main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 12, 2017.

1. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
    Padme is missing in the video?

CoolyFett likes this.
  2. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think any new content is good news. Very cool, they are able to use the original actresses as well. I still really haven't embraced TCW or Rebels, but plan to at some point.

I do wish they would get their act together and do a live-action TV series. There is so much potential there from all the time periods (pre-TPM/PT/OT/ST). Lucas couldn't do it because it was too expensive at the time, but they don't need special effects and green screen everywhere. Game of Thrones has proven that you can create a huge TV series with special effects and pump out 10 episodes per year.

Gut feeling says they are pre-production with it and it will debut after Episode IX until they figure out what to do next.

3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Star Wars is a different beast than a medieval show. Medieval shows don't need droids, ships, blasters and laser effects, different aliens... A SW live action show would cost a good chunk of money to not have it look cheap. Personally, I think SW on TV should just be animation. You can tell any story and still get most of the great stuff in. Space battles in a live action show would probably never happen due to effects and budget.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney has mixed feelings on a live-action series, from what I've read.

5. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised there are people complaining about this, but it still seems pretty ridiculous. We've only had a million Star Wars products focused on men, what's the problem with a series focused on the galaxy's heroines? To get more stories about Ahsoka, Padme, Sabine, Hera, Rey, ect. seems like a no lose scenario to me.

I do wonder if this will finally bridge the Ahsoka Tano gap between TCW and Rebels.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, but she's mentioned in the EW article :)

CoolyFett likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This

8. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    I'm indifferent towards this project. I think it'll be fun to watch whenever a new short is uploaded but I am not necessarily pining over this. Although I am not crazy about the idea that some shorts may take place during some of the film's events and are to be considered canon. I don't mind their canon status but I have never been a fan of overlay with the films. Like the preview for Rey's short for example. That being said I'm thrilled to be getting more Ahsoka!

Side note: I was also indifferent towards the Clone Wars micro-series as first but ultimately loved it and it has become part of my head canon and is viewed alongside the 3D animated Clone Wars series. All that to say that I may very well flip my opinion on this once it is all said and done:ahsoka:

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    You should read the Ahsoka novel. It does that well.

10. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    So we're looking at 48 minutes of new animated Star Wars divided amongst three eras, that's pretty cool!

I think the heroine angle is cool, though I don't think it is a reaction to a largely male dominated past 40 years. Let's not forgot the sequel trilogy stars a female, as did Rogue One. Plus, TCW had Ahsoka and Rebels has Hera and Sabine. Plus, of course, Leia and Padme. I think Lucasfilm knows that boys will watch anything Star Wars, so putting females as the leads in this micro-series will also bring in the young girls. It has been their strategy with the past two films, so this is nothing new.

I hope we eventually see a DVD or blu of all 16 episodes. Likely a budget release like the Lego specials, but I like having canon stuff on disc.

Padme501st likes this.
  11. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks that this look like as if it was done in MS Paint? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of showing more women in SW, but they could have done better than that.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Key word from the video was "preview"

13. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

I know people are down on the animation quality, but MS Paint is way too low a comparison to make. It is likely made with Toon Boom or Flash. MS Paint does not do vector art, and is typically very jaggy.

14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    There are pictures of the adventure figures floating around on Twitter today too. I saw a tweet that had both Luke and Yoda represented.

15. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    After having read Bloodline recently, I'm really crossing my fingers for a story centered on Greer tbh. Though it would be awesome to see something with Bo-Katan or Asajj too! I'll admit I don't know what to think of the look of the animation just yet, but I am very interested to see what sort of tidbits we'll get from this.
    Also, Jyn's back, which is awesome! Been waiting for other material that highlights the exploits of the Rogue One crew.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Greer would be awesome to see.

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ahh man this is pretty cool!! They are making dolls as well?? Can finally get some girl toys for my nieces now. Definitely getting Padme and Ahsoka. Really neat idea from Disney.

18. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Try not to let that sort of thing bother you SandTroop. Its good they open the sandbox and let everyone play! Anyone with daughters or nieces will appreciate this. Im so glad they didnt just make it about the OT. FINALLY Disney FINALLY

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  19. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Daughters and nieces? Lol I'M excited for this! But yeah screw the YouTube community. I get frustrated with the people around here sometimes but this place is great compared to Youtube.

CoolyFett likes this.
  20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    YouTube is a horrific place to go to for conversation. I can't browse a single comment section of a video on TCW or Rebels without people whining about how Rebels is just so bad compared to TCW and wrongly accusing Disney of being the issue.

This is the best place for talks all about Star Wars.

21. Sluice Friggins

Sluice Friggins Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 23, 2015
    Ketsu, for real? Missed that. Hopefully they will explain how she looks all the world like an imperial spy in the Forgotten Droid episode. Alas, probably no love for Shmi.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'll take any new star wars content. This should be good. Can't wait for a blue ray and iTunes release. I think its about time that the animation expands besides the just every season of rebels.

Loth-cat likes this.
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    My only gripe with this is that I would have preferred to have Marvel come out with direct to dvd animated movies, especially those that close the clone wars.

24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Hey, I'm a guy and I'll be getting those "dolls". It's SW, so I'm all over it!

Loth-cat and CoolyFett like this.
  25. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Hmmm. Its looks interesting. I kinda hope it's a bit different from the Genndy series, since I didn't care for it TBH. I'll admit, there's a part of me that wishes it wasn't cannon so it could include even more characters (...cough...Mara Jade....cough Jaina Solo.....). There's just such a wealth of great characters from the EU, its a shame to just set them all aside.

Padme501st likes this.