main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards On TV Tonight!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    From TFN:

AtomFilms has teamed up with Lucasfilm and SCI FI Channel to put together a one-hour TV special about Star Wars spoofs created by fans and independent filmmakers. It premieres on Sunday night.

Why should you watch?

a) The show is hosted by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, etc), and he's a funny guy

b) George Lucas makes a special appearance

c) The films are good

d) Star Wars Episode II comes out this week and you need to start using the Force

e) It's only an hour and what else are you doing on Sunday night?

f) SCI Fi is basic cable so it's not like you'll have to pay

Anyway, here is the info you need:

THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS FAN FILM AWARDS
    SCI-FI Channel
    Sunday, May 12, 8pm (every time zone) ... it will also be showing later in the month

2. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    im not happy.... the worst film won.....

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I wasn't happy either. They didn't show the Fan Films in thier entirety, and they only showed the winners. I guess we just have to go to Atom Films and download the others ourselves. I enjoyed watching the E! Premier of Episode II from the Graumans Chinese Theatre though (just ended a little while ago).

4. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I was really hoping "Your Lightsaber and You" would win something. My friend and I have been calling each other Jedi Master Flash and P-Darth ever since we saw it! What a great little flick. What on earth was GL smoking when he picked Xmas Tauntauns????

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't know why he picked Christmas Tauntauns either. Did anyone tape the show? I'd still like to get a copy of it as Kevin Smith was pretty funny as usual and they had some footage from the Celebration in Indianapolis on the show as well.

6. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I taped it.

7. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I didnt' watch the show, but I saw the fan film awards at C2. In the film, George said he picked Christmas Tauntauns because it used technology to tell a heartwarming story or something like that. He said it was the one that was mostly in the spirit of Star Wars.

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    maybe someone should bring a tape of it to the next meeting, and we can skip through the ones weve already seen....

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Good idea James... I want to see it again!

10. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I didn't see it, though i would difinitely like to. This would be a great thing to watch next meeting.

11. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    sounds good!

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ok, so i caught it last night (monday) on sci-fi....

i liked Christmas Tauntauns...

i also like that "jawas gone wild" ad
    i wonder why

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.