main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Official STAR WARS EN DIRECT (SWD) thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sith_Messenger, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Messenger

Sith_Messenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    What is Star Wars en Direct?
    Star Wars en Direct (SWD) which translate to "Star Wars LIVE" is a LIVE web based radio show where the hosts discuss different SW subjects, make reviews and interviews with differents SW personnalities. The listners are welcome to participate LIVE during the show in our Chatroom or by interacting via the phone or the message board. We sometime offer prizes to be won by LIVE listners. Shows are usually 2 to 3 hours long and are aired LIVE on weekends. The show is broadcast (in french) since January 2001 and was inspired by the late Jeditalk radio show. SWD as evolved since then into a more commercial radio show feel with musical and sponsor breaks. Now the french and english show are aired separately the same day.

2. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    Star Wars en Direct#39 - Sunday November 2nd 2003 - 7PM Eastern

How the Star Wars Universe has influence your life?

On this show, we are asking the question, How the Star Wars Universe has influence your life? (Good or Bad). Did it opened up new passions for you? Did it influence some decision you made in your life?, etc. Send us your stories and/or experiences at studio@swendirect.com or down below in this topic.

As a secondary topic, we would like to know if you have some crazy theory of explanation (funny or serious) about the Star Wars Universe. We will discuss those on the air. No Episode III theory or spoiler please.

We will only take messages from this board that have been posted before the beginning of the show. Thanks.

http://www.swendirect.com/index_en.htm

3. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    it's helped me become in touch w/ my dark geek side. also, it's made me proud to be a Jedi. i've made friends with people i never woyuld have spoken to before because -- they like star wars too! Star Wars gaming has introduced me to the pleasures of old-school arcade games. reading SW novels led to my exploring more sci-fi/fantasy, now my favorite genre.

on a more serious note, my study of "The Force" has led to much soul-searching and contemplation. curious, I studied some Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Hinduism. comparing them to the faith i grew up on, I discovered the universal truths in their many forms in all religions and creeds. I am a better person because of it.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I don't think I'm going to have time to record a NR segment for this episode, guys. If you want to call during the discussion or whatnot, you could do that, though.

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    All right Nathan, we'll see if we can call you for a little rumbling.

6. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    The French show starts in about one hour

7. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    30 minutes and counting untill the english show

8. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    Thanks to the listeners, the archives should be up shortly.

9. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    The Archive is available

10. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    If you live in the Montreal Area (Canada) this could be of interest.

Star Wars en Direct Special Edition #4 - November 14-15-16th, 2003
    ---------------------------------------------
    Star Wars en Direct at SFX Montreal
    This weekend we invite the Star Wars fans to come and meet us at the Palais des Congres in Montreal (Canada) for the 2003 Sci-Fi Expo. This special edition SWD show will be recorded on the convention floor and will be about Star Wars, fans and Sci-Fi in general.

The show will unfortunately not be broadcasting Live on the internet because we won't have a connection from the convention floor.

The exact time for the show is not yet determined, so come and meet us at one of the rare Sci-Fi convention in Montreal.

Note: Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Bruce Jones (SW Comics) and Jeff Cioletti (fanfilm Silent but Deadly 1 & 2 and documentary Millenium's End, The Fandom Menace) will be at the convention.

Come and meet us this weekend !

11. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    Our live show at the SFX Con went well. We had interviews with Jeff Cioletti, Bruce Jones, James Armstrong (Con organizer).

We also had an interview with Peter Mayhew, but it was recorded off the air and will be inserted in an upcoming show.

The show is available at http://www.swendirect.com

12. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Cool stuff. Got a news byte up for ya.

13. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    Star Wars en Direct #6 - November 30th, 2003
    ============================================
    The last NJO novel : The Unifying Force
    On this show we will be discussing the last novel of the New Jedi Order serie and speculations on the possible post-NJO continuity. For those who have read that novel, we invite you to send us your reviews, post-NJO speculations or discuss the book directly on the phone with us. Send us your reviews and/or phone number at studio@swendirect.com so we can call you live during the show.

We're waiting for your comments!

During the second part of the show we will air the interview we made with Peter Mayhew during SFX convention in Montreal (Canada).

Don't forget that if you want to discuss a topic with us live on the phone during our show, send us you number by e-mail. We will call you. Listen to the show live for a more interactive experience.

Live Broadcast at 7PM Eastern !

14. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    New addition to the next show (SWD#06)...

In the third part of the show, we will be discussing the new additions in the Star Wars Galaxies game with our SWG panelist. You have questions? Send them to us.

15. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Thanks to everyone who listened and participated tonight. The archive should be up on tuesday.

16. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    The wait is over!! :)

The archives For our French (SWD#40) and our English show (SWD#06) are available for download on our website (www.swendirect.com). We've discussed Ep3 and Misc. SW News, The Unifying Force, the new updates in Star Wars Galaxies and our community update. We also broadcasted the Peter Mayhew interview we made at the SFX convention in Montreal (Canada) two weeks ago.

On our next show, December 14th, we will be discussing the first 10 episodes of the Clone Wars Micro-Series. More details on the complete line-up are coming up next week. But you can already send your comments on the first half of the Clone Wars series by e-mail at studio@swendirect.com

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'll be getting up your news byte later tonight.

And, MAN, I have GOT to get in on the Dec. 14 episode! I wrote reviews of all the CW:MS episodes for T'Bone's!

::Nathan is hyped up::

18. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    No problem Nathan. We will call you if you are available.

19. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    This year's finale!

Star Wars en Direct #07 - December 14th, 2003
    Clone Wars, the Epic Micro-Series : Part 1,
    On this show we will be discussing the first 10 episodes of the Clone Wars Micro-Series aired last month on Cartoon Network. For those who saw the first 10 episodes, we invite you to send us your reviews (good or bad) or discuss directly on the phone with us. Send us your reviews and/or phone number at studio@swendirect.com so we can call you live during the show. We're waiting for your comments!

During the second part of the show, we've decided to discuss with our listeners on "open topic". You are free to discuss with us or ask questions on anything related to Star Wars (without spoilers). We'll do our best to give our opinion.

Don't forget that if you want to discuss a topic with us live on the phone during our show, send us you number by e-mail. We will call you. Listen to the show live for a more interactive experience.

You can leave your reviews and/or comments on the first half of the series in this tread.

20. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Hey guys, just in the process of listening to episode 6 on the English side of things, and I would like to say that the shows are getting better and better. Also, thanks for the mention of Requiem of the Outcast. We appreciate it.

21. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    The one thing that struck me as a Jedi costumer was Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor! What a great look! The brown cape/robe billowing out behind was awesome

22. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey don't steal my mentions ^_^

be sure to tune in to the show,

I've got special little extras for this end of year show.

chat with you later.

23. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    SWD#07 is available since monday. Sorry for the late heads-up.

24. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    Star Wars en Direct #08 - January 4th, 2004
    The year 2003 in review
    On this show the hosts will be doing a review of what happened in the Star Wars Universe during 2003. From a tentative Episode III storyline, the NJO Serie, the Hyperspace Service, the Star Wars Galaxies game to the SW Kid and more, we will be giving our own opinions and hearing some of yours. We invite you to send us what was the most significant event that happened in the Star Wars Universe in 2003 from your point of view. Send us your comments and/or phone number at studio@swendirect.com so we can read or call you live during the show.

We will also have a Live Mystery Guest (SW Author) who will give us some comments on the NJO Serie. You want to ask him some questions? Listen to us Live and be in the chatroom when we'll have him on the phone.

There's more! Since this is our first show of the year, we want to celebrate 2004 by giving our Live listeners the chance to win a "McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - Fans' Choice #4" figure. Be there in the SWD Chatroom during the Live show to win!

Don't forget that if you want to discuss a topic with us Live on the phone during our show, send us you number by e-mail. We will call you. Listen to the show Live for a more interactive experience.

25. Sith_Messenger

Jun 27, 2002
    The archives are up!

Here's what you missed on the eighth show :

- Tribute to Chanel C. Vanecek from San Franciso FanForce
    - The tentative Episode III storyline
    - The year 2003 in review
    - Interview with our Mystery Author Troy Denning. (upcoming Post NJO-Trilogy informations)
    - Comments from fans
    - Thing coming up in 2004
    - Star Wars Galaxies Segment : the vehicles
    - More "confirmed" rumors on Star Wars Celebration III
    - Community Update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.