main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Official St. Louis Cardinals 2002 Season Thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Another.Sky.Walk.er.., Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    Here we go!

Here is an official thread to talk about the Cardinals during this 2002 season.

April 1st started the beginning of the baseball season for the Cardinals with a 10-2 win over the Colorado Rockies!!!!

My sister and her husband want me go to to a game with them on June 16th for Albert Pujols Bobble Head Doll Day against KC.
    Sounds like Fun!!!!

I want to try to go to at least 3 games this year.

2. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    YAY!! :D

We try to go to at least one game every year. My brother is a big fan.

Personlly, I go for the nachos!

3. turqjade

turqjade Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    uh. did we win the other day?

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    read the first post hun ;)

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Is tonight's game over yet? Last I checked, the Cards were losing, 6-0.

6. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Jan 24, 2000
    Now it is 6-1 at the bottom of the 8th.
    :(

7. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Jan 24, 2000
    They lost 6-3 yesterday and today a 6-1 loss.

Looks like the pitchers need warm up a bit or at least the weather. I can't wait till for the 70's again.(the tempature not the styles)

8. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Jan 24, 2000
    This is a sad week for Cardinals Baseball.
    2 deaths of people of the Cardinal organization. It is a shock to all Cardinals fans everywhere.

:_|

I think it is brave that they go on and play the gmae scheduled for tonight despite yesterday's tragedy.

9. TATOOINEFARMGIRL

TATOOINEFARMGIRL Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2002
    Nice idea for a thread! :) Yes, it was very brave that the Cardinals played even with the emotions they are having to deal with. All in all, they've got a great ball-club this year, they just need a little more luck!
    My dad and I usually get to about 5 games a year...but we haven't been yet this season...hopefully soon. Is anyone else a Bud Smith fan? I know, yeah, he's ended up with the loss for 5 games, but don't boo me and throw rotten tomatoes :D I think he's got talent; he just needs some backup help!!!

10. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I've been to two games already, but they were in KC for the Royals/Cards series two weeks ago. I love Kauffman Stadium. I hope if they do end up doing a new park that it resembles that set up.

11. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey Hollie, WATSSSUP!!!

Well, some of the Cards Pitcher stop the bar I work at this past week at. It was fun. at the same time,is very sad to lose to members of the organization in the same week. My heart goes with them.

12. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I did not notice that I had so many errors when I typed this, so here goes what I really wanted to type was... some of the Cardinals Pitcher's stop by the bar I work at this past week. It was really fun. At the same time,is very sad to lose 2 members of the organization in the same week. My heart goes with them.

13. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, Roomie! Glad I checked on this thread. Hope everythin's going good with you.

Well, I may not be a baseball fan, but it's always sad for a young man to die like that. But Jack Buck's death really made me cry. I grew up listening to him, and his voice is just a part of St. Louis to me. I'll be missing him.

14. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey Steph, WATSUP!!!

Good to hear from you again.

15. Jedi_master_15

Jedi_master_15 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    the only problem i see with the cardinals is their 4 and 5 spot in their rotation. They need to aquire atleast one starter before the trade deadline. Matt Morris is fine and so is woddy williams and Jason simatachhi. but bud and travis smith are not complete starters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.