1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Forces of Destiny Official Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Diego Lucas Jedi Knight

star 3
  2. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
  3. Diego Lucas Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. AndrewPascoe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looking forward to this. Hopefully the 2D animation is top notch.
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Meeko Ghintee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Kinda a bummer they'll only be 3 minutes but still interesting concept. I like that they're not limited by any one particular era or set of characters.
  6. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    Micro-series worked well enough with that runtime, and this series isn't by the guy who loves going as long as he can without dialogue, so I'm sure they'll cram a good amount of stuff into each short. :p
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Apr 12, 2017
  7. StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is going to be awesome! And it's canon, which is cool. Although I'm kinda disappointed they somewhat spoiled the fate of Hera, since she is alive during ROTJ. Was thinking maybe she didn't make it out of Scarif alive. But I'm super excited they got Felicity back for Jyn! Jon's one of my favorite characters, and to see more of her is a good thing!
    Last edited by StarWarsFreak93, Apr 12, 2017
    Loth-cat and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  8. zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    Also gotta appreciate the fact that when it starts airing on TV it'll be on the actual Disney Channel. Possibly a good sign if there's another full-length show coming as well.
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. Meeko Ghintee Jedi Knight

star 2
    So one short is gonna be Jyn and Cassian escaping Scarif right?
  11. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Hera and Leia team up????????? This is almost all I've ever wanted!!!! So excited for this series and I hope they try to tell more of Ahsoka's story from the Clone Wars in this!!
  12. General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm super excited about this. Not just for my own nerdom, but for the little ones who might discover star wars through this series. I really hope it does well, going through the Disney channel might ensure that.

I also hope they'll do more stories next year considering we're getting a couple more girls in the next 13 months from TLJ and Han Solo.
  13. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    I'm super excited for this, but honestly really getting sick of people complaining about how Star Wars had so many female leads. I for one love it. Nearly every comment on that preview is of some male crying about sexism or lack of male leads or something. It's so ridiculously hypocritical and makes me so annoyed. If this was a show focused on the male characters there wouldn't be any of that and that's just so sad to me.....

But oh well right? I'm sure it'll be pretty great and I'll do my best to ignore those people, I'm really looking forward to this and whatever else they plan to reveal at celebration over the next few days!
  14. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    You must not read Youtube comments. That leads to the dark side. :ben:
  15. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 6
  16. Darth Droid Jedi Knight

star 1
    This looks amazing. This is an awesome opportunity to get more stories about characters from all across the saga.
  17. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    I guess I just like torturing myself. Besides from driving me crazy, it's interesting to see how people could think those things if nothing else. Oh well I guess they'll just have to suffer, which is fine by me :)
    CoolyFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  18. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    Meh.

Would have preferred a short series about a Clone Commando squad. Focus on new characters or the briefly shown Delta Squad of TCW.

But market wise, it does make sense to focus on characters that many fans already know about and are more popular.
    Last edited by StarWarsFan91, Apr 12, 2017
    podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor Jedi Master

star 4
    Even if it's only for three minutes, it'll be great to see Sabine star in something without Ezra's supervision. Nice.
  20. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    A lot of popular IPs have been doing this, notably Pokemon "Generations". They get millions of views per video for animated shorts.
    Last edited by Darth_Accipiter, Apr 12, 2017
  21. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sadly I don't think its focusing on any male characters.

1 would have been good. Why not a short about Luke Skywalker during the OT or post-RoTJ pre-TFA?

Such as seeing him get parts to build his green lightsaber.
    Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    Yeah, I didnt want to be that guy, but where are the heroes? Definitely plenty of heroines.
  23. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Wars has a male majority when it comes to heroes, so I do see why this show has a strong female emphasize. However one short about a famous man (or 2) would have been a good idea. Picture a short about a pre-TCW Anakin and his relationship with Obiwan. Or getting to see Qui-gon Jinn and a young Obiwan together.
  24. Lord Sith Harloxzz Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Looks very weird I prefer a series like Clone Wars 2D instead of this honestly
    vong333 and podjazd like this.
  25. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Just cause it's focused on the female characters doesn't mean there won't be any male characters.