main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    ...rogueish bisexuals engaged in an ongoing affair between kooky misadventures, all behind the back of one's abusive lover?

I like where you're going with this

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wow. I haven't visited this thread in a day or so and it appears as though the G-rated FOD shorts have somehow evolved into a more mature discussion.

3. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    The Clone Wars micro series was about 2 hours (maybe a little less) in its entirety so I am guessing they will wait until there is at least that much worth of Forces of Destiny before they see a physical media release.

4. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    My 2 year old watched the entire series on Youtube and she loved it. She was mesmerised. That gives the series a clear win in my eyes. My own complaints as a Star Wars fan come from a grown man for whom this series was not marketed for and I temper those complaints with that realisation.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. Psychenous

Jan 13, 2017
    Those complaints though were mostly to do with the Wampa episode and the Jyn Erso one. I didn't like the Erso short because it was way out of her character in that time of her life to stick her neck out for anyone and she would especially not have given her real name.
    My issue with the Wampa episode was that I didn't think Leia in that period of her life would have done any of the things she did in that short with that kind of ease and tenacity. We are talking about the person who only a few days later screamed when she saw a mynock touch a window. Now we are suddenly seeing her tackling a giant wampa that just incapacitated a full grown wookiee. This wamap also happened to be of the same species that knocked Luke, a Jedi who was in training for about three years, out cold and almost ate him. I don't buy it. The grown Leia of Return of the Jedi, the Sequel Trilogy, or even the later books of the EU maybe. But not as she was in TESB. At that time she was more of a tactical leader than a fighter.
    But as I said this series was not for my demographic. It was catered to young girls and that is a good thing. So I don't take these shorts too seriously like some Youtube commenters seem to and overall I did enjoy the series. And my daughter likes them which means they are doing what they are supposed to.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was in Gamestop today when I saw a man buy this special FOD doll for his daughter :)

[​IMG]

BookExogorth and cwustudent like this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My guess is it airs in the summer.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Volume 3 is airing March 25th at 9:50pm according to TVGuide. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.​

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Well that's good news.
    Hopefully they will release them all on a blu ray one day too. That would be fun to add to the SW collection of films and television series.

TCF-1138 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Forces Of Destiny shorts are back on March 19! With titles and episode descriptions.
    http://clubjade.net/forces-of-destiny-is-back-on-march-19
    Disney has announced that we can expect the next set of Forces of Destiny shorts on Monday, March 19. All eight new episodes will debut at 10:00 a.m. PT (1:00 p.m. ET) on Disney’s Youtube and Disney.com. The special will air on the Disney Channel the following Monday (March 25) at 9:50 p.m. ET/PT.

Voices include Mark Hamill (Luke), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz), Kelly Marie Tran (Rose), Tiya Sircar (Sabine), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka), Vanessa Marshall (Hera), Catherine Taber (Padmé) and Matt Lanter (Anakin).
    [​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 202 – Unexpected Company
    Upset when Ahsoka joins a mission set for just he and Padmé, Anakin puts them on a dangerous path. Working alongside the secret couple, Ahsoka helps save the day.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 201 – Hasty Departure
    Hera and Sabine liberate an Imperial shuttle only to find they have unexpected cargo – troopers!

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 204 – Jyn’s Trade
    Jyn helps a young thief learn a valuable lesson.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 203 – Shuttle Shock
    On their approach to Canto Bight, Finn and Rose learn to work together to navigate a pod of dangerous creatures.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 205 – Run Rey Run
    While scavenging inside a Star Destroyer, Rey is cornered by competition on the hunt for a valuable part.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 206 – Bounty Hunted
    Maz Kanata helps Leia, Chewbacca and R2-D2 with a clever plan to free Han from Jabba the Hutt.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 207 – The Path Ahead
    Training with Master Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah, Luke learns an important lesson.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 208 – Porg Problems
    Rey has her training interrupted by some very mischievous porgs.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Dagobahsystem and cwustudent like this.
  12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The porgs look so awesome in 2D... And Maz helped in the rescue of Han... pretty interesting.

Dagobahsystem and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Another Ahsoka/Padme episode, really?:rolleyes:
    I wanted to see Padme and Anakin alone without Ahsoka for once but the situation described in the synopsis is really the only reason I'm not completely disappointed by this.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That episode with Ahsoka and the secret couple sounds interesting; because it could explain why Ahsoka knows more about their relationship than anyone else (outside of OB1 and Palpatine).

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Next batch of episodes in May.

Dagobahsystem and cwustudent like this.
  16. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Now we see why Anakin didnt want kids. No more date adventures

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Two new screenshots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Mark voicing Luke in a canon animated show is, hopefully, a good sign for bigger things to come!

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I did not think Porgs could look cuter then they already do, but they somehow managed to do it.

20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    They sure provide much needed sustenance for a starving islander.
    Marinating them in various secret Jedi spices and herbs while roasting them over an open flame is sure to delight. [face_mischief]

cwustudent and MrDarth0 like this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Finally! [face_dancing]

22. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Can't post more than 5 videos, unfortunately.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The new episodes are great! The standard of quality and storytelling has been raised since season 1.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011