congratulations aurra...i hope they are a star wars fan...my big vacation is in feb of 2003...friend has a time share condo in oceanside...a whole week off...yahoo! uh...oh i forgot no will do my accounts while im off...i will have to catch up on whole weeks worth of work...blast!

3. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Greetings and Salutations,

Well, I just spent the last 20 minutes reading this thread and I'm really really bored at work...it's now 3:20am and I've been here since 9:30 and will be here till 8:30. I saw LOTR awile back, didn't impress me all that much, got many more chills at AOTC. Have seen AOTC three times, last time in digital at the Chinese. I haven't been able to go back since then..guess I don't want to sully it or something by seeing it in a cruddy theater. Umm...rode home from C2 with the people who did "SW in 30". Fun bunch of people. Anyone reading the Infinities comic? Is that not the best thing in the world or not? Did anyone else see that f'd up Poke-former: Armada thing on Cartoon Network? Sad...just sad... Thankfully He-Man more then redeemed it. But I'm just babbling because I have 15 more minutes before I actually start working. Oh, I live in Long Beach so I'm not offically OC but I love being different so there ya are. :)So.... umm.... hi :) Oh.. LordJedi, "If you cut me do I not bleed Mt. Dew? I ask you..." :)

4. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    hey Zhi-Don! Accounts Receivable Clerk here! I hate end of month, but thank God my work is done early and I don't do financials so...anyway...

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Hey DewGod! Uh, about the Mt. Dew thing, I don't get it. Besides that I love Mt. Dew :)

One other thing. LOTR didn't impress you?! I got more than what I expected out of that movie. Of course, if I had stayed spoiler free for AOTC I probably would've had plenty of chills during it too, but I didn't. I didn't really get any chills from LOTR since I had already read the book (the first one at the time anyway). That being said, since they are two completely different genres, I believe they are both just as good as the other. I am now a HUGE fan of both LOTR and SW (though, SW always gets my attention first :)).

6. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi jedi janie; [raises arm for hand slap]im in accounts receivable too...small world eh?
    well at least month end is over...i wonder how our aging did...looking forward to meeting you...have a great weekend

7. Admiral_Donuts

Admiral_Donuts Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    The line, "If you cut me, do I not bleed..." is from Shakespeare, maybe. It was also used in an old Star Trek ep, if my memory circuits avail me...

LOTR seems to be Star Wars for a new generation - it certainly is for my teenage daughter. When you compare them, there are some common things to be found in "Wizard of Oz", SW, and LOTR (a wizard in each, for one!)
    "That wizard's just a crazy old man!" (Uncle Owen in ANH)

8. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi AD; yes the line was used in star trek 6 the undiscovered country...i agree about LOTR...but i grew up with it so its a return to my childhood as well...nice after the disappointment of the LOTR cartoon...ralph bakshi tried...but...now its looks so real who can blame the kids...or me?

9. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    yeah!!
    i'm back!
    soccer tourney in Capo sucked!!
    we lost all of our games...
    the temp got up to 110 and humidity was at 70%

we were dying!!!
    but i survived!!!!! *halelulia*

so howsit going w/ my oc homies!?!?!?!?

10. Keijaa_Halcyon

Keijaa_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    well we felt it down here also although it only got up to about 90. my gf and i were miserable yesterday when we went out to luch on our bikes.

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear that D_A. Doing prety good for the weekend so far. Getting ready for the big family BBQ. I can't wait I can already taste the BBQ sauce.

12. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    i'm going to D_A's house for her grandpa BBQ.
    he's the best cook ever...he's like Emeril or sumthin'

BAM

13. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    "news flash" weekend update: fridays movies were great, but my friend thought "blade" was too gory...saturdays robe fitting went really well...will be done thursday...bought a deluxe jedi costume to go with the robe i already have...going to loan it to my best friends son...he wants to be my padawan learner...bbq on sunday went well...dungeons and dragons game was fun...no one died..although now they are sewer crawling...yuck...today wife is working on my outer jedi tunic...im working on my boots...thats about all for now...bye all

14. Admiral_Donuts

Admiral_Donuts Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Last Sunday was so dang hot, thought I had materialized on planet Vulcan (or the lava planet we might see in Ep3?)
    Felt the quake monday night... Would be neat if Dodgers and Angels were in a Freeway World Series, but then would worry about a repeat of the SF/Oakland Bay Series (Jerry Lee Lewis sings, 'A whole lotta shakin' going on').

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Yes, a Freeway World Series would be great! And I agree it was way too hot this weekend.

16. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    i think we should all go see ST: Nemisis!!! and LotR:T2T

17. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    hey..i'm vice president of the SW club at my school and i thought it would be cool if we got involved with the ocff....so far i'm the only one from my school but be looking for a bunch of new teenagers.......i think our first meeting is next week. i'll keep u all posted.

good idea Kyps!

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Hehe, once again I've got my plans set ahead of everyone else. I plan on being in line for the midnight showing of TTT around 9 or 10am. Going to be lining up at Big Newport most likely with the guys I know from www.bignewport.com.

However, I have no plans right now for ST:Nemesis, so that sounds like a great idea.

EDIT: WRT LOTR being a new generations Star Wars, that is probably correct. I do love them both, but Star Wars will always be first for me. I really just wish I had been introduced to the novels (LOTR) before last year. I can't believe how good the story is. And yes, the animated show was...um...well...horrible at best IMO. And the worst part was when the orcs sang in Return of the King. Ugh, I nearly lost my lunch.

19. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    ok...i have to put up some defense for the cartoons. 1. they were the best they could do at the time. 2. they do follow the plot line and return of the king gives closure to the lord of the rings cartoon. 3. they allowed a lot of people to be introduced to lord of the rings and hobbits in particular.
    i have all three and enjoy them. anyone else want to comment. i would like to get together as a group for both TT and ST:N

20. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I have all three cartoon LOTRs also [face_laugh] I think they are funny, especially with all he singing :p

and i definitely would like to go see TTT and ST: Nemesis with everyone. I definitely want to see those movies. :)

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, maybe I was a little harsh. They aren't horrible, I just could barely stand the Orcs singing that song. Another friend of mine loves that song. I did like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings a little, but Return of the King just didn't seem as good.

22. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    thats ok LJ, got my jedi robes tonight...boy are they nice! i will bring them either to LA for the skit or the meeting on sunday or both. looking forward to see you all.

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Well if Friday morning and I am don't have to work today. I think I'll sit around and watch the Epi. 1 4 5 & 6 today. :D

24. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    WOW the boards are quiet tonite!!! i guess ppl have better things to do.

25. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    I 2nd Kyps_dozen's idea for us to go see ST10: Nemesis and LOTR2 (and anyone want to see the new 'Solaris' when it comes out?)

Just darn glad that weather is a (little) cooler in daytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.